• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Northshore Firearms Middleton, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it appears that NSF has updated their front page to remove the hotlink. I'll keep the site up just for giggles.

i would have loved to see their reactions when they found out the site was now live....

Still playing stupid, petty, business-killing games instead of trying to act like the person in the equation who actually has something to lose. Dumb. At the absolute minimum they should just shut up about it and move on.

Still playing stupid, petty, business-killing games instead of trying to act like the person in the equation who actually has something to lose. Dumb. At the absolute minimum they should just shut up about it and move on.

To arrogant to close there yaps! I have to wonder how much potential business they have lost. With roughly 158,000 views and just over 800 post....yikes! Lots of people.

When I saw the statement about gun transfers I almost couldn't believe that an entrepreneur would be so short sighted. Especially when you are selling the same product as everyone else. All you have is service to differentiate yourself. When gun demand dies down and it will the business they now take for granted will go away.

Attention: Out of stater's, You see something you would like, call us, we do ship.

Yeah, I'd want to do business with a shop that plays informant to the ATF and gets into a pissing match (on the front page of their website) with a bunch of guys from a forum.

Wow. Who ever is running the show over there needs to either quit or get back on their meds... there are too many other gun shop options in the area. I am guessing they are trying to be funny with the 'wahwahgunshopreview' website thing... but why bother and risk pissing off potential customers? 4 Seasons is easier for me to get too as is Mass Firearms. If I am going to go up there I might as well drive 20 miles further and go to Acme Armament

Yeah, I picked up a firearm today for around $500. I was going to go to NSF until I read this thread and the other recent NSF related thread.

I went to Four Seasons instead. Great service, friendly, professional AND you don't have to worry about 'looking over your shoulder' when it comes to casual legit firearms conversations.

Last edited:
It appears someone finally convinced them to take down the section attacking NES and telling us to stay out of the store.

I always loved this place when I lived in MA, and thought everyone there was excellent (except Dench [wink]). Mike Jr had gone out of his way to help me a few times specifically. For these reasons, I believe most complaints to be just that of sensitive Susie's... however....

The reaction to the commentary here is severely disappointing. Talk about bad PR. Having come to their defense here multiple times, I almost take it personally.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on the ATF incident, because if there's two things I don't trust its news articles and law enforcement.

I think they would do well to apologize greatly for their lack of tact around this.

Last edited:
Even if you somehow justify in your mind the ATF issue, their response in and of itself is reason enough to avoid the place. I will never shop in a place that holds their customers in such contempt.

Even if you somehow justify in your mind the ATF issue, their response in and of itself is reason enough to avoid the place. I will never shop in a place that holds their customers in such contempt.

This. I used to go the NSF to purchase ammo. Now my options are limited to a dozen other places. No great loss.

Here's the best part. I started getting back into shooting less than a year ago. Despite being along my commute, I didn't know NSF even existed until I read about it on this forum. The business they got from me they owe entirely to members of this forum. The business I will forever take somewhere else, they lost because of the way the acted on this forum.

They still have that idiotic paragraph about the gun shop review site. The stupidest part is that NES actually raves about any halfway decent shop, and even they had positive feedback until this mess started.

Some people are too emotional for retail.

I have repeatedly tried to buy a firearm there, but something always turned me off of them. My last attempt was right around the last presidential election. I was in the saturday before looking at mosins. They had about a dozen at $135 with just a sling. I thought about it over the weekend and decided on payday (weds) to do it. I got out of work and started to head up, but called to make sure. I told the guy that answered exactly what I was looking for and where they were located. He put me on hold for a few minutes and went to check. When he came back, he informed me that they sold out and were waiting for more. A friend, who is a regular customer, called me at this point. I filled him in on what happened and he told me that he had been there the day before and remembered seeing some, so he offered to call. They informed him they had plenty at $165.
This left a very bad taste in my mouth and was the last time I tried to buy from the. I was able to get a mosin with accesories and ammo from Acme for $145 after taxes that day.

I didn't know NSF even existed until I read about it on this forum. The business they got from me they owe entirely to members of this forum. The business I will forever take somewhere else, they lost because of the way the acted on this forum.
This ^

I bought a pistol from them last year. It's well over an hour drive for me, but I was in the area and figured I'd stop in to see what they had. It took forever for someone to offer to help, but it was busy so I brushed it off. Now after this crap
I doubt I'll swing in again.

You can't keep everyone happy, and after a mess like this you definitely shouldn't go and shit on your customer base because you're bound to upset or sway people that had no opinion either way.

You guys are right, this thread is hilarious. Pure comedy gold!

I mean, what could possibly be funnier than watching a dozen NES keyboard heroes beat down a local gun store which may or may not have done something wrong. Of course we don't really know what occurred, but hey - this is NES! Facts would just get in the way. Anyhow, there was another thread where someone said he knew a guy who heard what really happened and that's good enough for us.

So forget Linsky, Patrick, Creem, and Rosenthal. We've met the true enemy of Massachusetts gun owners and it's North Shore Firearms, those statist rats with their slavish obedience to trivial federal laws.

Plus, North Shore is probably in bed with those anti-2A traitors at Ephesian Arms, who think firearms training is a good idea. And those money-grubbers at New England Shooter's Warehouse, whose opening prices were too high. Or those wimps at Four Seasons, who won't sell a 10/22 to an FID holder. Or the crooks at Law Enforcement Equipment, who once charged sales tax on a safe. C'mon, let's destroy all their reputations. Then years from now, after the last MA gun store has closed its doors, someone can resurrect this thread and we'll have a good laugh all over again...

Seriously, some of you need to take a minute and listen to yourselves. Now, more than ever, the firearms community in Massachusetts needs to stick together; gun owners, lobbying groups, retailers, manufacturers, all of us. It does no damn good to march arm-in-arm on the State House if we go back to tearing each other apart the next day. Why are we always in such a rush to eat our own? Time and again we see review threads where someone tells us they heard Store X wasn't nice to their cousin's neighbor's brother so personally they'll never never set foot in the place again. Next thing, three more people start chirping about how, in that case, they'll never go there either because they heard that place sucks.

Imagine how mind-crushingly frustrating this must be for the business owner? Anyone who's run a small retail operation knows that 90% of your customers are great and 10% are needy, unreasonable, whiny PITAs. In the gun business around here, I imagine you can add another 10% to cover the dreamers, the crazies, and the straw purchasers (both real and sting). Throw in the BATF stopping by unannounced for audits and you can see why store owners get a little cranky sometimes. The last thing they need is a bunch of forum posts attacking their business reputation based on hearsay and third-hand rumors. But if they try to respond, they're taunted with the usual childish "awwww, boo-hoo, toughen up" nonsense from their anonymous critics.

I realize we don't do empathy on NES. For too many posters, the need to score a cheap laugh always trumps respect or decency. But here's a simple suggestion. In the Gun Shops and Reviews sub-forum at least, refrain from posting anything unless you've actually visited the store. If you received great service, write a review. If it was just average, write a review. If you had a bad experience, write a review. If you've never been there and just want to gossip, do us all a favor and keep quiet.

Only a fool would expect The Internet to take the high road in a situation like this. That's on the shop owner exclusively since they're the only ones who have anything to lose and since The Internet is, well, The Internet. The clowns at the shop in question have done anything but this of course, and have decided to start taking poorly thought and written jabs at their customer base on their website. Pretty stupid if you consider that they're the ones rightly on the defensive after allegedly going to the cops because somebody with a foreign accent called and asked questions - a call that supposedly resulted in some poor kid getting a face full of freedom.

If you've never been there and just want to gossip, do us all a favor and keep quiet.

You don't need to have set foot in a shop to know stupid shit when you hear and see it.

What's your connection to Northshore?

northshorefirearms; said:
It is quite apparent that the members of North East Shooters Forum have been very critical of our store since we opened 6 years ago. I have never thought much of some the members, nor the site itself in a whole, a forum which consistently downgrades gun stores in our region for not kissing their butt, very immature behavior. Please, read some of their posts, not just about us but other stores as well. The lack of responsible staff members is the blame to allow such ill- mannered behavior. We are the only gun store that I know of, who does not and will not put up with such antics. Most gun stores around here do whatever they can to please these people, so that they don’t get bashed. We never wanted these people in our store to begin with, that is quite apparent. Buying and owning guns should be done by responsible mature adults; far and few between on this forum. I’m sure all gun shop owners would agree, but, unfortunately, they are too scared to admit it openly. They are also to blame for spoiling them to the point of no return.

At North Shore Firearms, we treat every person who comes into our store equally, regardless of race, color, creed, etc. (In my family alone there are 3 interracial marriages.) For your information, we did not call the Methuen Police Department. We notified the BATF, while they were in our store, of a person “exhibiting odd and unusual behavior”, which were my exact words.

The following is the sequence of events that occurred:

#1- A customer that we sold an AK47 to had been calling us up to 5 times a day for the last 5 days.

#2- We knew who he was because we have caller ID.

#3- When he called, he used broken English and altered the tone of his voice, obviously to sound like a foreigner, such as; “you… make…a… AK47… into pistol? You…a… have…a… flash… suppressor for AK? You… have…a… gunsmith? You…give…a… me…name…gunsmith?”

#4- Yes, he did this 5 times a day for 5 days.

#5-When he purchased the AK, he, his brother, and father spoke perfect English.

#6- All of this took place after we sold him the gun.

#7- That’s it. That is all we said, no more no less. Would I do it again? Yes.

#8- We cannot say any more about what happened afterwards as a result of notifying the BATF.

#9- I will say that we are not the only store involved.

Sad. Really. I remember when they first opened and I tried to help them out as much as I could. Recommendations on their website, helping out with the computer systems (even completely rebuilding Jr's personal computer), and more whenever I could, etc. In return, I was always treated very fairly by them, often getting discounts, etc. Hell they even let me behind the counter to show firearms in the display cases and racks to myself. As a result, I've spent quite a few thousand there. There was a trust there. I'm not going to sit here and knock that. That being said, this latest BS to develop with the BATF, FBI, and whatever other alphabet agency you want to add along with nitwits at the Methuen Police Dept. gloating on facebook; followed by bizarre posts by NSF on this forum and their professional business website is total bullshit and the perfect storm method to send your business into the crapper.

NSF makes their biggest mistake in thinking that NES is the "Yelp" for gun stores in MA. It's not. It's a community. It's a community of like minded people (in this case shooters) who enjoy the hobby and in most cases are willing to bend over backwards for one another. There are countless threads demonstrating the kindness of members on this forum (except for Dench). NES doesn't exist just to be critical about gun shops and it certainly doesn't exist just to post negative reviews about said gun shops. There are many review threads on here for shops without a single negative on them.

I'd venture to say that hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not pushing a million dollars or more per year changes hands amongst members of this forum and gun shops active on this forum as a DIRECT RESULT OF THIS FORUM EXISTING. The fact that NSF doesn't want a piece of this money sort of baffles me. Why be in business if you can't maximize every single avenue of profit? The guys giving away a firearm a year to drive more business into their stores or doing raffles/karma, they know what they are doing.

I don't know what else to say as the story keeps changing. Fortunately for me I don't need anymore firearms at the moment and I don't need ammo for them as I haven't been shooting for a year due a spine injury, but even if I had money and given all that's going with NSF and the fact their website says they don't want me in their store in anymore, I'm finding it hard to ever want to step foot there again.

What on earth are you guys doing?

Sad. Really. I remember when they first opened and I tried to help them out as much as I could. Recommendations on their website, helping out with the computer systems (even completely rebuilding Jr's personal computer), and more whenever I could, etc. In return, I was always treated very fairly by them, often getting discounts, etc. Hell they even let me behind the counter to show firearms in the display cases and racks to myself. As a result, I've spent quite a few thousand there. There was a trust there. I'm not going to sit here and knock that. That being said, this latest BS to develop with the BATF, FBI, and whatever other alphabet agency you want to add along with nitwits at the Methuen Police Dept. gloating on facebook; followed by bizarre posts by NSF on this forum and their professional business website is total bullshit and the perfect storm method to send your business into the crapper.

NSF makes their biggest mistake in thinking that NES is the "Yelp" for gun stores in MA. It's not. It's a community. It's a community of like minded people (in this case shooters) who enjoy the hobby and in most cases are willing to bend over backwards for one another. There are countless threads demonstrating the kindness of members on this forum (except for Dench). NES doesn't exist just to be critical about gun shops and it certainly doesn't exist just to post negative reviews about said gun shops. There are many review threads on here for shops without a single negative on them.

I'd venture to say that hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not pushing a million dollars or more per year changes hands amongst members of this forum and gun shops active on this forum as a DIRECT RESULT OF THIS FORUM EXISTING. The fact that NSF doesn't want a piece of this money sort of baffles me. Why be in business if you can't maximize every single avenue of profit? The guys giving away a firearm a year to drive more business into their stores or doing raffles/karma, they know what they are doing.

I don't know what else to say as the story keeps changing. Fortunately for me I don't need anymore firearms at the moment and I don't need ammo for them as I haven't been shooting for a year due a spine injury, but even if I had money and given all that's going with NSF and the fact their website says they don't want me in their store in anymore, I'm finding it hard to ever want to step foot there again.

What on earth are you guys doing?

I couldn't agree more. The MPD thread was just another reason why I don't support their business. They treat their customers like dumb *******s when in reality, they are the ones who are childish and absolutely retarded WRT PR. Oh well, I know much better businesses where they know me by name and won't be condescending rats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom