over 4 month ma ltc wait time

Same.. Buddy got his 4 weeks from start in East Longmeadow. I've said this 100 times here its NOT the state. Its the towns and cities taking their sweet time. Anyone saying otherwise is BSing you.

My LTC does not expire untill the middle of May but beacause of the delays I had been hearing about I went into my PD and submitted my application and check on Feb 4. I stopped by last week (4-8) to check on it and was told that it was approved at the state level but they had not mailed it back. I checked with the FRB on Friday 4-11 and was told that the card was mailed back to the Town, they did not give me a date. I will give it a few more days to see if they contact me, if not I will pay them another visit.

I just called the FRB. They said that they are still wasting for my local department to send them my background check so they can print the license. I am getting a renewal not a new application. I had my appointment on Feb 7, 2014. This is ridiculous.

4 Months! Better learn patience because it could be another 3-4 months. It took me 6 and it would have been longer if I hadn't called the station SEVERAL times. Good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

A friend of mine just got her unrestricted LTCA... 3 weeks start to finish.
She must be hot!

It seems to me that the fact that those of us in some towns need to wait more than the legal 40 days, while in other towns people are getting theirs within the 40 days gives us grounds for a class-action suit based on being denied equal protection under the law. Of course, I'm sure that would go nowhere here.

5 1/2 months and counting. My wife had her appointment in Reading on May 15th. Finally got through to the Licensing Officer about 6 weeks ago for an update, after the State said it was sitting in Reading. They blamed the state then "found" it and said it just needed to be "printed". And that should take 2-3 weeks?!?! ...And that was 6 weeks ago and they refuse to return our calls now.

Hi - just curious. Have you finally received it? I had my appointment in Sept. of 2013 and STILL waiting. According to the Mass Dept. of Public Safety, the application is in Reading's hand. I was also quoted as taking probably another 3 weeks and now it's 2 months later.

An update from my wife's LTC application she submitted her application in January and called last week for an update. She was told by the licensing officer that she was approved for a class A no restrictions so now she is just waiting on the state.

I went in for application in Westborough MA on April 1st, had LTC in hand on April 29th.

29 days

LTC class A no restrictions

Member of local gun club and visiting range often!

Completed my application 14 weeks ago in Westwood, still no license. I've called several times, each time they have said that my fingerprints haven't come back from the state.

Completed my application 14 weeks ago in Westwood, still no license. I've called several times, each time they have said that my fingerprints haven't come back from the state.

Someone dropped the ball. According to the manager at AFIS (last week at a LE seminar), their turn-around is ~1 week now.

MAtiger, you can call 617-660-4722 M-F 8-6pm to check the status of your application with the state.

Thanks. I gave them a call and they said that the application is with the licensing officer at the background check step.

Given what LenS said and assuming that my local police station is not lying to me, I would guess that they did not send my fingerprints in after I applied. Fortunately for the WWPD this means that they'll be lucky enough to get weekly calls from me for the foreseeable future.

It's absolutely ludicrous that some people are still experiencing such delays.

Some towns are willing and able to get this done, and some towns do not.

Wife got her (new) license, and I got my (renewal) both in four weeks back in April here in Grafton.

Is this a "training" thing where these towns need to be brought up-to-speed on how to process these applications in a more timely manner? Or are the towns (still) intentionally dragging their feet?

If the latter, what is their justification for inducing such delays on law-abiding people who are actually paying to go through the process?

I finally picked up my license on August 15th, issued with no restrictions. The process took a little over 5 and a half months from the day I went in to complete my application. Another person applying for their license in my town wrote the chief who indicated that there were administrative delays, each time I called the response was that they were still waiting on my fingerprints. I don't believe it is a training issue, and neither the licensing officer nor the chief seemed opposed to citizens possessing firearms. My guess is that they simply don't prioritize the ltc application process and get to them when they have some free time around the office.

It's absolutely ludicrous that some people are still experiencing such delays.

Some towns are willing and able to get this done, and some towns do not.

Wife got her (new) license, and I got my (renewal) both in four weeks back in April here in Grafton.

Is this a "training" thing where these towns need to be brought up-to-speed on how to process these applications in a more timely manner? Or are the towns (still) intentionally dragging their feet?

If the latter, what is their justification for inducing such delays on law-abiding people who are actually paying to go through the process?

Back
Top Bottom