• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NY AG dissolve the NRA Lawsuit?

Wait, I thought NES was boycotting NRA.

I thought Wayne was persona non grata around here?

Do we have an updated boycott list and who is in charge of it?
Exactly! For long time, on here, we bitching about Wayne and how some say will not give any more money to NRA unless and until he is gone.

Now, someone doing something about it.

But, some of us will still bitch. But we are now getting what we deserve: slap down of bad corrupt NRA.

No matter who is doing the beat down, or why, at least it is being addressed.

But still, we will bitch. Because a woman is doing it. Because a Black woman is doing it. And because a Black woman is more powerful than us.

Thanks

most of the larger "charities" and "non-profits" need to be made to pay taxes, including larger universities.

Most states have rules for charities, she may not be wrong here, especially if its blatant personal use. The only problem I have is that laws are being applied selectively.

Exactly! For long time, on here, we bitching about Wayne and how some say will not give any more money to NRA unless and until he is gone.

But, some of us will still bitch. But we are now getting what we deserve: slap down of bad corrupt NRA.

But still, we will bitch. Because a woman is doing it. Because a Black woman is doing it. And because a Black woman is more powerful than us.

Thanks

Way to jump to ridiculous conclusions.

This is a political move from an AG, nothing more, as evidenced by the fact that she's not going after other groups. And given her past actions and statements, of course.

We can talk about fixing the NRA ourselves. That's one thing. It's quite another thing for the government to attack and try to dismantle the NRA for political purposes. Not sure how you missed the difference but assuming that NES is full of sexists and racists is pretty shitty of you.

I don’t trust NY state as far as I can throw it. I’ll be watching this carefully. I want to see their evidence.

is this case going to be done on twitter or will it be heard in the courts?

in case that you may have not noticed, we don't have rule of law, only popular mob rule which was made even more obvious during the Pink Floyd riots.

Also, this may just revoke NRA's status to operate in NY state. For little people there are a whole lot of rules how non-profits need to operate. So yes, when is Trump going after Clinton foundation?

Looks like there is at least some basis here. NRA is incorporated in NY so the state has standing. If they violated non-profit laws she can get away with this.

Thanks
Has nothing to do with wayno. Her goal is to get rid of the NRA. Just using him as an excuse. Read between the lines.

The problem we gave as gun owners with the NRA is they're like a hydra and each head does its own thing.

The NRA invented gun safety, their training and outreach programs are great, then you have their insurance organization who keeps us shooting, and then you have the ILA and Wayne....

Food for thought though- what happens to MA licensing when the NRA is gone? Who does your safety certificate?

Thanks

Project much?

She's talking about taking down the entire NRA, not just Wayne.
I realize that, but if he was spending lavishly on himself, that does not benefit NRA members and jeopardized the whole operation. How many other states will follow NY’s lead?

De Blasio admits city skipped permit process to paint Black Lives Matter murals

She going after the Mayor next? Glad to see she is so concerned about the membership's dues.

In the past years, the two high profile suits filed were against Trump and now the NRA. NY City has no other issues to deal with these days?

Did I miss the suit against this organization?

Sharpton is President and CEO of the National Action Network (NAN) ??? Doesn't pay his taxes and gets numerous White House dinner invites.

Rev. Al Sharpton received more than $1 million from the National Action Network (NAN) in 2018, tax filings reportedly show.

Sharpton was paid $1,046,948 by the non-profit, and he also got ‘a $324,000 salary — 32% higher than his 2017 pay — in addition to a $159,596 bonus and $563,352 in ‘other compensation.’

They should prosecute criminal fraud if it is provable for the individuals involved. But dissolving the whole company would get into the area of depriving people of first ammendment rights. It's a gray area. If a non-profit is corrupt from top to bottom, getting rid of some of the officers might not do anything. But in this case, it's extremely politically charged, and there's no benefit of the doubt that the AG is acting in good faith. Just like when Trump pulls some stunt like firing inspectors in the justice dept.

Thanks
Oh....it's RACIST! WTF does race have to do with it????

Has nothing to do with wayno. Her goal is to get rid of the NRA. Just using him as an excuse. Read between the lines.
But it's "RACISTS" that are think this blatant anti 2nd Am power grab is nothing but an attempt to negate the 2nd Am.
When the NRA is gone, are you asswipes going to be proud of yourselves, while turning in your guns like Australia? Better make sure you're wearing your spit rag..."It's the LAW"!

Back
Top Bottom