• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Official NES Cast Bullets Seminar

Hey guys I'm going to have to back out of this seminar this time around. A good friend I don't see enough invited me to spend the day with him at the gun club shooting steel.

I just sent a pm to asp for instructions on payment. Also for location of seminar. Thanks. Really looking forward to this event. Very interested in 38 special and 45 acp

Hey ZMD.
I have moulds for the 38 and the 45 and slugs cast of pure so we can slug the bores.

I'll try to remember my 360 round ball mould. They're fun when you load 2 in a 38 special case and put 12 holes in a target with 6 shots.
Really makes people wonder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey ZMD.
I have moulds for the 38 and the 45 and slugs cast of pure so we can slug the bores.

I'll try to remember my 360 round ball mould. They're fun when you load 2 in a 38 special case and put 12 holes in a target with 6 shots.
Really makes people wonder.

LOL, would like to try that on one of my range buds.

Looks like I'll be hauling donated lead from mac1911. I think he'll try some of those cast .223's in case there's a chance to mold some. I'll either bring them to the November Pembroke JCG match or will mail.

Wish list for me, in order of preference:
.308 cal, lever gun compatible like the ranch dog mold, gas checked, somewhere in the neighborhood of 160 - 170 grains.
I will bring my Finn M39 to slug- 7.62mm. Something to fit this would be great. Maybe same as above if M39 bore is tight enough?
.45 ACP for 1911's
.44 mag / special
10mm (.40 cal) for Delta Elite 1911
.357 mag / .38 special for revolver- I like HBWC's for the .38's but anything good for paper punching and plinking is good.

I'd be happy with any of the above. If I can find the right mold for the .308 lever (.307 Winchester), I may bring it, otherwise happy to try whatever is available.

Looks like I'll be hauling donated lead from mac1911. I think he'll try some of those cast .223's in case there's a chance to mold some. I'll either bring them to the November Pembroke JCG match or will mail.

.308 cal, lever gun compatible like the ranch dog mold, gas checked, somewhere in the neighborhood of 160 - 170 grains.
I will bring my Finn M39 to slug- 7.62mm. Something to fit this would be great. Maybe same as above if M39 bore is tight enough?
.45 ACP for 1911's
.44 mag / special
10mm (.40 cal) for Delta Elite 1911
.357 mag / .38 special for revolver- I like HBWC's for the .38's but anything good for paper punching and plinking is good.

I'd be happy with any of the above. If I can find the right mold for the .308 lever (.307 Winchester), I may bring it, otherwise happy to try whatever is available.
I think I got a handful of the 160 ranch dog tumble lube design handy I will toss them in the bucket also...

I bought my mold from ranchdog before he stopped producing.... NOE molds now carries on the designs and manufacture. this is what I have http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/product_info.php?cPath=71_75&products_id=367 I have the 6 cavity aluminium "lee" style mold. Its on loan at the moment but don't expect it back for some time.

Last edited:

.308 cal, lever gun compatible like the ranch dog mold, gas checked, somewhere in the neighborhood of 160 - 170 grains. I think ASP has this covered
I will bring my Finn M39 to slug- 7.62mm. Something to fit this would be great. Maybe same as above if M39 bore is tight enough?my 311365 should cover this up to about 313 or so
.45 ACP for 1911's MP 454-200 HP
.44 mag / special 429421
10mm (.40 cal) for Delta Elite 1911401638
.357 mag / .38 special for revolver- I like HBWC's for the .38's but anything good for paper punching and plinking is good.i have a couple options. nothing hollow base though

should cover most of your needs

OK Mike and Anthony. Here is what I have to help out I have for the day I have my Bullet molds, 2 lead pots 2 ingot molds. Some Work gloves. I will see it I can find some spare eye wear.
For door prize 2 of the Tappers and a Lee Lead test stand will be shipped the weekend to me, and Entrant stuff I have the coins and these.

20161012_104102.jpg

OK Mike and Anthony. Here is what I have to help out I have for the day I have my Bullet molds, 2 lead pots 2 ingot molds. Some Work gloves. I will see it I can find some spare eye wear.
For door prize 2 of the Tappers and a Lee Lead test stand will be shipped the weekend to me, and Entrant stuff I have the coins and these.

View attachment 179378

Bill you are the man. How are you doing on wheel weights?

I have a bucket full I haven't even started on yet. I have been busy doing other things lately. I made the bracket for the light on lead test stand today. I have been working on Mosin Bent bolt handles too. I also just about finished another two Projects, but You and Anthony will have to wait until the 22nd to see those!!! [smile]

1a.jpg 20161011_144050.jpg 20161011_165634.jpg

I have the bucket of wheel weights and misc 'ingots' from mac1911, picked them up at the Pembroke Garand / Vintage match today. That bucket was my best score of the match, LOL. I'll bring to the casting seminar for the group's use. We'll need to sort out some zinc and or steel wheel weights.

Also have a bag of shotgun wads from mac for Spangler.

If it delivers on time, I have a Ranch Dog mold w/ hollow point pins for .308. Welcome for the group to use if it delivers soon enough. Looking forward to it...

Awesome Mountain.
I hear the RD moulds are awesome!
I'm going to have a 10 cavity H&G 50 to play with too. If anyone feels like getting a serious workout they can use that thing to cast some bullets.
I think it weighs as much as a Volkswagen.

ASP is going to PM everyone tomorrow.

Loaded up a ton of stuff to bring to his house today. Should be a great seminar next week!

No thanks Bill. I brought some to ASP's place today. Should be good to go sir.

PM Sent to all attendees.

Bando_Red - if you're still interested, shoot me a PM. Your inbox is full.

Madatmarek - I assume you can get the info to pack'n hk? I couldn't find his handle anywhere to include him on the PM.

Thanks to all who've donated or said they would help in some way. This should be a pretty fun day.

my offer is still open if anyone wants to come pick up the bucket of wheel weights i have in my back yard in Worcester. i'll even carry them out front for you so you can just grab them if you don't want to interact. i'm right next to umass campus. any takers, PM me.

my offer is still open if anyone wants to come pick up the bucket of wheel weights i have in my back yard in Worcester. i'll even carry them out front for you so you can just grab them if you don't want to interact. i'm right next to umass campus. any takers, PM me.

I'll be 15 minutes away... The day after the seminar. [laugh] The offer is much appreciated.

Thanks, I will PM for pickup info. I work in Worcester and live nearby. What's another bucket of lead for the cause?

I needed 6.5mm sizing dies in .265 and .268 most companies do not sell them. So I decide to make them myself. I took .243 dies I had one .268 drilled by the machine shop and after seeing how it was done I did thew .265 myself. when I ran a couple of bullets through them they came out great!!! I well have these at the seminar.

20161018_113950.jpg 14650495_10211213003263597_977024782729330690_n.jpg 20161018_113846.jpg 20161018_131144.jpg 20161018_131257.jpg 20161018_115553.jpg

Maybe it just feels that way on my back but seems like I have ~100 lbs of wheel weights and misc lead from mac1911 and Dakar652. Thanks guys!

Besides bullets I'd like to bring home some properly alloyed ingots too. Gofundme for my back surgery to follow.

Bringing my M39 Finn Mosin 7.62x54R to slug. Everything else known calibers. Edit- may as well bring M44 too.

Mac1911 gave me some great looking finished bullets in .310". Should I size these down a thou for .308 Winchester or a new .30-06 barrel?

Last edited:
Maybe it just feels that way on my back but seems like I have ~100 lbs of wheel weights and misc lead from mac1911 and Dakar652. Thanks guys!

Besides bullets I'd like to bring home some properly alloyed ingots too. Gofundme for my back surgery to follow.

Bringing my M39 Finn Mosin 7.62x54R to slug. Everything else known calibers. Edit- may as well bring M44 too.

Mac1911 gave me some great looking finished bullets in .310". Should I size these down a thou for .308 Winchester or a new .30-06 barrel?

I run those .310s in a new criterion barrel...
Actually size has so many little factors. From hardness to throat size and velocity.... crazy.
I shoot mostly Clip on wheel weight alloy with a bit of tin added just to help the bullets fill out a little better.

As for the lead i gave you. I trust the markings on them from the guy I recieved them from. not all are marked though. Im pretty sure thats all soft lead. Flashing and Stick on wheel weights... Not sure how much lead weel whieghts you will get from that bucket... last bucket same supplier I got about 70% ?

Back
Top Bottom