• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New S&W 28 Highway Patrolman + New Light Box = ?

Hanwei

NES Member
I decided it was time to improve my gun photos... so I wanted a light box.

I went out to the local hardware store and purchased a big tupperware thingy that you can store clothes in, etc... it was a clear plastic color. I went to my brother's house... to use his tools... cut open the main area... and frosted the rest of the box using sandpaper.

I also went to the local paper store and picked up some thick paper in different colors... green, black, gray, navy, and red... to use as backgrounds.

I also had these three lamps from Home Depot...

And Voila!

IMG_4044.jpg

This is my first BLUED S&W revolver: the 28-2 Highway Patrolman. 6in barrel. Pinned & recessed. Locks up pretty tight. It's a beauty. Oh, and the case coloring on the hammer and trigger (hammer especially) are FANTASTIC. Very vibrant.

It was DIRTY as balls when I got it... had to spend about an hour and a half just cleaning. It was obvious that the previous owner loved shooting it... but definitely hated cleaning it.

And here are the photos of the 28 using the new light box! Let me know what you think.

[grin]

IMG_4047.jpg

IMG_4051.jpg

IMG_4057.jpg

IMG_4060.jpg

IMG_4067.jpg

IMG_4077.jpg

IMG_4085.jpg

IMG_4091.jpg

IMG_4092.jpg

IMG_4102.jpg

BEAUTIFUL gun!! better be careful,those pictures came out so well everyone is going to be asking you to take pics of their guns now.

Thanks guys... and gal [wink]

The next time I've got a whole day with nothing to do I'm going to take photos of my entire handgun collection.

get a bigger box, i want to see the rifles...

Hehe... if I can find a bigger box... [smile]

Looks great but isn't that a MOD 27?

Nope. It's a Mod 28-2 Highway Patrolman. (notice in the photo of just the barrel it says "Highway Patrolman" [wink])

The model 27's were either regular blued (had a shine to it), or nickel. S&W released the 28 afterward which was basically a 27, but with a matte blued finish... cheaper... geared more toward the "working man's" gun. No flashiness... all business.

Also, the 27 came in many different barrel lengths... whereas the 28 only came in 4in and 6in barrels.

Last edited:
I have this Mod 28 no dash with original box and papers I haven't shot it yet. Wish I could get some great shots like you. When I get my 'man cave' set up, I want to have a picture taking area in it. Thanks for the photo tips !

28andboxxx%20800x684.jpg

Beautiful HP. Why haven't you shot her?

Man Cave = Good. Post pics when you're done [grin]

Back
Top Bottom