new M16

M16s are full auto, they cost $10,000+ and no longer available to citizens new. Did you buy an AR-15 perhaps?

Brownells and C-Products make great new mags. They are about $17

Edited.. yes, I MA, you need to buy preban mags which do cost a few dollars more

Last edited:
If your a resident of MA. you'll need "pre-ban" mags for your AR-15. Zero Hour Arms in Easton has them for $15 a piece. If you live outside MA. you can buy them on AR-15.com in the classified section 10/$100 with free shipping.

For some reason I can't view that pic.
Funny thing is earlier I saw the picture, now, I'm getting the You are not logged in and do not have permission to view that object malarkey. If I log in in the form provided then I can see it. AI hate it when the forum software acts up like this.

Funny thing is earlier I saw the picture, now, I'm getting the You are not logged in and do not have permission to view that object malarkey. If I log in in the form provided then I can see it. AI hate it when the forum software acts up like this.

Funny thing. I just checked this thread and could click on the links and see the pics, but was not logged in.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

ya i got the xm15 bushmaster but i do no somebody who has one if you have a machine gun license

Thats kind of like saying "I just bought a fighter jet (when it really was a Cesna) and then saying "but I do know someone who is an airforce pilot" [rolleyes] [rolleyes]

OK I guess emil02 gets the idea that the hyperbole that impressed your friends on the school bus will not get you very far here. Mall ninjas are also prohibited. There are so many people here with vast experience owning and operating firearms both as civilians and in service. Just be yourself and have fun. You will probably learn something too.

I know a bunch o guys that used to shoot m16's. Like about half the people here , myself included.

I actually own a Bushmaster xm15s .. something. Carbine removable carry handle. Last I heard Carl @ FSG had more mags in stock at $20 ea.

My unimportant opinion is about as sloppy as one should get is to call it an AR-15 - correct me if wrong : But isn't that name owned by a particular company ? Armalite or Colt ?

Either way , one gets the point , as in " a civilian sport version of the military M-16."

OK I guess emil02 gets the idea that the hyperbole that impressed your friends on the school bus will not get you very far here. Mall ninjas are also prohibited. There are so many people here with vast experience owning and operating firearms both as civilians and in service. Just be yourself and have fun. You will probably learn something too.

+1 emil02, you'll get lots of good answers here, with a side order of sarcasm lightly sprinkled with ridicule. It's all good [smile]

Thank you for sticking up but I knew there was A bunch of know it all's.
I like to read ignorant sarcasm.

You know it all's, go to bushmaster and it gives you the differances of the
M16 and the AR15. There is not much differance . the parts are interchangable

Thank you for sticking up but I knew there was A bunch of know it all's.
I like to read ignorant sarcasm.

You're not going to make many friends around here with an attitude like that.

bad-newbie-bad.jpg

PS check out www.ispell.com I highlighted all your spelling errors for you.

Last edited:
Know it All.

I learned something here. Bushmaster vs Colt lawsuit on naming...

And Basic Training taught me that an M16 is NOT an AR-15.

And somewhere in the distant old days I learned to listen to people who know more than me. It's much more useful than making a fool of myself.

Let us know how easy it is to install the M16 FCG in an AR15 lower, since the parts are interchangeable. [rolleyes]

I do learn from the right people.
would they this to my face if they were in person 1 out of 5.
keep on typing

I do learn from the right people.
would they this to my face if they were in person 1 out of 5.
keep on typing

??? I am having a hard time understanding what you are typing.
Do you mean, Would they do this?
If you are asking of the people in this forum would act this way to your face, I would say 99.8% of us would. .2% that wouldn't would be Scrivy. He would be much more polite.

Last edited:
What's going on here?

There's a new guy looking for information and he's getting beat up over misnaming a rifle and grammatical errors?

For Christ's sake, every new shooter should be embraced, especially in Massachusetts. Sure, he can be corrected on the nomenclature (learning new things is half the fun of shooting) but lay off the other BS. We need all the allies we can get these days.

Back
Top Bottom