• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Our Next Governor?

JonJ said:
http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=120800

This has corruption written all over it. If you don't believe it, I'm trying to see things from your point of view but I can't stick my head that far up my ass. :x

Well now...AG Reilly is now saying that he called the DA to ask about the law. (the one about whether or not the med files could be released).

Hang on .... He's the AG of the state - he's the top dog of law enforcement and HE DOESN'T KNOW???????? Yeah....right....gimme a break. He's been hanging around Kerry for too long. I hear the echoes of flip flops....

What it boils down to is this - he should have kept his big fat nose OUT of it. HE has made this mess by HIS actions. There's a lot of things in this that do not jive and it smells worse than a pig farm. Can you say imporpriety? Whether it was or not - it's quacking.

“In this case, Tom Reilly was not interfering with anything,” said Reilly’s predecessor and fellow Democrat former Attorney General Scott Harshbarger. “It was entirely appropriate and entirely legal, and it’s up for other people to decide whether it was good judgment.”

Kiss of death, as far as I'm concerned. If Harshbarger said Reilly did nothing wrong, it's time to start filing charges.

Thanks to Bruce for the nice work on this little gem.

tw2.jpg

ArmedMainer said:
derek said:
Derek, you wouldn't happen to know where that picture was taken would you. Reason I ask is I took video of a train wreck that had been partially cleaned up in Northern NH. Thanks.

Just did a search for "Train Wreck" on Google Images.

derek said:
ArmedMainer said:
derek said:
Derek, you wouldn't happen to know where that picture was taken would you. Reason I ask is I took video of a train wreck that had been partially cleaned up in Northern NH. Thanks.

Just did a search for "Train Wreck" on Google Images.
Thanks.

I think y'all are SERIOUSLY overestimating the attention span of the MA voter if you think Reilly is in any trouble at all...

Jay G said:
I think y'all are SERIOUSLY overestimating the attention span of the MA voter if you think Reilly is in any trouble at all...

I agree, if this happened a week before elections, he would likely be in big trouble! However, with 10 months to go, the lemmings won't remember any of it by the time they have to vote.

Nickle said:
Unless it gets brought up AGAIN.

We can't let the folks forget what he's done guys. Nickle's right. Don't forget phone calls to radio stations, letters to the editor, etc. as time draws closer. Make a huge list of all the things he's been for (tuition for illegals, calling the DA after getting called by a money man, etc.) and keep track of it in casem ore needs be added.

Remember, there's a primary too. I don't know how much of a campaign Deval Patrick can mount, but this is sure to help him.

I think that this story has legs and the media (except the Boston Fish Wrapper) will continue to pound him on it.

Gary

Deval Patrick must be in Reilly's pocket. He kept quiet during this flap. I wonder if he was "promised" Lieutenant Governor [roll]

JonJ said:
Deval Patrick must be in Reilly's pocket. He kept quiet during this flap. I wonder if he was "promised" Lieutenant Governor [roll]

I noticed that too Jon, but I don't think it's cause he was offered the 2nd seat. After hearing all the calls on the radio (and yes, they do listen), he HAD to know it was not a popular decision. I think he sat back to watch Kerry and Tommy slug it out.

If they were the only two choices (and I fear that is the case) would you really prefer Deval Patrick over Tom Reilly as your governor?

RKG said:
If they were the only two choices (and I fear that is the case) would you really prefer Deval Patrick over Tom Reilly as your governor?
I wouldn't consider either one, PERIOD.

Jon,

Okay...but do we really want Ms. Healy ? Once again, Mass voters are reduced to voting for the lesser of the two evils.

And yeah...the electorate has a very short memory about the antics and actions of politicians. This incident will be ancient history by the election.

If this state can forgive Ted and keep electing him, they certainly can elect Tom as governor.

Things may be changing: the influx of people from somewhere else moving to the Commonwealth who live between 128 and 495, the hold that certain ethnic groups have had on Mass politics following the Potato Famine is slowly crumbling as new immigrant groups supersede them, the increasing role of gender politics and the so-called "soccer moms" are definitely redefining the political landscape of the Commonwealth. Big change is not going to happen in 2006, but in two or three decades the landscape of Mass politics will be altered significantly in my opinion. Now that is the good news, I suppose. The not-so-good news is that none of these changes necessarily favor gun owners. Increasingly, I am of the opinion that if one enjoys the considerable cultural, educational, recreational, and medical advantages that Massachsetts undeniably offers and if gun ownership is at the top of one's priority list then moving to a neighboring state such as Vermont, NH or Maine may ulitimately be the best option.

Mark

Do I want Healy? Yes, I'll take her over Reilly or Patrick hands down even if she isn't the best choice.
I have a difficult time voting for any Democrat. The Democrats that have been put before me for my consideration have NOTHING in common with my way of political thinking. Most stand for and represent everything that I think is wrong.

I hope and pray that we are seeing the total demise of the Democratic Party as we know it. I'm holding out for a political revolution. The people are starting to wake up.

Yes, Jon, the people are waking up, thanks to the Internet and believe it or not, Al-Queda. If 9/11 had not happened, they wouldn't have seen what the Liberal Left was really about.

There are a few Dem's worth voting for. Not many of them live in the Northeast, though.

Think Bill Richardson (D-NM, pretty much pro-gun) up against George Pataki (R-NY, rabid anti-gun). I don't have to think more than about 5 seconds. It'll take that long to figure out where to mark my ballot.

Question: Why is it that we have to assume that all Republicans are or should be conservatives, and all Democrats should be liberal ?

The history of political parties in this country has been such that there have always been conservative Republicans, moderate Republicans, and liberal Republicans jsut as there have always been conservative Democrats, moderate Democrats and liberal Democrats.

The idea that each party should be one thing or another or that we can all fit into one neat little label is a relatively new phenomena going back to the election of 1964, when the conservative wing of the Republican party became the dominant force in party politics.

If one honestly believes that Kerry Healy, George W. Bush or Mitt Romney (a person who is now trying to appear more conservative) are conservatives then one is hopefully optimistic.

Instead, might it not be better to vote for the candidate that best supports your views ? Now, some would say, "yeah, but...the Republicans come closest overall." Well, maybe it is a Northeast thing, but there are conservative Democrats and liberal Republicans at least in other parts of the country, but I would suspect here too.

If you are a dyed in the wool conservative and vote Republican simply because "it's the right thing to do" , then the Republican party believes that it has you, and its going to do damn well do whatever it wants anyway.

As Nickle pointed out in another post and in another topic, at one time the Republicans were the liberal or even radical party. Theodore Roosevelt at the turn of the 19th Century was every bit as radical as his Democratic cousin Franklin. As the "party of Lincoln" the Republicans had the African-American vote as well. They lost that when they decided to side with the Segregationists during the Civil Rights Era of the '60's. Before that the Democrats used to refer to the South as "the Solid South." Converesly the Northeast was almost solidly Republican territory.

I know that I am not going to change anybody's mind about what they believe and I don't want to, really. All I am saying is look at what the candidate believes and how well the candidate stands up to his or her beliefs. Like I said another time, I am sick and tired of voting for candidates who are the lesser of the two evils. I don't care what party label they wear....in the end they are all SOB's who need to be watched constantly.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom