over 4 month ma ltc wait time

Hi iv been waiting just about 3 1/2 months for my ltc in rochester ma and the police have stoped returning my call, im just wondering if any one on here has any advice for me.

I went for finger prints on 7/7/13 and was told up to 8 weeks then 8-10 then 10-12 and its been almost 14 weeks and when i call the dcjs hot line to find out the status of my licence they say still waiting for the cop to finish my back ground check,and that it will be 2 to 3 weeks once they get it so that will be way over 4 months, there cant be much to check because i dont even have a speeding ticket on my recorded. The dispatcher at the pd says there waiting for the state police to send back my finger prints, now i have tryed to call the licensing officer 4 time and he wont return my call and the police Chief is on vacation for a month. Now i dont wanna start to many waves at the pd because it is a very small town and every one knows how that goes but i have friends in much biger towns that have gotten there ltc in just over 13 weeks...it there any one on here that has any advice for me because i dont know what to do any more, thanks rob

Join the pack that is reaching out to their state reps and senators. Call and write to them to complain. If you do nothing then you can't expect anything in return. Get on the phone today.

Like i said its a very small town and i dont want to make any waves untill i have my ltc in my hand but once i have it im going to call the chief and let him know how much of a pain it is to talk to any one there and iv have already talked to some one at GOAL and i will be wrighting a few letters

Must Be Nice To Easily Take A Month Off For Vacation. It Takes So Long Because The Multiple People It Takes To Get An Ltc Are All Lazy.

Yep pretty much, there is no set times that ltcs are coming in, i know people that the wait ranged from 2 months to 6 months..if you told the state that you will pay your taxes in 8 to 16 week they would auction off your house but its fine when they do it

Like i said its a very small town and i dont want to make any waves untill i have my ltc in my hand but once i have it im going to call the chief and let him know how much of a pain it is to talk to any one there and iv have already talked to some one at GOAL and i will be wrighting a few letters

then all you can do is wait,, just got mine recently it took 5months from interview

Got mine in early spring, applied on 2/8 if I remember correctly. Similar sized town, I waited about ten days for an interview slot, handed in my paper and my check, the permitting officer did the photograph, fingerprints, and took copies of my letters of recommendation all at once.
Took ninety-two calendar days to get the card.
At least a week of that was the permitting officer being on vacation. [rolleyes]
That said, I am not surprised that six months is the new norm.

6 months is the new norm in Massachusetts.

lady atilla's MA LTC:

called in april.
appointment in may.
LTC issued in late august.

so really she was "lucky" to have only waited near five months and to be treated like a felon being booked when she applied, she had pictures of her visible tattoos taken as part of the application process, eventually she became uncomfortable and told them she was done with that game and refused to allow any more pictures. i was LIVID when i got home from work and she told me this happened.

and for the curious, now that we're untouchable in another state i'll freely slam leominster PD for this. it was unacceptable and it made her feel like a goddamn criminal.

she never carried or bought anything on it, we lol'd. all that harassment for nothing. she wanted it to not have to worry about it if shit went down at the house and she had access to the guns and was unlicensed. legitimate worry in MA, now we're waiting on our NH P/R licenses, last i heard was it'll take about a week and ten bucks.

Application/fingerprints June 12 in Reading which is a decent size town. Was told my prints came back from MSP on the 20th of September. Called to check the status and still pending review... 17 weeks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

I live in Taunton, Did my prints/pictures June 24th. Received my LTC yesterday Oct. 8th.I did call my State Rep. and complained at the 90 day mark!

I spoke to one of the licensing officers at RPD several weeks ago and was told at least a four month wait and almost 100 applicants still waiting for licenses. I'm sure that number has increased by now.

Yeah thats what they finally ended up telling me, after telling me 8-10 then 10 to 12. The licencing officer finally called me back this afternoon after me leaving 3 messages over weeks, he said that he checked and my background check came back fine and i was approved and i should have it in 2-3 weeks

Dropped off my and my wife's app (in NH) last Friday evening at the PD. Got a call to pick them both up at 8am Tuesday morning. One business day for approval. [grin]

11 months from drop off to receipt.

There was that guy in everett who was over a year that he/comm2a sued to get it processed.

This system is broken.

January will be 1 year for my buddy in Foxboro. I think every time he complains he goes back to the bottom of the pile.....pretty sad!

When I got mine it took 3 months and that's because I called my Rep. It took 14 days to get mine in NH.

For a renewal of an LTC, what is one's status past the 90-day grace period? I read in previous threads on this issue that your gun(s) cannot leave your home. Have there been any cases where someone with a license past the 90-day grace period was arrested for carrying without a "valid" LTC-A?

If you carry beyond the 90 day grace period, you CAN be arrested and convicted. The law will not protect you at that point. Chance of "getting caught" may be slim but not something that I'd risk or advise others to do.

For a renewal of an LTC, what is one's status past the 90-day grace period? I read in previous threads on this issue that your gun(s) cannot leave your home. Have there been any cases where someone with a license past the 90-day grace period was arrested for carrying without a "valid" LTC-A?

arrested, no, but my friend had this happen to him. his LTC expired, PD dragged their feet on renewal, and eventually his LTC was full-blown-AIDS-expired.

If you carry beyond the 90 day grace period, you CAN be arrested and convicted. The law will not protect you at that point. Chance of "getting caught" may be slim but not something that I'd risk or advise others to do.

My LTC expires next April, so I'm thinking that I should apply for renewal in December (probably will not make a difference). I know that different cities/towns have "rules" on when to apply for renewal, but I can't find anything on the police department's website in my Town.

What is unusual about my town is that I need to have a form signed off by the Treasurer, Water Dept., and Electrical showing that I don't have any outstanding taxes or utility fees. The form also requires me to write in the type of permit that I am applying for, so most everyone that works in these muni departments knows that I am applying for an LTC. So much for privacy...

Any other cities or towns have this requirement?

http://www.rowleypolice.com/permit_l.pdf

If they are backed up, December will be too late and you are likely to run close to the end of your 90 day grace period.

I'd be in there now applying if I were you and I wouldn't care what their website says about "no more than x days in advance"!

I dropped my Wife's app/check off in February for August renewal, appt in May and the chief mumbled that he though it was too early when exited his office and handed the paperwork to his secretary - BS!

this isn't meant to brag or anything like that, but i received the call from my PD in NH saying that both my pistol and revolver license and lady atilla's will be ready tomorrow, 10 days.

some people (and i couldn't find the threads) have said their CLEOs told them that because of the government shutdown it was causing a delay in processing your LTCs--this is BS.

My son's new LTC-A application processing to delivery was 4 months 6 days. Just received it a week-a-go Friday, through the town of Fairhaven. Son "two" started his FID about 6 weeks latter, let's see how long that takes.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

My son's new LTC-A application processing to delivery was 4 months 6 days. Just received it a week-a-go Friday, through the town of Fairhaven. Son "two" started his FID about 6 weeks latter, let's see how long that takes.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

A Co-worker just had his wife apply in Fairhaven, two weeks ago. She was told 5 months!

Back
Top Bottom