• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Now Beto O’Rourke Says He Will Buy Back Texans’ AR-15s

There's long been this tall tale of Texas as a gun-slinging freedom loving paradise. That is not and never has been the case. You guys up in MA and NE have had CCW years and years before Texas.

Add in the steady infiltration of people from failed states who only bring their failed policies with them, and the general dumbing down of people, ANNNNND the rapid expansion of BDC's (Bid Dump Cities) and its not looking good. The writing is on the wall. We've seen it for years.
Remember when TX went Constitutional Carry for handguns not long ago. It was all over the TV........I was at the barbershop and the lady who cuts hair there who is definately a lib, who I never let cut my hair...... was like OMG! Its going to be a war zone!

I leaned over and said.......Have you ever been to VT, ME, or NH? She's like yeah...we go up there alot........ I said....they've had the same gun carry law that Texas is proposing doing now for probably 10 years..........VT for probably forever. I don't remember seeing shootouts up there all the time, do you? If you felt unsafe about it, why would you go up there?

She had no clue what to say back.......other than.....oh, I didn't know that.

My barber just went on cutting my hair.....and whispered to me "your carrying now aren't ya?" I was like f*** yeah, Im always carrying.....he nearly pissed his pants.

My point here is TX was always advertised as the gun capital, but even we've had more freedoms in the northeast, than they have for a while, and without binding signage, in MA if you had a CCW.....you did too. That said....now.....TX is way better than MA obviously.

They did have open carry of long guns.......but also got plenty harrassed by LEO's for it too depending where they were in TX.

Last edited:
Texas seems to have caught up in a hurry, though. Despite the doom and gloom on the part of some people. Texas is shall issue for pistol permits. They've cut their class time from 16 to 8 hours. They've adopted Open Carry. Now, they've adopted Constitutional Carry. Before that, Rick Perry extended recognition of MA LTCs to Texas, so I could carry down there when I visit. Try that in MA with a Texas LTC and see what happens.

There are no magazine restrictions, approved firearms rosters. Self defense laws in TX are a lot better than MA.

There's long been this tall tale of Texas as a gun-slinging freedom loving paradise. That is not and never has been the case. You guys up in MA and NE have had CCW years and years before Texas.

Add in the steady infiltration of people from failed states who only bring their failed policies with them, and the general dumbing down of people, ANNNNND the rapid expansion of BDC's (Bid Dump Cities) and its not looking good. The writing is on the wall. We've seen it for years.

I guess you really trust your barber. I mention that only because I never confirm or deny whether or not I'm carrying. It's just better that way.

Of course, it's up to everyone to decide what they want to do.

My barber just went on cutting my hair.....and whispered to me "your carrying now aren't ya?" I was like f*** yeah, Im always carrying.....he nearly pissed his pants.

My point here is TX was always advertised as the gun capital, but even we've had more freedoms in the northeast, than they have for a while, and without binding signage, in MA if you had a CCW.....you did too. That said....now.....TX is way better than MA obviously.

They did have open carry of long guns.......but also got plenty harrassed by LEO's for it too depending where they were in TX.

There is binding signage for private property in Texas. Yeah Rob, it's horrible that property owner is allowed to control who does what on his private property. BTW, there are specific language and sign formatting laws in Texas. If the sign doesn't meet the requirements, it's not enforceable.
If a private property owner cannot have the police arrest someone who violates a condition of entry (dress code, no outside food or drink, etc.) and charged with a crime, it should no different for someone who is legally armed and peacefully leaves when asked. How about a binding signage law "anyone who violates any posted condition of entry is guilty of criminal trespass even if they leave when asked"? That would be a solution that does not single out armed status. The problem is not private property rights, but singing out guns for special treatment.

It will be interesting to see if the TX state house things change. They have been allowing it for permit holders - I wonder if they will continue to be so accommodating under constitutional carry.

And yup, I know about the verbiage/font/size requirement, as well as the requirement the sign be posted at every public entrance. I've seen small signs (about the side of a 8.5x11 sheet of paper) with the correct wording but exactly zero legal effect.

In Texas, it's a viable alternative to look your gun in your car if you're going into a place that is posted. You can even look it up ahead of time on Texas3006.com. There are actually more places that post 30.07 signs than 30.06 signs.

Even in Austin, there aren't that many signs and a lot of them are incorrectly formatted or placed. We ate at a place in the Domain on Thanksgiving. As I was leaving, I noticed a properly formatted sign, but it was placed behind the Hostess desk at the entrance at a floor level. Not conspicuous at all.

Then there are the gun silhouette with the circle and line through them. Cheap, but doesn't come close to legal. And of course you can be verbally informed of the prohibition by an employee, but I've never heard of that actually happening.

If a private property owner cannot have the police arrest someone who violates a condition of entry (dress code, no outside food or drink, etc.) and charged with a crime, it should no different for someone who is legally armed and peacefully leaves when asked. How about a binding signage law "anyone who violates any posted condition of entry is guilty of criminal trespass even if they leave when asked"? That would be a solution that does not single out armed status. The problem is not private property rights, but singing out guns for special treatment.

It will be interesting to see if the TX state house things change. They have been allowing it for permit holders - I wonder if they will continue to be so accommodating under constitutional carry.

And yup, I know about the verbiage/font/size requirement, as well as the requirement the sign be posted at every public entrance. I've seen small signs (about the side of a 8.5x11 sheet of paper) with the correct wording but exactly zero legal effect.

Does he get to keep the donations from e.g. Bloomberg, just for saying this crap out loud? Maybe he doesn't even want or expect to win, but if he can rake in millions just by running on this anti-gun stance, why not?

The shifting sands of Democrat gubernatorial candidate Beto O’Rourke’s gun control plans have solidified, for now, into a pledge to buy back AR-15s and AK-47s from Texans if the state legislature will support doing it.

O’Rourke spoke with Texas Tribune CEO Evan Smith on Saturday and KVUE reported O’Rourke’s comments.

Smith asked O’Rourke to clarify his position on confiscatory gun control.

O’Rourke stressed his belief that citizens should not be able to buy a AR-15s, then said: “And if I can find the consensus within the Legislature to have a law in the state of Texas that allows us to buy those AK-47s and AR-15s back, we will.”

He has been down this road many times before.

Continues...

He must be talking about a mandatory buy back program. Otherwise, he's assuming Texans will want to sell them back. Can't really see that.

Buy "back"? Back to who? Are the gun stores buying them back? Nonsensical stuff.

Have friends and family in Texas. They laugh and swear it'll never happen. But Austin and Houston are lost to the Libs. San Antonio just primary'd a Squad backed libtard over a moderate dem incumbent. Texas is flooded with illegals. If the major cities fall then the state will fall. I worry that it's only a matter of time.
I hate to say it, but it's a big reason I didn't retire there. Houston and Dallas are huge, mind blowing huge and gobbling up more and more real estate. You can drive for over an hour at 70+ mph and still be in the Houston Metro area when there is zero traffic. Boston takes maybe 20-30 minutes. New York takes a while, but it's more due to how the roads curve through that hell hole. It's hard to counter the electoral weight those 2 cities have.

Traffic has sucked in Houston for more than 10 years. Maybe it's a post Katrina thing. The last time I was there was, I think, 2016 for the NRA Show. Traffic sucked then too.

For that matter traffic sucks in Austin and on I-35 pretty much all the way from there to the DFW area.

Houston has always been sort of liberal area, at least in my experience. Austin has tilted from weird but not all that political all the way over to San Francisco bad. Outside of the city though, it's still pretty conservative. Overall the state is still pretty conservative.

I hate to say it, but it's a big reason I didn't retire there. Houston and Dallas are huge, mind blowing huge and gobbling up more and more real estate. You can drive for over an hour at 70+ mph and still be in the Houston Metro area when there is zero traffic. Boston takes maybe 20-30 minutes. New York takes a while, but it's more due to how the roads curve through that hell hole. It's hard to counter the electoral weight those 2 cities have.

Traffic has sucked in Houston for more than 10 years. Maybe it's a post Katrina thing. The last time I was there was, I think, 2016 for the NRA Show. Traffic sucked then too.

For that matter traffic sucks in Austin and on I-35 pretty much all the way from there to the DFW area.

Houston has always been sort of liberal area, at least in my experience. Austin has tilted from weird but not all that political all the way over to San Francisco bad. Outside of the city though, it's still pretty conservative. Overall the state is still pretty conservative.
I get the overall state being reasonable even if they lean democrat, but you have 2 of the largest cities in the country that slide pretty hard blue. It's like looking at the national election map, most of the US is solid red, but 5 population centers dictate who is president.

What was the break down in the 2020 Presidential? I can't remember off the top of my head and I'm too lazy to look it up.

It's also important to remember that the biggest voting block in the country is "independent." They decide elections. Well, when computers and voter fraud don't.

My daughter is closing on a condo in Austin tomorrow. She's pretty liberal, but is getting "red pilled" by my not liberal at all son. He's a number crunching machine and first taught her that the equity on apartment rent is zero. He then got her to understand what equity is and how you get it.

She was thrilled earlier this week when the lender did the final appraisal and she found out that she has $9K equity on a place she doesn't even own yet. She's even started to ask about what deductions she can take now that she's going to be a property owner. :)

She's getting red pilled bit by bit by the education my son is giving her.

I get the overall state being reasonable even if they lean democrat, but you have 2 of the largest cities in the country that slide pretty hard blue. It's like looking at the national election map, most of the US is solid red, but 5 population centers dictate who is president.

What was the break down in the 2020 Presidential? I can't remember off the top of my head and I'm too lazy to look it up.

It's also important to remember that the biggest voting block in the country is "independent." They decide elections. Well, when computers and voter fraud don't.

My daughter is closing on a condo in Austin tomorrow. She's pretty liberal, but is getting "red pilled" by my not liberal at all son. He's a number crunching machine and first taught her that the equity on apartment rent is zero. He then got her to understand what equity is and how you get it.

She was thrilled earlier this week when the lender did the final appraisal and she found out that she has $9K equity on a place she doesn't even own yet. She's even started to ask about what deductions she can take now that she's going to be a property owner. :)

She's getting red pilled bit by bit by the education my son is giving her.
That's what it takes, my wife rolls her eyes at me when I explain things to my 10-13 year olds in 'adult' terms. I did feel kind of bad when they asked about abortions that was the leading news that night, I explained the Virginia bill and the ramifications within it. My boy looked at me and said, those people are monsters. I don't disagree. I have not ever bought them a video game, they have to work for them based on how many hours I work to afford the game (generally and hour or two of labor if they both want the same game, daughter sometimes wants in on the deal). When I gave a 'drug awareness' class for the school, I told them straight up, drugs make you feel good, for a short time, then you start chasing the dragon you can never catch. The problem you are running from is still there, just waiting for you to come back down. Eventually, you lose your support, your job, and in some cases your life.

It might be tough love, but there's only 5 years left before my eldest can vote. I simply can't leave a gap in the line that would allow liberal mindset to sneak in.

If you are talking about the county breakdown, in 2020 Trump won 2,547 counties and Biden won 509. Biden pretty much only won the counties with large, Democrat leaning population centers. Here’s the map (red=Trump, blue=Biden):
2020_United_States_presidential_election_results_map_by_county.svg-2.png

I was talking about Texas specifically, but it's probably not much different.

If you are talking about the county breakdown, in 2020 Trump won 2,547 counties and Biden won 509. Biden pretty much only won the counties with large, Democrat leaning population centers. Here’s the map (red=Trump, blue=Biden):
View attachment 591537

Back
Top Bottom