Obama to sell guns to Vietnam hillery to take guns from Americans.

Vietnam's VietJet to buy 100 Boeing planes for $11.3 billion

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-vietjet-boeing-idUSKCN0YE0C1

vietnams-vietjet-to-buy-100-boeing-plane

0Blvx.gif

Now it makes sense. We agree to sell them weapons and they agree to buy commercial jets.

At least the bribery is open and transparent this time.

Your point is what, exactly?

He has lifted the arms embargo, which is clearly in preparation for selling weapons to Vietnam. Just what will be sold remains to be seen, but my guess is that any such sale won't be terribly large, won't significantly alter the balance of power in the area, and won't, in any way threaten the US presence in the area. What it will do is add a little bit of balance against China, which is a good thing.

This is Realpolitik.

Little to no balance. The a bit of balance against China theory, is like theorizing that one should bring a go cart to the Indy 500.

The article misses the point of modern carriers. They are not meant to fight WWIII. They wouldn't last a week off the coast of Russia (anyone else use to play Harpoon?). They are for bombing mud huts and making a show of force.

Actually carriers are becoming more popular, not less. With the F-35B coming soon even Australia, South Korea and Spain are planning on having carrier groups.

I suppose if journalist actually reported the facts they'd get a lot less clicks.

lets look at this practically. Is some soldier from Vietnam gonna show up in Hawaii and start shooting? No.

Is some soldier from Vietnam gonna give the Chinese a bunch of shit at the border and in the gulf of tonkin? Hell yeah!

the enemy of my enemy, is my friend

With each passing day, and each passing news story, am I the only one here who's getting a little less worried that the lovely Mrs. C is ever gonna be taking anything from me (other than maybe a contribution to her Go-Fund-Me page for her bail and attorneys fees)??

Just sayin' [wink]

With each passing day, and each passing news story, am I the only one here who's getting a little less worried that the lovely Mrs. C is ever gonna be taking anything from me (other than maybe a contribution to her Go-Fund-Me page for her bail and attorneys fees)??

Just sayin' [wink]

It is great! But we still have too many Crying Bakers. He just announced that he will vote in presidential elections but he will not vote for the president.

First, they tried to confuse us with the gender, than with bathrooms and now they want us to participate in presidential elections but not to vote for a president. This is their winning strategy![wink]

Time to clean The House!

The article misses the point of modern carriers. They are not meant to fight WWIII. They wouldn't last a week off the coast of Russia (anyone else use to play Harpoon?). They are for bombing mud huts and making a show of force.

Actually carriers are becoming more popular, not less. With the F-35B coming soon even Australia, South Korea and Spain are planning on having carrier groups.

I suppose if journalist actually reported the facts they'd get a lot less clicks.

I am glad you cleared this issue for me. When it comes to our military I remain to be confused and puzzled.

Back
Top Bottom