Online orders in MA...

I'm looking to buy a particular brand of shotgun ammunition, but can only find it online and the few sites I've found it on all have a little warning about checking local regulations about ordering online...and MA was one of a few states (what a surprise) that were warned to check before ordering. Is there any issue or special regulation as to ordering ammunition online from MA? Or shipping related issues?

Thanks,

-Jonathan

Mass issues

I hate to be the one to break this to you, but that usually means (99.9%) that the company will not ship any ammo, mags or reloading components into Mass because the AG is an (insert any vulgarity you like here).

Unfortunately there is a misconception with the AG that anyone outside Mass cannot sell or ship ammo into Mass because they do not have a Mass license to do so, and they do not verify that the purchaser has a LTC or FID.

It sucks, but it is reality. If you find someone that will ship into Mass, DO NOT POST THEIR NAME HERE.

Good Luck

I contacted the NRA legal department and, after initial interactions consisting of them reciting MGL to me (as if I needed to know the basics living here), the finally "got it" that I was requesting they initiate a case challenging the AG's redefinition of the concept of "FOB Shipment" and not asking them to explain Mass law to me.

To summarize, they have no interest whatsoever in initiating any action on this matter.

Maybe if we all send them emails stating that we no longer have an interest in paying NRA dues they would change their minds.[smile]

The easiest way around the dumb MA ammo issue is to get a drop in NH (ala MBE)
or pay a gun friendly friend up there to buy you stuff and then go up and
retrieve it when it arrives.

-Mike

Some places are now rejecting orders that are billed to MA even if they are shipped elsewhere.

Some places are now rejecting orders that are billed to MA even if they are shipped elsewhere.

That's why you pay by check or something and make the billing the same as
the Ship To. More than one way to skin that cat.

-Mike

How am I supposed to make impulse purchases like that?

Get yourself a credit card and have the bills sent to a PO Box in NH. With on-line bill paying you never even have to bother picking up the bills, just run up every few months to throw them out along with the junk mail. $28/year.

Ken

NO!
Not to mention the fact that UPS, FedEx, etc. will not even ship to a PO Box.

Scrivener

I have a PO Box and have used UPS and DHL but not Fedex to deliver non-firearm/ammo and or components to it. Since I haven't used Fedex I can only pass along my experiences with UPS & DHL. UPS & DHL will deliver to the Post Office and the Post Office will place a hold card in your box. Their computer system interfaces with the other carrier and will post updates to the other companies tracking devices.

Ferretfour

Who said anything about the post office...mail boxes etc...

And just what do you think the "PO" stands for? [rolleyes]

Those who have gotten UPS to deliver to a PO box - a REAL PO box; not "Mailboxes" or some other private entity - have done well. The websites I frequent have disclaimers about that.

DHL? No thanks!

Well, my approach was directed at a specific problem posted here.
All I need the PO Box for is for a billing address. I can always have things delivered to my son's or some other address in NH.

Ken

You can also have a good friend that will buy things for you in another state that's close by..

So, you say, "Hey buddy. Here's X amount of dollars. Will you order this for me?"

Then go and pick up a 6 pack and drop that off to said buddy when you pick up the stuff that he ordered.

Back
Top Bottom