• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

OK, now I get it. All this "Buy a GLOCK" talk is like snipe hunting!!! What a POS

As for limp wristing.... very possible. I shoot heavy snub revolvers with a nice loose grip. Maybe I've been shooting wheel guns so long long I broke my GLOCK GRIPPER! *S* LOL

Mike, It''s not even getting into the bore. The cartridge seems to faill to go up the ramp into the barrel. That's another reason I thinnk it's a lenght thing......

But those posts on google about problems with 115 grain ammo, and that fact that 20 rounds of 147 WWB HP worked fine, is a tip off.

Far more likely I don't hold it right. I grip my little snubbies pretty good. I never thought of myself as a limp wrister before. Maybe!!![smile]

So if the next round isn't making it up into the chamber... it's either the ammo (OAL is too long, or it's seriously under-powered)... or you're limp wristing and the slide isn't able to get all the way rearward, thus not having enough power behind it to bring the next round up, or the slide didn't travel far back enough to catch the next round.

Try another brand of 115gr ammo next time. And lock your wrists will ya [wink] If the different 115gr ammo runs 100% then the culprit was most likely the Remington 115gr (sometimes you just get a bad batch regardless of the brand - really under-powered). If you're still getting failures to feed with different 115gr ammo then you're most likely limp wristing.

Then you're in danger of being called a sissy [smile]

Oh, and bring someone who doesn't have a problem shooting a glock with you to the range and have them shoot it. Most of the time that, alone, will tell you if it's shooter error or equipment malfunction.

Last edited:
The big problem I have with the finger on the trigger guard is that there is simply more contact area if I wrap that finger around my weapon hand like all my other fingers are. On top of which, I can't shoot that way if I've got a light mounted.

The big problem I have with the finger on the trigger guard is that there is simply more contact area if I wrap that finger around my weapon hand like all my other fingers are. On top of which, I can't shoot that way if I've got a light mounted.

Personally, I feel like I can get a much firmer grip with my finger on the TG. If it doesn't work for you, it doesn't work for you. And I shoot Harries, not with a mounted light, so your point is moot [wink]

I was told that with your finger on the front of the trigger guard you could end up pulling in the direction of your off hand... true? not true? needs more practice to not do it?

yes, you can pull towards the off-hand by doing it, but if you are pulling to the off-hand, you're doing it "wrong" You should be applying direct back pressure (like you should be doing to the trigger) and slight, constant down-pressure. If you're pulling, it's likely because you're flinching and tightening your grip on the trigger guard, pulling the gun (like pushing the gun to the off hand with the trigger finger)

Both new guns jammed, but the Kahr said in the manual that it would. It said the gun needed 200 rounds for a break in. Lots of people complain about this in a Kahr.

I had never heard anyone say they couldn't shoot a maag of rounds through the Glock.

If my expectations were high, it was because all you Glock people made me feel like I bought a majic gun.

As for limp wristing.... very possible. I shoot heavy snub revolvers with a nice loose grip. Maybe I've been shooting wheel guns so long long I broke my GLOCK GRIPPER! *S* LOL

Pass it off to a buddy to try and see what happens.

Pass it off to a buddy to try and see what happens.

This....although, if it jams that badly I suspect a bad spring, which is easily bought and repaired or a bad mag......

I've had at least 7 diffent glocks and none have ever FTF, most of them were new guns.........with any ammo. Even my crappy reloads....... I can't say that with the one M&P and the 1911's that I've had. But the 1911's are more accurate and have a great trigger.......so that's worth dealing with an FTF or two. It could be the loads....my 1911 hates federals.....FTF's galore. Runs other shit like a champ.

If you bought it from a dealer...I'd at least make him get a new spring for you. If not send it Glock, they'll fix it. If it has an aftermarket spring in it, but has been unfired you should change it back to a stock one....that is stupid. Gen 3 unfired should eat anything.

As for listening to fanboys on the internet about buying guns.....[rolleyes].....no gun is infallible. Especially a gun that's been modified from stock.

Last edited:
I know the Glock fanboys would refuse to believe it but my Glock 23 has also jammed a handful of times. Glock owners are like Toyota owners, once you buy one you viciously defend it no matter what happens.

My G19 did the same thing

I found the mag follower was chipped and wouldn't load properly. Replaced the follower and spring in the mag and it handles any ammo fine.

I know the Glock fanboys would refuse to believe it but my Glock 23 has also jammed a handful of times. Glock owners are like Toyota owners, once you buy one you viciously defend it no matter what happens.

when 99.8% of them perform flawlessly, and the ones that fail usually is another component or user error, its hard to think it could be caused by the gun.

Yes, +1000

I was using an M&P 9 for USPSA/IDPA but got rid of it quick, and back to a Glock 17 simply due to the reset. I think the M&P's are sexy looking guns, but they leave much to be desired with their triggers, unless given a complete APEX over-haul at this point.

If you can feel the reset during a USPSA/IDPA stage then you are shooting much to slow

when 99.8% of them perform flawlessly, and the ones that fail usually is another component or user error, its hard to think it could be caused by the gun.

Oh noes here they come!
poop.gif

Doubt it's limp wristing......

My 9yr old shoots the G19 all day long without a hiccup. Using reloaded 115FMJs. I hope your holding it stronger than him [wink]

Doubt it's limp wristing......

My 9yr old shoots the G19 all day long without a hiccup. Using reloaded 115FMJs. I hope your holding it stronger than him [wink]

+1 Again, check the mags, then the aftermarket parts, esp. that recoil spring.

depicts, if you weren't all the way S of here, I'd say, let's meet up at MFL, range time on me, and I'll bring a bunch of Glock OEM parts, plus some other brands of 115gr and 124gr ammo, and we can isolate the problem. The only all-factory G17 I've seen with problems running even limp-wristed was a 17C, and then only on pretty weak rounds. If you're game for the drive, come on up.

Back
Top Bottom