• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Newtown School Mass Shootings: Who or What is to Blame?

Sorry if it's a dupe.

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/newtown-connecticut-mass-shootings-blame-192700959.html

Too many guns. Republican Senator Joe Manchin of West Virginia, a conservative member of the National Rifle Association who posed with a rifle and promised to protect the Second Amendment in his election campaign videos, said on Monday that it's time to reconsider our nation's gun laws.

"I'm a proud outdoors-man and huntsman, like many Americans, and I like shooting, but this doesn't make sense," he said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe." "I don't know anyone in the sporting or hunting arena that goes out with an assault rifle. I don't know anybody that needs 30 rounds in a clip to go hunting. I mean, these are things that need to be talked about."

"Seeing the massacre of so many innocent children has changed everything," Manchin added. "Everything has to be on the table and I think it will be."

"Seeing the massacre of so many innocent children has changed everything"
What has this guy been doing to help the massacre of so many innocent children since 1973 ?
This windbag is just a tool of the establishment to help usher in the NWO.
The NWO will fail, it will not end well for the globalists.

BTW, these useful idiots are the first to be eliminated once the tyrrany has reached it's apex.

1. The Shooter
2. Supporters of the Gun Free School Zone Act of 1990
3. His Mother (IF AND ONLY IF she knew he had serious issues and did not take reasonable action to keep him from being able to access them)

Assault rifle and clip is all I have been hearing about the last few days. You correct these people and they still use the same terminology.

Assault rifle and clip is all I have been hearing about the last few days. You correct these people and they still use the same terminology.

Thats because they don't take the time or energy to listen to your side, they just know big black guns go boom and boom is bad...

Why is everyone convinced it is so easy to get guns? Someone on FB told me yesterday it is easier than going to the pharmecy to pick up a prescription where they scan your ID. Show me that store and I will be first in line haha last time I check I didn't have to wait for 30-60 minutes at the pharmecy while they check with the ATF to see if it is okay for me to take prozac haha

Interesting article from Deninger:

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=215059

If this is true, and we damn well deserve to know if it is, then it is a solid indication that this young man was schizophrenic, which is a condition that not only has a solid association with violence, it also has a solid association with all sorts of other not-nice things, like hearing voices telling you to kill people. In fact the "hallmark" of schizophrenia is the inability to distinguish what is real from what is not.

Adam Lanza's mother had been increasingly concerned over her son's well-being in the weeks before the tragedy, telling a friend just a week before that he was "getting worse" and that "she was losing him," the New York Daily News reported. That report makes no mention of Asperger's syndrome, but it cites Adam's uncle who said he was taking an anti-psychotic drug called Fanapt. The Atlantic points out that several diagnoses have been bandied about in the press, including autism, Asperger's, and "personality disorder."

But this isn't so much about the drug itself as what it says about this young man, if in fact he was on the drug. See, this drug, like all anti-psychotics, sometimes causes serious psychiatric side effects itself, including extreme aggression.

Everyone knows that the shooter is to blame. After that it comes down to causation versus correlation. One could say that mental illness caused him to shoot up that school. Further, a correlation can be made between social awkwardness, mental illness, guns, and mass murder. The same could also be said about males (primarily White) and mass murder. Therein lies the problem with the anti-gun argument. If something causes an action, then it is most certainly correlated. However, just because two things occur together (in this case, guns and mass murder), doesn't mean that one caused the other, even if it seems to make sense. This is what the average anti- doesn't understand - causation versus correlation. Get rid of guns, and there will still be mass murder. Get rid of mental illness, well...then we might be onto something.

Everyone knows that the shooter is to blame. After that it comes down to causation versus correlation. One could say that mental illness caused him to shoot up that school. Further, a correlation can be made between social awkwardness, mental illness, guns, and mass murder. The same could also be said about males (primarily White) and mass murder. Therein lies the problem with the anti-gun argument. If something causes an action, then it is most certainly correlated. However, just because two things occur together (in this case, guns and mass murder), doesn't mean that one caused the other, even if it seems to make sense. This is what the average anti- doesn't understand - causation versus correlation. Get rid of guns, and there will still be mass murder. Get rid of mental illness, well...then we might be onto something.

This +1

Who is to blame? The murderer
What is to blame? Gun control. It leaves the innocent defenseless.

THIS is not a NEW standpoint from the NRA or a lot of people in it... And it's the very reason why I REFUSE to support them. Which makes joining some clubs difficult... It's crazy when we're getting from the Anti's and even from inside the realm of "2A supporters"

I guess we'll see more and more conservative politicians rowing back on their 2a stance. It may not be what they believe in, but it sure is a popular thing to do. It's not really a huge plus to be pro 2a, right now. Don't forget, we're talkin about politicians here. They're ALL liars by trade. Well, I guess all the loumouthed people with their "from my dead cold hands" talk will soon get an opportunity to man up or shut up.

[tinfoil][tinfoil][tinfoil][tinfoil][tinfoil][tinfoil][tinfoil][tinfoil]
61457_413620962043539_165700225_n.jpg

[tinfoil][tinfoil][tinfoil][tinfoil][tinfoil][tinfoil][tinfoil][tinfoil]

Too many guns. Republican Senator Joe Manchin of West Virginia, a conservative member of the National Rifle Association who posed with a rifle and promised to protect the Second Amendment in his election campaign videos, said on Monday that it's time to reconsider our nation's gun laws.

"I'm a proud outdoors-man and huntsman, like many Americans, and I like shooting, but this doesn't make sense," he said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe." "I don't know anyone in the sporting or hunting arena that goes out with an assault rifle. I don't know anybody that needs 30 rounds in a clip to go hunting. I mean, these are things that need to be talked about."

imagesCAMVKC8B.jpg

^^Senator Joe Manchin ... uhhh Senator?

They're all crooks

Omg my wife got mad at me last night because the news said people are buying more guns and AR's... Wtf!

Just thinking, if the shooter was not a 20yr old American boy, but a middle-aged middle eastern man, would we be where we are now? The president is just making laws to shut people up, gawd! People terrorists come in all shapes and sizes, and can come from any country!!!

Omg my wife got mad at me last night because the news said people are buying more guns and AR's... Wtf!

Just thinking, if the shooter was not a 20yr old American boy, but a middle-aged middle eastern man, would we be where we are now? The president is just making laws to shut people up, gawd! People terrorists come in all shapes and sizes, and can come from any country!!!

Excellent point.

If it had been some Middle Eastern terrorist who had smuggled his gun in from Mexico - where he bought it from a drug gang - who had it supplied to them by Eric Holder - we'd be having a totally different conversation right now.

I think the largest clip, IMHO is 8 rounds. I say let them cap them at 10. Done deal?

No, the largest I'm aware of are those used by the MIL for the M-16 and are 10 rd clips . . . I have 100s of them and used to load bandoleers to take to the range with me.

There are other MIL rifles that also used 10 rd clips to load mags or the rifle (internal mag) directly (think SKS).

Back
Top Bottom