• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Obama Assault Weapon Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I am no political aficionado, what would a new AWB really mean?

everything you currently own in regards to semi auto sporting rifles will now be completely illegal, non transferable, and non grandfathered, think of the 94 ban ramped up 10x. they screwed the pooch the first time by not going "far enough" they wont make that mistake twice

Your AR would be worth a fortune

"Send it" like chinalfr from my can attached to a string from another can in the lair of the dark lord kramdar.

As of right now? A bunch of a**h***s driving the cost up on everything in the industry.

Ok than. [laugh]

I better get building than.

- - - Updated - - -

everything you currently own in regards to semi auto sporting rifles will now be completely illegal, non transferable, and non grandfathered, think of the 94 ban ramped up 10x. they screwed the pooch the first time by not going "far enough" they wont make that mistake twice

That's pretty much what I figured. Thanks.

Everything would be illegal though? How would that work? They obviously aren't going to go house to house.

Mitt said the gun owners of Massachusetts helped craft and were in full support of the AWB in this state he signed. So...yay us? Wait, what?

bait-and-switch.jpg

Yea, Obama makes me feel so much in step with the constitution! GTFOH

So, not just guns moving forward would be illegal, but everything currently in each one of our safes would now be illegal as well?

Since I am no political aficionado, what would a new AWB really mean?

It would depend on what features they ban. High capacity magazines (11 or more rounds), Colapasibe Stocks, Flash Surpressor, Bayonet Lug. Who knows, they could even limit the ammount of ammo that you could purchase at one time.

I was just curious.

We all heard Obama say "I want to re instate the AWB"

So, I am just curious what it could mean this time around.

It ain't gonna happen!

Sorry, but I refuse to believe that we'll see an AWB at the Federal level regardless of which ass clown ends up in the WH. That ship has sailed, and there are too many groups fighting against shit like this.

Now ammo shortages, crazy gun prices, all that crap...we'll know in 3 weeks.

I was just curious.

We all heard Obama say "I want to re instate the AWB"

So, I am just curious what it could mean this time around.

It means whatever he could get to his desk, he would sign. A complete ban, with forfeiture, only allowing a narrow range of caliber and gauge and nothing but single shot .....TO........banning what has already been effectively banned by the BATFE for years.

Whatever congress can get to him he would sign.

It ain't gonna happen!

Sorry, but I refuse to believe that we'll see an AWB at the Federal level regardless of which ass clown ends up in the WH. That ship has sailed, and there are too many groups fighting against shit like this.

Now ammo shortages, crazy gun prices, all that crap...we'll know in 3 weeks.

This. People need to relax with the hysteria.

What's great is that after everyone runs out and buys ARs/AKs and then nothing happens, lots of us are going to be able to scoop up some killer buyer's regret bargains.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk 2

I don't think either of them are going to fight the awb. It's a losing fight just like the war on drugs.

OK - I think the thing to do is to drive the definition of Assault Weapon, which is an ersatz term anyway. If we can get it defined as a car driven dangerously or under the influence, that'll take much of the Kennedy clan off the road.

What's great is that after everyone runs out and buys ARs/AKs and then nothing happens, lots of us are going to be able to scoop up some killer buyer's regret bargains.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk 2

LOL ! - so funny you said that's exactly what I was thinking haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom