new M16

Okay, I must apologize as I have received new information from a very dear friend of mine ( and my mentor) who is still a national record holder.

The Army DID allow an EIC match for reserves and NG shooting in a national competition in Little Rock to earn Leg points in a "combat" course of fire as WingWiper (roughly) described. It was uncertain whether the winner received four or six points.

However, this is not the typical course of fire for anyone (other than these few individuals) to receive Leg points. In other words, I am not afforded the opportunity to shoot this easy course and get Leg points. I have the names and number to contact the individuals at Benning who oversee all the Army's EIC points winners to verify information.

Tony

I posted a course of fire, as I described on page 11, I edited my post after I researched to find it.
Hey! we have a EIC during OUR AG Match where you can earn 6 points. Al EIC matches have to be opened to everyone, as far as I know. I have numbers and we shoot at EAFR in August or Sept.
Yes! it is an easy match, too damn easy and I have no idea why they did that and of course it was after I got my 30 points. I have shot it a few times though and if you have solid dope and can read the wind, you are in and most likely will earn points. I am sure they gave away 6 points or a Bronze, maybe it was 4 pts, I can talk to CW3 Grace this weekend. If you all want to drive up to shoot it. I have connections for places to sleep, cheap real cheap and food cheap real cheap, I will check the legalities and let you know. I'll call Grace tomorrow, if you are or anyone is interested. We have a real nice range and there is dirt and trees behind the targets and not White Clouds and sky, so target defination is superb.

Tony

I posted a course of fire, as I described on page 11, I edited my post after I researched to find it.
Hey! we have a EIC during OUR AG Match where you can earn 6 points. Al EIC matches have to be opened to everyone, as far as I know. I have numbers and we shoot at EAFR in August or Sept.
Yes! it is an easy match, too damn easy and I have no idea why they did that and of course it was after I got my 30 points. I have shot it a few times though and if you have solid dope and can read the wind, you are in and most likely will earn points. I am sure they gave away 6 points or a Bronze, maybe it was 4 pts, I can talk to CW3 Grace this weekend. If you all want to drive up to shoot it. I have connections for places to sleep, cheap real cheap and food cheap real cheap, I will check the legalities and let you know. I'll call Grace tomorrow, if you are or anyone is interested. We have a real nice range and there is dirt and trees behind the targets and not White Clouds and sky, so target defination is superb.

No, not all EIC matches are open to the public. The military has latitude to "adjust" their course of fire. As a (now) civillian, I can only shoot what CMP prescribes for Leg matches. I can only shoot three Leg matches a year - four if you shoot the NTI at Perry - and they must be the CMP EIC course of fire.

How far south of the MDL are you???? are you near Greencastle or further south. What I posted was from a Match in Pa. in 2006 Do a TRY ONE IN the GUARD and after a year and the Match, quit.....
You still didn't tell me how you narrowed it down to my name on that list. I swear, I had to do a few shots of Maker's Mark after you told me who I was. That was friggin Creepy......

Last edited:
You still didn't tell me how you narrowed it down to my name on that list. I swear, I had to do a few shots of Maker's Mark after you told me who I was. That was friggin Creepy......

[wink] Mods/Admin have access to each user's registered Email address. I can't speak for Tony, but that might be a clue, assuming one uses a recognizable Email address.

Thanks Lens, Sorry Executive

It was a freaky feeling, Back to subject.

"No War has ever been Won by dying for your country, you win wars by making the other son of a bitch die for his" Gen Patton

Back
Top Bottom