Northshore Firearms Middleton, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not understanding the transfer thing. How busy can they be that they can't do transfers? Given the climate what is making them busier than normal? They have a secret stash of ARs and ammo they are selling?

...aaaaaand another LGS alienate themselves from their own customer base!

I have an idea, how about instead of dropping a critical FFL service entirely you dedicate certain "quieter hours" or establish "call-ahead" for those needing transfers. Or simply, "Hey guys, we're slammed with walk-ins so your wait on transfers could be up to an hour. You are always welcome to browse our inventory while you wait!"

Business must just be really amazing. Good for them... but Mike should know his clientele have very good memories.

Doesnt make sense. I was there this past Saturday at Noon, I think 3 guys were working and there were 8 people total in the shop. Business must be good to turn away easy cash for doing a 10 min transfer.

Looks like a retarded policy to me. Christ, hire me for $12 per hour once a week, sit me in a room with a separate phone line and I'll run transfers through all day no problem. I'll even keep the books updated while I do it.

$25 per month for a Comcast phone line
8 (hours)x$12x4 weeks = $384 per month for pay = $409 per month to run the station. 21 transfers cover the cost. I could do probably close to 35-40 transfers in a day if it was non stop.

come on mike!

I suspect there is a lot more to this than being to busy.

So what about the incoming transfers from the lower group buys? Wtf. Such a dumb move on their part.

no kidding. if this effects NES group buys, NSF is going to lose hundreds of dollars. Maybe over $1,000 straight profit from the larger buys. NSF needs to be looking at NES as easy money- which it is. Not pushing away people who want to do transfers.

NSF has had a rocky relationship with NES in my opinion. I think with the proper amount of time, PR and thought NSF could make a killing off this forum and put Patriot Arms out of business.

Last edited:
NSF has had a rocky relationship with NES in my opinion. I think with the proper amount of time, PR and though NSF could make a killing off this forum and put Patriot Arms out of business.
I totally agree with you. It's not a bad shop with layout and inventory ( well before full retard). Some PR help would go a long way there.

Looks like a retarded policy to me. Christ, hire me for $12 per hour once a week, sit me in a room with a separate phone line and I'll run transfers through all day no problem. I'll even keep the books updated while I do it.

$25 per month for a Comcast phone line
8 (hours)x$12x4 weeks = $384 per month for pay = $409 per month to run the station. 21 transfers cover the cost. I could do probably close to 35-40 transfers in a day if it was non stop.

come on mike!

I suspect there is a lot more to this than being to busy.

no kidding. if this effects NES group buys, NSF is going to lose hundreds of dollars. Maybe over $1,000 straight profit from the larger buys. NSF needs to be looking at NES as easy money- which it is. Not pushing away people who want to do transfers.

NSF has had a rocky relationship with NES in my opinion. I think with the proper amount of time, PR and though NSF could make a killing off this forum and put Patriot Arms out of business.

Remember, "NSF doesn't need the NES community".

I just called Mike jr to find out what's going on.
Here's the deal, they are not accepting transfers, unless they are notified first, and if you are a regular customer.
The confusion came from a customer who ordered a gun from Sig, but didnt notify NSF that a gun was coming in. They put the gun on the shelf, and it sold. The said customer got pissed. Not the guys from NSF's fault, if they were never notified!
They will do transfers, if properly notified.

Folks, I was in there a few weeks back buying a gun and they literally had 5 NICS forms lined up processing them in bulk with NICS when they could actually get through. It was absurd. People who had just forked over many hundreds of dollars were standing around for more than an hour waiting for NICS. I don't think this is an issue of greed or full retard, it's a NICS availability problem. NICS is so overloaded it's backing up the rest of the process. MIRCS goes through easier because it's automated and even then it's gone down a few weekends in Dec and Jan.

All I am saying is don't ascribe to this a motive without actual knowledge of that motive. The truth may be very different.

ETA: Right message, wrong premise. Apparently the problem is what andypieces has said.

Here's the deal, they are not accepting transfers, unless they are notified first, and if you are a regular customer.
The confusion came from a customer who ordered a gun from Sig, but didnt notify NSF that a gun was coming in. They put the gun on the shelf, and it sold. The said customer got pissed. Not the guys from NSF's fault, if they were never notified!

So that makes some sense... They might consider updating their services page cause unless I missed it, that policy (which makes perfect sense) is not listed there.

Just bought a 629 snubbie from Bill... love it

Not to sound like a prick, but maybe they should rephrase what they put on their website. Knee jerk reactions should only be for politicians. [wink]

Deff not what the site says.

NSF: "We aren't taking transfers, please use Patriot Arms."

I'll never understand it. Jack porked NSF several times while working there, and then NSF pulls retarded policies like this that is going to give Patriot Arms more business.

Bad business move is bad.

I really like all the guys on the counter, but to be honest, they have very limited stock and, what they do have, is best bought elsewhere.

Just left
.223 for $9.95/box (20 rounds) 2 box limit
9mm $20 1 box limit
22 bucket of bullets $80

M&P Shield $431 cash

DrI've the extra 10 miles to Patriot Arms. Same 9mm is $14.25
The same bucket of bullets is $63. Now you just saved $23

I have taken this shop off my list. They are rude, run a business like they are doing you a favor & offer nothing special.

I was going to head over to NS Firearms to pickup some Hoppes and a buddy told me they were closed for a couple days due to "restocking". I'm guessing/hoping that they are actually getting some meaningful inventory otherwise I can't imagine the restocking exercise would take any longer than 5 minutes.

I was going to head over to NS Firearms to pickup some Hoppes and a buddy told me they were closed for a couple days due to "restocking". I'm guessing/hoping that they are actually getting some meaningful inventory otherwise I can't imagine the restocking exercise would take any longer than 5 minutes.

I've tried to go there twice in the past week, and both times they were closed. Once I showed up at 4:55pm on a Wednesday and they were locked up and done for the day. Yesterday I made it a point to get there well before 5pm and they were closed for inventory until Friday!

I go there because it is on the way to the GF's house, and they seem like a reasonable shop, but pricey. FS is a crowded nightmare and blue northern never seems to have anything.

I had a little discrepancy with a recent purchase I made. I went there last Sunday and had a talk with one of the sales guys about it. We didn't see eye to eye on it and were unable to resolve it. So I called on Tuesday and asked to speak with the owner. Mike SR. got on the phone and we had a great conversation about it. He was very friendly, he told me to come in after they did inventory and assured me everything would be taken care of. I went in Today and dealt with Mike JR. and he took care of it. I have no problem speaking out when I have bad service but i wont hesitate to give credit when I have good service. Thanks Mike SR. and JR. for great customer service!!

I've tried to go there twice in the past week, and both times they were closed. Once I showed up at 4:55pm on a Wednesday and they were locked up and done for the day. Yesterday I made it a point to get there well before 5pm and they were closed for inventory until Friday!

I go there because it is on the way to the GF's house, and they seem like a reasonable shop, but pricey. FS is a crowded nightmare and blue northern never seems to have anything.

And if you do not know they close when it snows out.....so Snow Tuesday equals closed Tuesday.[rolleyes]

First update in 6 weeks and thats it? How bout stock, ammo? Besides that, im glad they were nice to you.

Wait wait did you say new staff?

First update in 6 weeks and thats it? How bout stock, ammo? Besides that, im glad they were nice to you.

Wait wait did you say new staff?

They had ammo on the shelves, i didnt take note of it. The stock seemed good.

I was in there either Thursday or Friday of last week and there was no 9mm or .22lr. Didn't pay attention to anything else.

Zero 9mm today. The only meaningful news I can convey is that the old man requested the minions box up all the Galco Holsters (20-25ish) and put them up for sale at 30% off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom