• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Official NES Cast Bullets Seminar

In the time it takes to watch a crappy show on TV

Last night was nice and cool , no wind. Decided to get rid of a partial bucket of nasty batch of wheel weights.

Lots of junk in this and it sat full of water for a long time....nasty.

Doing it when it's cool and little wind the smoke goes straight up and less chances of the smell blowing into your neighbors open window...
Picture is prep I actually do all my smelting at night either under the out door light or by flash light...

About 25# of nice wheel weight alloy. This is good for 90% of my needs.

Very cool and good job. With cooler weather coming on I have to make some time for smelting. I have buckets of wheel weights and range lead and a pile of pipes, flashing, divers weights etc. Time to make some ingots.

Rendered some pewter into less space wasting shapes.

Also to any new casters I have had another bucket of nastiness dropped off....much like in my previous post. free for the taking its about 1/2 bucket of Wheel Weights unknown composition...

Last edited:
Wow only 9 people on the attendee list so far? I'm surprised there isn't more interest. This seminar is FULL of very interesting and useful information. And even still it's a great day hanging out with people of similar interest. It's still too far out for me to commit but as of now I'm still in.

I dropped off flyers at shooting supply and also posted this on the castboolits site.

For anyone reading that reloads this is a great chance to shoot for way less.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. Most of what you hear about cast bullets is probably wrong.
They are accurate. Don't lead your guns and don't hurt them in anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dropped off flyers at shooting supply and also posted this on the castboolits site.

For anyone reading that reloads this is a great chance to shoot for way less.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. Most of what you hear about cast bullets is probably wrong.
They are accurate. Don't lead your guns and don't hurt them in anyway.

Also to add ..... you can bring a somewhat worn rifle back to shooting glory.
I have a mosin that Will shoot about 7moa on a good day with .312" jacketed bullets BUT I can get down to under 3moa with .315" cast loads. The bore slugs out at just under .314"

Rendered some pewter into less space wasting shapes.

Also to any new casters I have had another bucket of nastiness dropped off....much like in my previous post. free for the taking its about 1/2 bucket of Wheel Weights unknown composition...

The bucketOnasty is claimed.... welcome to the smelt mountain.
This bucket is as it was recieved. I have old timer who drops off random buckets. All are always full of debris and water and look as if they have been sitting behind a auto shop for years.
In return I give him all the pistol brass I find like 44mag 45LC and the likes.
I will post picture of what your in for mountain..... as you can see from my previous post there is lead in that mess.

Also to add ..... you can bring a somewhat worn rifle back to shooting glory.
I have a mosin that Will shoot about 7moa on a good day with .312" jacketed bullets BUT I can get down to under 3moa with .315" cast loads. The bore slugs out at just under .314"

Very good point.
Lots of versatility with casting. I've learned more about reloading and guns in general since I've started casting than all my time before.
Can't beat casting.

here you go mountain....

In the world of getting free lead it's not always sorted or kept clean.
I get 4 - 5 of these buckets each year. They magically appear in my driveway randomly.
I assure you there's lead in them der buckets.
I also have some "clean" lead for you and the seminar to play with...

So here is the Deal!!! Anyone attending the casting seminar will have their choice of one of these coins. I have enough of the "Molon Labe" and the "2nd Amendment" as of this moment and I am expecting the "Don't Tread On Me" soon. Mike can you get a hold of Anthony and have him tell me what coin he likes, Please.

20160929_151229.jpg 20161003_140706.jpg

Thanks Bill!
I wonder if Derek would put this up as a banner on the website?

Spangler ......I will give those wads I mentioned to Mountain....few hundred Winchesters, I think I have some "pink" downrange wads also..somewhere

I should check the forum more often, especially with how quickly this is coming.

I don't know why it took me so long, but I realized it's the first Saturday of bow season..,. Doh.

Here is a bit more for you guys at the seminar.... I will give this to mountain next weekend you guys can do what you wish.

I don't know the alloy it feels soft with the fingernail test. Some is labeled FL my guess is flashing? a few are labeled SOW- stick on wheel weights?

Last edited:
I just picked on up from shooting supply.
I'll bring it to the seminar and maybe mountain can bring some bullets back for you to try.

just noticed i'm still on the 'attending' list...unfortunately that is not the case.

the USMC is sending me to the field from the 19th to the 22nd this month, and I won't be able to make it. if anyone wants to come pick up a bucket of wheel weights i have at my house in Worcester before the seminar, PM me and we'll make it happen.

thanks guys...really pissed i can't make it. if theres a next time and the green weenie doesn't have my number that weekend, count me in!

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom