Northshore Firearms Middleton, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.
just saw on nsfa web site that they are now open mondays and open late on fridays. way to go ns. we all need a place to goto on mondays :)

just saw on nsfa web site that they are now open mondays and open late on fridays. way to go ns. we all need a place to goto on mondays :)

This is what you wasted your first post on?!

It's helpful info especially if you are interested in buying no more than (1) 50 count box of (nameless) .45 auto for $30.99 on a Friday night.

yes my first post. i never write on forums cause of jerks like you!! i usually just read and learn.. i was excited to there open as mondays are my only day off from work!

yes my first post. i never write on forums cause of jerks like you!! i usually just read and learn.. i was excited to there open as mondays are my only day off from work!

Bazinga!

I appreciate the info. Monday is usually the only day I get a chance to do some shopping, this is good news.

This place is dead to me. I was at the counter couple weeks/months ago and the salesman's phone rang. I believe his ringtone was Nickelback to which he began jamming out a bit before answering. There is no excuse for Nickelback... ever.

This place is dead to me. I was at the counter couple weeks/months ago and the salesman's phone rang. I believe his ringtone was Nickelback to which he began jamming out a bit before answering. There is no excuse for Nickelback... ever.

[rofl]

Went there today for the first time and was pleasantly surprised, everyone was polite and helpful. Good stock of a lot of things, including primers (except small rifle.) Everything was a little expensive, I think the primers were $45 per thousand. They were very helpful and didn't sneer when I asked for Varget powder like other shops.

I reload, so I don't really look for ammo anymore, but I think they were out of 9mm, but had about a dozen bricks of CCI SV .22LR for $35 which I think is a very good price. I left them all there though.

Chris

I went to North Shore last week to browse their inventory. I was looking for one of ATI's new STG-44 .22LR. I wasn't expecting to get much shopping done given the fact that the wife and two kids were in tow. I was wrong. The staff was extremely friendly and even managed to entertain the little ones while I completed the transaction. Middleton is a little out of the way for me, but I wouldn't hesitate to go back to NSF again. Great inventory, good prices, A+ customer service.

Bought my M&P 15-22 here, brand-new for $383.95 cash. No other place I found could TOUCH is deal, so I made the drive. Very helpful, very polite, ended up buying the rifle plus a Plano case and snap caps. They're stocked on the cool **** that makes me drool, particularly tacticool bolt-actions and even a PTR-91. 10/10 would recommend.

Recently received my MA LTC no restrictions, and am looking to purchase my first firearm. I'm looking for a semi-auto, 9MM handgun that I can use at the range and for CCW. Something along the lines of an M&P 9 or 9c, Ruger 9c, etc. I was in the area of NSF and thought I'd check it out.

I called first, as I always do when planning on visiting a non-national chain store. They answered my call, and I said, "Oh good, you're open." Person on other end: "Why wouldn't we be?" Um, OK.

Long story short, the older gentleman seems pretty decent but the younger guy... he preferred to check in his new inventory just delivered by UPS than to help me compare the Ruger 9C to the M&P9 and 9C. Dismissively waved me down the counter to two other guys who were already helping customers. I stood there for a couple minutes, then said F it, and ditched -- with my cash still in pocket.

As a small business owner, I try to treat every prospective customer and existing customer like they're the most important person to me -- because without them I'm cooked. Look, I don't need my a** kissed, but would appreciate just a wee bit of service from a small business. Hopefully Patriots Arms will be just a little more accommodating, as I really prefer to do businesses with independent, local owners.

11earl, I follow their Twitter account and saw where they got a bunch of firearms in the last couple of days. These days that's a big deal. Northshore is a good shop and unfortunately not everyone gets the customer first rule. I'd give them the two stikes rule.....

lol very true. I always want to try driving down that little embankment in back to sneak thru the adjacent parking lots.

11earl, I follow their Twitter account and saw where they got a bunch of firearms in the last couple of days. These days that's a big deal. Northshore is a good shop and unfortunately not everyone gets the customer first rule. I'd give them the two stikes rule.....

Enzo - you make a reasonable point. Perhaps when I'm in the area again I'll give it one more attempt.

11earl. You should definitely try them again. They're extremely friendly and helpful. I purchased a couple guns from them and I couldn't be happier. Call and ask for Gary. You won't be disappointed.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

11earl. You should definitely try them again. They're extremely friendly and helpful. I purchased a couple guns from them and I couldn't be happier. Call and ask for Gary. You won't be disappointed.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Gforce thanks for taking the time to share your experience. I'll be happy to visit again and will share my experience once I do so.

Last edited:
I work across the street and have been in there many times. Every time I've been in there has been pleasant. Never any problems letting me handle guns.

Last edited:
I'm curious if they have a decent selection of gun magazines. I'm looking to buy mags for my Sig 228. I wish the shop showed pictures of accessories they have in stock and what their store email is. God I hope people can read this with the annoying advertisments. Why is this allowed over what people are trying to post rather than at the bottom of what is typed? Just saying....

Call them, the worst they're going to say is no, the best is "yes, and we'll hold them for you" two minutes of effort.

True, but since I work out of state and can only call on Fridays and Saturdays, it would have been nice if someone thought to put an email on their webpage so people could email as well. Four Seasons and Coin Collector's guns have one and it makes life easier for people that can't call from work and get home when the shop is closed.

I was in there as a total noob looking for reloading supplies. The owner spoke with me for a good 10 minutes and then proceeded to look something up online for me to explain the point he was making. There was a good amount of customers in the shop at the time, would of been easy for him to spend a couple of seconds and then kind of blow me off but he didnt.

Never had any issues there with people treating me like an a-hole. I'd definitely give them a second try.

In December '12 two days before Newtown I had reserved a a rifle, cash down and all, which accidentally got sold the Saturday after the shooting, much to my dismay. I needless to say was upset, so I spoke to the owner of the shop and he was very apologetic...sincerely. The following Friday he contacted me to tell me he had pulled some strings and got me the same rifle. I went to pick it up, no waiting in those long line (who could forget those lines!) and I was out of there faster than some poor fella just buying ammo. Since then I have been frequenting this place 1/week with no issues...staff is very helpful.

p.s. They have some pre-ban AK mags as of yesterday for all you AK enthusiasts.

I tarted to buy a sr1911 cmd twice from to different people on the
Website here.both flaked at the last second.
On a whim I stopped at northshore.They had one on the shelf
Cheaper than either one here.that is including the tax.
I use to avoid them but they have changed a lot.gun prices are same or cheaper
Than others around.

Yeah i know....1 box limit REALLY?.....i can go to wal-mart 5 minutes down rt.114 in danvers and buy 3 boxes!Every other shop has a 2 box limit. I won't even bother buying from Northshore ,not worth the gas driving there for 1 box.
my .02 cents

It's helpful info especially if you are interested in buying no more than (1) 50 count box of (nameless) .45 auto for $30.99 on a Friday night.

Had bad experience there....they had a giant dog running around the store knocking things over, thinking it had to belong there cause the dog had the run of the place.Unpleasant!!!!
customer was asking about a mini 14 and was told that they only shoot 223 rem when clearly they will shoot 5.56(just read the manual) If you are selling guns at retail prices, then it wouldn't hurt to learn a little something about what your selling.........they seem to treat people as fat wallet carrying cattle lately....i avoid them in past 6 months.

I have taken this shop off my list. They are rude, run a business like they are doing you a favor & offer nothing special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom