• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New People, PROFILES. Don't talk to the cops, talk to us!

depicts

Army Veteran
NES Member
Got your attention?

Good. This is for most of you newbies and some of you oldies that don't let us know who you are.

Could you please post some information about yourselves when you turn green. Let us know what town you are in, or what your hobbies are or maybe your age. What do you like to shoot. Do you need any help getting started?

It gives us all a starting point to talk to each other and new people. When I see an Armyt Vet it makes it easy to become friends. If I see somebody likes fishing, I have a new fishing and shooting buddy.

If you know someone is from the same town as you, and doesn't have a club they belong to yet, you can offer to let a neighbor shoot with you.

The thing is people, if you don't put stuff in your profile to tell us who you are and what you like, the profile does none of us any good.

Now I know there are some high drag low speed operators on this forum. and they choose to protect their identities from the public, but except for you super hero's and a few others who "have to kill you if I told you" personalities, why don't you open up and tell us something about yourselves.

Thanks

My name is Bill. I love guns. I'm 61 years old and have 7 grandchildren who are almost all shooters (2 are too young) I like dogs, computers and fishing. I like to help newbies start to get into shooting. I love to discuss politics, no matter what position you hold, if you can debate with class.

Drop around newbies and let us know WHO you are.

But if you people don't put some information in your profiles

Hi Bill. I am new to this group but not to shooting. I started shooting when I was a kid with my father who was a Green Beret for two tours in Vietnam and a local police officer. I love to fish, shoot guns, and archery. I travel the state doing 3d shoots every summer. I am 32 married no kids yet and just bought a house in Marlborough last year.

Hi Busa, welcome to the group. Sounds like you know your way around a gun!

Bill Katt, the profile page...... you're kidding right??

People, do we all know there is a profile page you can access by clicking on your name, ar by going to settings you can tell us something about yourselves.

And you should. Last three people I met were ax-murderers, and you know how low class THOSE people are. *Grin*

I'm Dave, seriously.

31, engaged, no kids. Game designer, product manager for a fairly successful web game. Started shooting at the age of 4, dad taught me, lost him young, spent more than a few years without a decent rudder. Going through an early midlife of sorts that's pushing me back to the stuff dad taught me, and stuff he would have taught me. I was on the rifle team in high school, did some hunting, ton of fishing out in NV. Went to college in SF, then moved out here for 4-5 with time off for good behavior.

I brew beer, make sausage, preserve meats, and was a chef in a previous career. I play games like Dragon Age from time to time. That's about it.

Hi Busa, welcome to the group. Sounds like you know your way around a gun!

Bill Katt, the profile page...... you're kidding right??

People, do we all know there is a profile page you can access by clicking on your name, ar by going to settings you can tell us something about yourselves.

And you should. Last three people I met were ax-murderers, and you know how low class THOSE people are. *Grin*

Ohh. that thing. I thought you were talking about a sub forum or something like that. Sorry, I'm a bit stuffy and tired tonight, brain is kinda mush atm. [wink]

My name is John and I'm a NES addict. [wink]

But, my wife and I are fortunate to have a newborn baby girl to raise so I might not get my fix too often. [kiss]

I play games like Dragon Age from time to time. That's about it.

Steam tells me I'm a complete geek and that I have 238 hours playing DA. I'd feel bad, but that's probably the most entertainment per buck I've ever gotten out of a game.

The names Harrison and I too have become an NES addict. Just getting back into shooting in the last two months, father took me a lot when me and my brothers were younger and something ive always enjoyed. Also love fishing, kayaking, hiking, cooking/eating, gaming, pretty much anything really. Im pretty laid back, and ill talk about anything even if I dont know what im talking about [wink] Lived in Haverhill, MA all of my 22 years. Oh im a Leo and my favorite color is red [smile]

Hey, im Adam. I live in Andover.......i first started shooting when i was a Boy Scout, spent 11 years in the Scouts. Sadly, my parents and sister hate the fact i like/own firearms, but i love shooting. im looking forward to going hunting up here for the first time. i'll be looking for a hunting buddy in the fall. Im an EMT and i would love to become a police officer or an arson investigator. I love the outdoors, im a good cook and i love history.

Hi Bill. I am new to this group but not to shooting. I started shooting when I was a kid with my father who was a Green Beret for two tours in Vietnam and a local police officer. I love to fish, shoot guns, and archery. I travel the state doing 3d shoots every summer. I am 32 married no kids yet and just bought a house in Marlborough last year.

Busa is a pretty big last name where I'm from.

Got your attention?

Good. This is for most of you newbies and some of you oldies that don't let us know who you are.

Could you please post some information about yourselves when you turn green. Let us know what town you are in, or what your hobbies are or maybe your age. What do you like to shoot. Do you need any help getting started?

It gives us all a starting point to talk to each other and new people. When I see an Armyt Vet it makes it easy to become friends. If I see somebody likes fishing, I have a new fishing and shooting buddy.

If you know someone is from the same town as you, and doesn't have a club they belong to yet, you can offer to let a neighbor shoot with you.

The thing is people, if you don't put stuff in your profile to tell us who you are and what you like, the profile does none of us any good.

Now I know there are some high drag low speed operators on this forum. and they choose to protect their identities from the public, but except for you super hero's and a few others who "have to kill you if I told you" personalities, why don't you open up and tell us something about yourselves.

Thanks

My name is Bill. I love guns. I'm 61 years old and have 7 grandchildren who are almost all shooters (2 are too young) I like dogs, computers and fishing. I like to help newbies start to get into shooting. I love to discuss politics, no matter what position you hold, if you can debate with class.

Drop around newbies and let us know WHO you are.

But if you people don't put some information in your profiles

So,,,,,,, When is the group hug? [rofl]

Great idea Bill, but I only put minimal info. You and I are real close to the same age and having communicated for several years, have never met. My loss i am sure.

For anyone interested, I got my first LTC in 1972. I was LEO for 12yrs, a Police Firearms instructor for 8 yrs, S&W trained armorer, been reloading since 1974, have competed in some type of pistol sport since 1981, Currently a self employed P&H contractor concentrating on problem heating systems and heat installation along with general plumbing repairs. I am a NROI RO, a NRA instructor, an IDPA SOI for a little while longer but no longer compete in IDPA and when membership comes due, will not renew. Lots more info but really, who cares about us old guys anyway[rolleyes]

Last edited:
My name is Ryan, 21 year old criminal justice student at Bridgewater State University. I'm planning on going into the army next June . I'm a real newbie with fire arms. I've only been shooting a handful of times and I have been addicted since the first time. I live in Boston so getting my class A should be a interesting experience. I love fishing the cape cod canal, and anywhere else for stripers.

Andrew (duh), live in Amherst, NH. Sadly, I work in MA and make the drive every day. I have been shooting since I was 6 (coming up on my 40th anniversary of shooting). I have a son, 8, and a wonderful wife (who likes guns).

When I have time, I teach NRA Basic Pistol. I lived in MA for 25 years (1981-2006) and took a flyer on moving to FL. We only lasted 3 years, but made some good friends.

My wife is a kickboxing instructor and personal trainer and my son is addicted to Halo.

That enough? TMI?

Thanks for the prompt.

I have been a member for a while but never took the time to add info to my profile.
I just updated my profile and saw that I just hit the 100 post mark, a newbie still but a mile marker none the less.
Here is what is in my profile now.

Grew up in Boston so shooting, hunting wasn't a part of my childhood, learned the basics in the Boy Scouts, have been an avid camper, hiker, seakayaker for years.
Lived in Japan for a number of years and travel back frequently.
42 y/o recently married and expecting my first.
Have had a long time interest in shooting, but it took me a long time to get my LTC. Finally got off my butt, took a course with Jon at GOAL, and got my License. Not yet a GOAL member? WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR JOIN GOAL HERE

I welcome any questions relating to Japan. If I don't know the answer (and I may not) I will most likely be able to find it.

my name is chris. i live in leominster. i didnt grow up in leominster. i shoot in leominster. i fix computers and have dogs.

UM, Hello, my name is Tim and I'm a right wing gun nut.My dysfunction started when I was young and my parents disciplined me and taught me right from wrong.It went further down hill when in later years I started thinking for myself and associating with people who did the same.With proper council-ling,by suing my mother and reparations from the government, I'm hoping to be back in the flock and a union member by summer.

hey, all- My name is Jaime, I'm 31 and married w/a 1yo. which is why I can't be on too often. (hubby is on the forum, too... but very infrequently - JayM)

I like hunting, fishing, horses, photography, and my dogs. [laugh]

I love shooting, obviously, or I wouldn't be here. [wink]

Oh- and I didn't vote for Obama, or Deval.

anything I missed?

Steam tells me I'm a complete geek and that I have 238 hours playing DA. I'd feel bad, but that's probably the most entertainment per buck I've ever gotten out of a game.

Seriously, 238 hours?! My first play through was about 94 hours. You hitting all the DLC?

Remember - part 2 comes out 3/5!

Back
Top Bottom