• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Northshore Firearms Middleton, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure of the timeline on it specifically, I wasn't ontop of the story like some people so to me the facebook post via the police and the news article were in the same time frame along with initial NSF posts on NES.

I'm not going to defend NSF's comments on NES.

Either way, I am going to wait on the real facts before I make a judgement.

Just to keep this factual, they posted here about their involvement on October 1st at 10:45am. The first news story that I saw that mentioned them by name came out the afternoon of October 3rd.

If NSF is reading this (and I suspect they may be,) I'll offer up some free advise:
Pull down the childish crap from your website, stop threatening to sue people, and apologize for prematurely commenting on an ongoing investigation before the facts were in. Once all the facts come out you may well be vindicated, and you can come back here and tell us all that you told us so, but until then you can only encourage further speculation and damage your store's reputation further.

And not for nothing, but hire someone who knows how to communicate. Nobody is great at every part of running a business and that's fine, but if something isn't your strong get someone else to do it.

As I've said before Mike Sr. Seems to take the knee jerk reaction with out much thought....this again is one of those's times. Can you imagine a first time customer not knowing what is going on. If I was I'd say what the **** and never enter the store...Mike Sr. Some advice. shut up for now you are only hurting yourself more.

Are you the ATF agent who was there all week?

I was there the Friday before the story broke.. they younger guy sitting behind the counter looked like he had seen a ghost and kept talking about how the ATF just left after an audit and they had been there all week. He was acting peculiar, but I just shrugged it off. looks like there was a reason for that.. I'd be acting peculiar too if I had just dropped a dime on a guy for just asking some questions.. It will be interesting to see if more facts come out and how the story plays out.

I could use a new crying towel. That's a deal.

I thought this was a joke - I can't believe the owner actually put this on his website. I guess those a few posts back that told me to stay away from this store were right. Too funny that NES is driving the owner to deface his own site.

I'm sure they just see it as standing up for themselves. It's kind of sad in any event.

Just to build on this post, when I see stuff like this going down (see also: HTP) I imagine what it would be like if my dad decided to open up a gun store and brought me in. He's a great guy who would give you the shirt off his back, but he's also has control freak tendencies, and would assume that he knows how to do everything as well, if not better than everybody else. And if he didn't he'd figure it out, particularly before paying someone else to handle it for him. Couple this with pride, and with the anxieties associated with having to maintain a retail shop that's ultimately your livelihood and probably the livelihoods of others, and things can get out of control pretty quickly. Especially when a situation pops up that puts the shop owner in the position of having to make a decision that, in their eyes, may or may not result in future liability. Worrying about what the local gun forum is going to say about your decision probably doesn't even register, but once it does damage control is everything. Sometimes that's tough for someone in that position to understand - pride and the stress of the situation can tend to get in the way.

NES is quick to jump on anybody in our community who makes a decision that we don't like or agree with (and after years and years of abuse and betrayal who can blame us?), but I think sometimes everyone's better off taking the education and (mutual) foregiveness route. Some business owners are beyond help (Steve Troy), and truly aren't on the side of 2A, but others are just good guys who get frustrated and lash out with poorly written missives that don't do anything but hurt themselves in a misguided, pride driven attempt at standing up for themselves. Trying to tank a family business that seems to ultimately support the gun owning community doesn't help anyone, so we'd probably do well to not get involved unless and until it became clear that the offense was something other than a misguided CYA attempt by a shop owner. That's only half of it though - the other half is that the shop owner needs to swallow his pride and realize his mistake, assuring the gun owning community that next time will be different.

Last edited:

You're right that was posted in the thread before NSF commented. I missed it.

So, NSF was most likely attempting to defend themselves from the information published about them, albeit in a very clumsy and poorly thought-out way. I still think they should pull down the crap and just say "Look, we made a mistake and commented on a news story when we should have waited until after the investigation was over and all the facts were available."

And on the other side of the coin, NESers should probably forgive them for their clumsy PR until this all plays out.

Last edited:
Only reason I ask when I first got my license I went there and felt like they were cold people . But after seeing me more and more I think they opened up lol go figure

They need to cafe press some crying towels ASAP. They'll make a few bucks.

I hope the person who did that comes forward. I will buy them anything they want.

il_570xN.451213868_19xk.jpg

COMING SOON!
A website where you can voice your concerns about firearm dealers who provide a disservice to the the firearms community.

Some Choice Examples :
A firearm shop in the North Shore area of Massachusetts recently provided a tip to the ATF that resulted in a 24 yr old student getting arrested!
Please stay tuned for future updates and information
Breaking news!
We are considering offering specialty items to paid members!

I hope the person who did that comes forward. I will buy them anything they want.

il_570xN.451213868_19xk.jpg

they finally put some effort into the website and this is what they come up with?

Once you get inside the hole it's time to stop digging...

Ok how is the a smart move for them as a business end ? It's a back and forth game and really think they are hurting themselves no ?

NSF didn't do it. [rofl][rofl2]

its linked from their website, they got hacked?

ooh i think i get it, they just put the phony address on their site and someone created it? effing classic...that person wins the internet today .
013.gif

Ok how is the a smart move for them as a business end ? It's a back and forth game and really think they are hurting themselves no ?

The NSF website crap is them trying to protect their ego and lashing out at a community who has voiced their displeasure with their actions. They already lost. They should have made a simple statement, not gotten into details, and not poke the bear.

- - - Updated - - -

its linked from their website, they got hacked?

They put a link on their front page to a website that didn't exist.

Someone decided to register that domain and create a website for it. No hacking or other illegal activities required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom