Obama to sell guns to Vietnam hillery to take guns from Americans.

They got history with the Chinese . . . We got history with the Vietnamese, . . . We will be having history with the Chinese , before we have history again with the Vietnamese ! . . .and the circle is complete ! ( check out some vids. of the borders fights between the Viets and the Chicoms from both sides of the issues) beaucoup bad blood ! ! ! [pot] . . . Still , Obama, ? nnaaaahhhh !
About a year ago things looked they would go hot between Vietnam and China. I'm assuming China is still playing their games with Vietnamese fishing boats, it's just not making the papers here. My girl lives in Hue and I'm pretty damn concerned what goes on between Vietnam and China. We made friends with Germany and Japan pretty quickly, we certainly didn't wait forty years.

I have seen that. I also see that us tangling ass with China is a terrible idea that will not end well for us.
Keep in mind what has kept the USA on top for the last 200+ years.
STRENGTH.

We must use our strength against a bully, nothing more.
Keep in mind also that China wants a war with the USA even less than we do with them, they would lose their #1 customers...

Obama is just continuing to visit his heroes (look to the background).

president-barack-obama-shakes-hands-with-vietnamese-president-tran-picture-id533632200

While the current administration systematically ruins our foreign assets and relations, we are being distracted by debates about gender-bathroom-equality.

Let me get this straight. I am paying my taxes and attending local meetings so I can own the guns the O bitch wants to sell to Vietnam.

The US has always demonstrated they will work with anyone. Even those who killed 50,000 Americans 40 years ago. The Taliban will become an ally in a couple of decades.
How many years before trading with a former enemy who killed Americans is acceptable in your mind?

If the answer is never, then how do you feel about the US trading with Japan, Germany, Italy and England?

my only question is at what year mark do we draw the line? 75 years ago Japanese and Germans killed over 400k Americans.

How many years before trading with a former enemy who killed Americans is acceptable in your mind?

If the answer is never, then how do you feel about the US trading with Japan, Germany, Italy and England?

The US controlled or had influence over the development of these countries. The people running Vietnam now are the same ones that sent the GIs back in a body bag. It's obvious that it's an enemy of my enemy game here and the US wants to stir things up by arming Vietnam, but still find it very distasteful. Sometimes it's okay to not sell or give away arms to every country or "moderate muslim" that ask for it.

Is Vietnam paying or is the American taxpayer?

So far, there has been no mention of restarting failed SEATO (NATO for Southeast Asia). IMO, good.

Just give it a little time.[thinking]

Your point is what, exactly?

He has lifted the arms embargo, which is clearly in preparation for selling weapons to Vietnam. Just what will be sold remains to be seen, but my guess is that any such sale won't be terribly large, won't significantly alter the balance of power in the area, and won't, in any way threaten the US presence in the area. What it will do is add a little bit of balance against China, which is a good thing.

This is Realpolitik.

What is your point? Does Obama represent us well? Yes? Go and write 100x: IRAN DEAL, IRAN DEAL.....Worry about that.

I'm shocked they even want our arms, they proved like nobody that our stuff is overrated, expensive and maintenance queens.

I'm shocked they even want our arms, they proved like nobody that our stuff is overrated, expensive and maintenance queens.

When I was in the communist army we were training Vietnamese and shipping them everything possible. They were our comrades in arms. In exchange they were shipping us their young to slave in mines.

WGAF? Why is everyone so butt-hurt about this? It's not like we have the best history in dealing with other evil countries. We still do business with Saudi Arabia and many others that oppress their own citizens. I say, 'eff it...as long as American companies make money...who cares."

Either that or we stop doing business with any country that violates human rights.

obama says arms are bad for the American population.

sells guns to everybody from Mexicans to Libyans, Syrians, and now commie vietnam.

the message is twisted.

WGAF? Why is everyone so butt-hurt about this? It's not like we have the best history in dealing with other evil countries....

Yep. We reequipped the former Axis powers with fighter jets less than 15 years after the end of WWII. Why? Because we shared a common enemy. That's the same reason why we're willing to sell to Vietnam now.

If we decide we care about human rights, and stop selling weapons to non-democracies and put tariffs on the imports from totalitarian states I'd be all for it. Until then, selling weapons to Vietnam is one of the least unethical things our beloved government does.

Making a few bucks and pissing off the Chinese is a win-win.

China's economy is completely dependent on America. We can survive without China they can not survive without us. In my opinion their economy is one big Ponzi Scheme. The empty cities they built were to make economic growth seem greater than it was. All Ponzi Schemes eventually come to an end.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

MOSCOW—U.S. President Barack Obama’s announced lifting of a decades-old arms embargo against Vietnam is raising eyebrows not only in China, where a dispute with Hanoi in the South China Sea inflames military tensions, but also in Russia.
Russia has long been Hanoi’s top weapons supplier. But, that dominance will slowly be eroded as the market is opened and U.S. arms dealers begin to seize the opportunity.
‘It will ultimately undermine Russian dominance in the Vietnamese market, but is unlikely to have a quick effect,” said Alexander Gabuev, chairman of the Russia-Asia Pacific program at the Carnegie Moscow Center, in e-mailed comments to VOA.
“The market environment will be more competitive, but Russia has a strong position in terms of value-for-money of its systems, the Vietnamese military's long-standing ties to Russian producers and the need to train personnel. A lot will depend on whether the U.S. government will support possible sales of American systems, and what the position of the next government will be."
The U.S. ban on lethal weapons supplies to Vietnam was lifted after non-lethal arms sales were eased in 2014. However, all sales still have to meet U.S. government approval.

“I wouldn't expect a sudden surge in US arms exports to Vietnam as the inertia in the sphere of arms procurement is very strong,” said Anton Tsvetov, a researcher at the Russian International Affairs Council (RIAC), in e-mailed replies to VOA.
“Russia," he added, "is likely to retain its dominance on the Vietnamese arms market in most of the high-value sectors, such as fighter jets, combat ships and missile defense systems, at least for the decade to come. The U.S., however, may occupy certain niches, including maritime surveillance and reconnaissance."

Yep. We reequipped the former Axis powers with fighter jets less than 15 years after the end of WWII. Why? Because we shared a common enemy. That's the same reason why we're willing to sell to Vietnam now.

If we decide we care about human rights, and stop selling weapons to non-democracies and put tariffs on the imports from totalitarian states I'd be all for it. Until then, selling weapons to Vietnam is one of the least unethical things our beloved government does.

Making a few bucks and pissing off the Chinese is a win-win.

In my opinion we will not piss off anybody. It is another useless Cuba type Obama deal. China and Russia are pissed already.

Back
Top Bottom