• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NRA dues increase Aug 1

What do we get from the raised dues? More bloated bureaucracy? Or more effective impact on our 2A rights?

Went lifetime about a lifetime ago and endowment over a decade ago. Life was under $300 and I think endowment was $300 when I did it. the longer you wait the more it will cost. Now I just send the occasional donation to ILA if/when I feel like it.

I'm a Benefactor Life Member. I keep getting mailings for the Golden Eagles. I don't dislike the NRA just seems no one can ever give enough for them.

I'm a Benefactor Life Member. I keep getting mailings for the Golden Eagles. I don't dislike the NRA just seems no one can ever give enough for them.

I am an endowment life member and I received that golden eagle thing too. They want $200.00 annually for that. If they give me a really cool hat I might do it....lol

"What do you think Nance?
Can we count on the Cheapskates and Haters?..."

GetFile.aspx

The anti-2A organizations and lobby are mostly funded by billionaires like anti-2A Bloomberg and Soros. These organizations have relatively few members and try to influence voters by greatly outspending the NRA.

The NRA does not have billionaires funding them. The NRA gets most of their financial resources from members. While the NRA has 5-6 million members, polls consistently show that at least 30-50 million additional voters, gun owners and non g-owners, support and vote with the NRA. Their political clout comes from voters.

I’ve been benefactor level for a few years and just upgraded my son to the same last month. While I may not agree with everything they do, they are still fighting for our rights.

If you don’t like the NRA, then donate to SAF or GOA.

I have an NRA-ILA pullover jacket I always keep in my 4-runner. Its zips up into its own front pocket for storage. I needed it last night as I had no umbrella, etc. I walked into a brewery in Somerville and I think 3 heads exploded.

If you are not lifer by now, do not bother. You are not serious and you have no idea what is going on.
Spend your cash in Starbucks.
That's a total 'a$$hole' statement. Not everyone that wants to become a life member is able to do so. At one point, I was doing the payment method to get there, but then I got laid off so that shit had to stop. At the current rates to become a life member, it's more fiscally responsible to NOT do so. Last renewal, I went for the 5 year span. The rates would have to go up a bunch to make it more financially viable to go for a life membership. Especially since I'll be 50 when my current membership is due to renew. I'm reluctant to do a 'lifetime' membership to ANYTHING these days since who knows how long an organization will be around. Doesn't matter if they've been around for many years. Bad shit happens, organizations fold/dissolve and there's nothing to say that wouldn't/couldn't happen with the NRA.

Just having a membership is good. Even if you can't do the lifetime, or even a 5 year renewal when it's time again.

Wouldn't it be better for the NRA for members to be yearly, they make more money on it. As long as the members keep renewing. Getting a life membership usually means you won't be paying dues anymore. I got my life membership several years ago to save money for me, while keeping my membership. My wife's is yearly right now, will probably stay that way.

life membership gives them a quick financial shot.
Wouldn't it be better for the NRA for members to be yearly, they make more money on it.
I think you're only looking thru the little window.

the nra keeps lobbyists in Washington. considering the restrictions we deal with in Massachusetts which are mostly state invoked, they're doing a pretty good job on the national level. all the major restrictions I've encountered in my shooting lifetime come out of the ag's office. I certainly don't remember voting on any of this proposed legislation in the booth. you wake up one morning and it's in place.

I just got tired of the constant calls and the leaders not actually supporting the 2a. If they're gonna compromise they're not gonna get my money. I switched over to GOA because they actually support us.

I just got tired of the constant calls and the leaders not actually supporting the 2a. If they're gonna compromise they're not gonna get my money. I switched over to GOA because they actually support us.
I've yet to get any calls from the NRA, or any sub-orgs within them... I get the mailings from time to time (snail mail) and the occasional email. But not to the level that some people seem to get.

That's a total 'a$$hole' statement. Not everyone that wants to become a life member is able to do so. At one point, I was doing the payment method to get there, but then I got laid off so that shit had to stop. At the current rates to become a life member, it's more fiscally responsible to NOT do so. Last renewal, I went for the 5 year span. The rates would have to go up a bunch to make it more financially viable to go for a life membership. Especially since I'll be 50 when my current membership is due to renew. I'm reluctant to do a 'lifetime' membership to ANYTHING these days since who knows how long an organization will be around. Doesn't matter if they've been around for many years. Bad shit happens, organizations fold/dissolve and there's nothing to say that wouldn't/couldn't happen with the NRA.

Just having a membership is good. Even if you can't do the lifetime, or even a 5 year renewal when it's time again.

Whatever. I am lifer and I keep sending them every month. You can call me a$$hole but it has no merit. I came to this country with $20 and worked my butt all the time. I am lifer for few decades already! I got laid off many times and I do not feel I have to bring it up when it comes to $. You have your point of view and I respect it. Watch your language, though!

life membership gives them a quick financial shot.

I get that, and that is probably also why the timing on the increase of dues and why they are giving the heads up letting people renew early and get the discount. But if every annual member became a lifer tomorrow at a significant discount, they would get that shot, but future renewals would be non existent taking a big hit on future income.

I get that, and that is probably also why the timing on the increase of dues and why they are giving the heads up letting people renew early and get the discount. But if every annual member became a lifer tomorrow at a significant discount, they would get that shot, but future renewals would be non existent taking a big hit on future income.

NRA is our organization and it is under attack from libs. I contribute and I increase contributions when they are under attack. Membership $ alone can't make the real difference. I am fortunate that I do not have to dig deep to contribute.

Went lifetime about a lifetime ago and endowment over a decade ago. Life was under $300 and I think endowment was $300 when I did it. the longer you wait the more it will cost. Now I just send the occasional donation to ILA if/when I feel like it.
Ditto, sign up for the Life membership and then no more complaints.

OK. Aside from all the discussion about the NRA, this thread is really about renewals and costs of renewals.

I did a quick bit of looking around and also called their renewal # 855-NRA-2018.

This is what I found (This is simply for informational purposes for those looking to renew):

I am not interested in getting into debates or banter about; the costs, where the money goes, how much the NRA does or doesn't do, what color underwear you mom wears, etc., etc. etc.

1.)
As stated, the dues are supposed to go up on 8/01/2018 as follows:
This is according to a mailing that I got this week from the NRA:

$45 / 1-year
$75 / 2-years
$100 / 3-years
$150 / 5-years
$1500.00 / lifetime

2.)
The rates are currently at the following costs until 7/31/18 (This is from the same mailing that I got this week)

I think you have to call this number to get the below pricing: 855-NRA-2018.

$35 / 1-year
$60 / 2-years
$85 / 3-years
$125 / 5-years
$600 / lifetime
(with the option to lock-in the lifetime by doing $25 now + $25/month until you pay off the $600.00 total. They also have a knife-gift for that deal)

3.) This is the main NRA "RENEWAL MEMBERSHIP WEBSITE" that currently lists the renewal costs (and has the portal for renewal online) as follows:

LINK: Enable browser cookies

$40 / 1-year
$75 / 2-years
$100 / 3-years
$140 / 5-years
$1500.00 / lifetime

4.)
The below is from the NRA "NEW MEMBER WEBSITE LINK". I spoke to someone at the 855 number and they stated that you can (even with a current membership that is expiring soon), join through this portal under it's listed pricing:

LINK: Enable browser cookies

$30 / 1-year
$60 / 2-years
$75 / 3-years
$100 / 5-years

NRA is our organization and it is under attack from libs. I contribute and I increase contributions when they are under attack. Membership $ alone can't make the real difference. I am fortunate that I do not have to dig deep to contribute.

My point was that I believe "most" members will go life and then never contribute again. I know this isn't all, and obviously not you or a lot of the members here, but I think that in the long run that strategy would hurt their financials. Maybe they only care about the short game right now, but I wonder what their bean counters are telling them about this strategy for the long game. In my personal opinion, I don't think they can count on the majority of members upping their memberships above life or giving more money after they invested in life membership.

I've yet to get any calls from the NRA, or any sub-orgs within them... I get the mailings from time to time (snail mail) and the occasional email. But not to the level that some people seem to get.
I'm getting about 3 or 4 calls/week soliciting donations or membership renewal.

Back
Top Bottom