over 4 month ma ltc wait time

It's your local PD dragging their feet. They have 40 days from date you apply to notify you if you're approved or not. This isn't an exaggeration , I went an forbthe appointment, got fingerprinted, chief said if I.didn't have my license in my mailbox within 10 days of being fingerprinted then to go down to PD an pick it up. Whole process took 10 days. Clinton, MA. Then bought house in next town over. The day I picked up.the LTC application the secretary said just come in when chief is here. Done in 10 days. Your local PD is what's holding you up.

Unfortunately I think your current wait time is the average at this point. Totally illegal, but there you go.

Over four months on my renewal right now. This state blows. Town says they are still waiting on state pd for my background check. I'm waiting till I get it to fill out the goal survey. Hang in there I feel your pain.

It's your local PD dragging their feet. They have 40 days from date you apply to notify you if you're approved or not. This isn't an exaggeration , I went an forbthe appointment, got fingerprinted, chief said if I.didn't have my license in my mailbox within 10 days of being fingerprinted then to go down to PD an pick it up. Whole process took 10 days. Clinton, MA. Then bought house in next town over. The day I picked up.the LTC application the secretary said just come in when chief is here. Done in 10 days. Your local PD is what's holding you up.

it's not that i don't doubt your sincerity, but i just dont' believe it's possible to get an ltc- a in the prm in ten days for the average joe citizen. sorry, no offense intended

Last edited:
I personally know a man and his son who just got theirs in 13 days in Hampden MA. When your town takes permits seriously and actually do their job as written in the law. It goes fast.

I mean an interview and data entry takes what an hour tops? Fingerprints take 15 minutes. The state police BR check takes 5 minutes. Printing a card out takes a couple minutes as well. They could be banging these things out if they wanted.

You think NY, NJ, CA, MA and all the other anti gun states taking 4 months to a year + to issue licenses while the rest of the country bangs them out in 10 days is coincidence? They are taking forever because the issuing authorities are being instructed to take forever.

it's not that i don't doubt your sincerity, but i just dont' believe it's possible to get an ltc- a in the prm in ten days for the average joe citizen. sorry, no offense intended

It was, before Obama/Sandy hook and all that shit came along. I believe the record here was like 7 days. If the PD did their job the licenses came out quickly..... now CJIS is oversaturated with apps, and even if the PD does their job, CJIS is now dragging ass, too.

-Mike

I tried to be pro-active, and still got shafted. Permit is up this coming April... Figured I'd make the appt now, jump through all the hoops early so I'd be ahead of the curve, seeing as how my LTC is my livelihood ( armed security and gunsmith), the licensing officer wasn't having it. She told me "we are trying to get those who are closer to expiring in the door first. It took me 2 weeks to even get someone on the phone only to find out it ISNT first-come-first-serve. C'mon, it's Leominster... How many people are applying where I need to wait to FEBRUARY just for the "interview". [thinking]
Cant wait to land a job in NH. I'm out of here.

I called the dcjs hot line 2 weeks ago and they I was approved for a class A and they said it would be about 2 weeks and I should have it, I called today and they said now its waiting for printing and it should be about another 2 weeks. what was it doing for the 2 weeks between approved and waiting for printing? just waiting to be put on the waiting for printing list or what?

I guess I feel lucky that mine took about 55 days. Damn. There are some real commie towns in Shitholeachusetts. My uncle lives in one. And works in another. A series of unfortunate events, luckily he was just applying for a renewal.

I called the dcjs hot line 2 weeks ago and they I was approved for a class A and they said it would be about 2 weeks and I should have it, I called today and they said now its waiting for printing and it should be about another 2 weeks. what was it doing for the 2 weeks between approved and waiting for printing? just waiting to be put on the waiting for printing list or what?

And I quote Barry: "LET ME BE CLEAR. If you can't get health care, call 1-800-BEND-OVER..." (i.e. they will blame it on sunspots, moonbeams, cars with their lights left on...and, oh yes, the government "shutdown". ugh

My LTC was approved on Sept 25th, Oct 3rd I called and it was waiting activation, Oct 10th I call and it was sent to printing, last week on the 17th I called and was told my LTC was sent to printing, I called today and was told my LTC was sent to my police dept on the 17th, the system is broken and full of miss info.

Tim

My LTC was approved on Sept 25th, Oct 3rd I called and it was waiting activation, Oct 10th I call and it was sent to printing, last week on the 17th I called and was told my LTC was sent to printing, I called today and was told my LTC was sent to my police dept on the 17th, the system is broken and full of miss info.

Tim

Sounds like a visit to heathcare.gov ( 1-800-BEND-OVER) is needed. You will get all the information you need.

BTW the Secretary is partying it up at the JFK Library rather than testify before Congress.

Your tax dollars at work. We buy parties, they don't demand these a$$e$ to testify.

Parties are more fun than a grilling (? - maybe?) by the government you "work" for.

Six months is a long time to wait in a small town like Rochester ( Gods Country ) and i am told the Chief is a great guy ! Call the Chief when he gets back ................

I tried to be pro-active, and still got shafted. Permit is up this coming April... Figured I'd make the appt now, jump through all the hoops early so I'd be ahead of the curve, seeing as how my LTC is my livelihood ( armed security and gunsmith), the licensing officer wasn't having it. She told me "we are trying to get those who are closer to expiring in the door first. It took me 2 weeks to even get someone on the phone only to find out it ISNT first-come-first-serve. C'mon, it's Leominster... How many people are applying where I need to wait to FEBRUARY just for the "interview". [thinking]
Cant wait to land a job in NH. I'm out of here.

not sure what the deal is, but leominster's processing went all to shit. when i applied in 2008, i got the license within three weeks i want to say. and we filled out the app online while the station was running on generator power! between then and 2013 when lady atilla applied, got treated like a god damn felon, and then it took easily double my original time to get hers... i have no idea what happened.

"at least you got no restrictions" was the "up" side to the whole business, but the process is broken, and while not as bad as other places, there are issues in leominster for sure. couple that with the system being broken by design? recipe for disaster, just add one second amendment.

We would not have this shit if they would have left the old system alone. For years I would renew in my town. the IA would do the license, laminate it and mail it to me the next day. He would say "I sent the state their copy and if they have an issue, they can let us know". So damn quick and easy. Jack.

Hi iv been waiting just about 3 1/2 months for my ltc in rochester ma and the police have stoped returning my call, im just wondering if any one on here has any advice for me.

To the OP - Hi neighbor, I live in Rochester too. All you can really do is keep calling, including to the local rep at this point, and if you have a chance and can politely bring this up with Chief Magee then by all means do so.

Back in 2009 when I got mine it took about 3 months end to end, but probably 6 weeks of that was just trying to get the issuing officer to call back after I submitted my paperwork. I had a bit of luck though, my step-dad works for NStar and had this cop on detail quite a bit. He brought up that I was trying to get my LTC, and I got a call back within a day to get my prints done etc. The officer's claim as to why it took so long to get an appointment was that he only processed them weekly, and had quite a few to do. Funny to hear that considering name dropping had me at the front of the line in 24 hours....

I personally know a man and his son who just got theirs in 13 days in Hampden MA. When your town takes permits seriously and actually do their job as written in the law. It goes fast.

Are they still issuing horseblankets? (old style LTC) If so, that's why... my understanding through that those were all gone by this point. The reason I mention this is because the horseblankets were locally produced by the PD, and they don't have to wait for CJIS to make and then send the license to them.

-Mike

not sure what the deal is, but leominster's processing went all to shit. when i applied in 2008, i got the license within three weeks i want to say. and we filled out the app online while the station was running on generator power! between then and 2013 when lady atilla applied, got treated like a god damn felon, and then it took easily double my original time to get hers... i have no idea what happened.
Obama and Sandy Hook, that's what happened. After SH everyone went full retard over the next several months trying to get licenses, everywhere... because of the "ZOMG SANDY HOOK DEY ARE GONNA BAN EVERYTHING I GOTTA GIT MY GUNS NOW!!!" so any town of consequence had a lot of applicants.

-Mike

Application/fingerprints June 12 in Reading which is a decent size town. Was told my prints came back from MSP on the 20th of September. Called to check the status and still pending review... 17 weeks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

5 1/2 months and counting. My wife had her appointment in Reading on May 15th. Finally got through to the Licensing Officer about 6 weeks ago for an update, after the State said it was sitting in Reading. They blamed the state then "found" it and said it just needed to be "printed". And that should take 2-3 weeks?!?! ...And that was 6 weeks ago and they refuse to return our calls now.

Obama and Sandy Hook, that's what happened. After SH everyone went full retard over the next several months trying to get licenses, everywhere... because of the "ZOMG SANDY HOOK DEY ARE GONNA BAN EVERYTHING I GOTTA GIT MY GUNS NOW!!!" so any town of consequence had a lot of applicants.

-Mike

obammer's gon' take are guns.

And there I was thinking that 37 days (11/22 to 12/30) was a long time to wait for my LTC [shocked]

Actually, it was issued on the 17th, but I guess it "took" 13 days for USPS to deliver it to Waltham PD lol.

Last edited:
And there I was thinking that 37 days (11/22 to 12/30) was a long time to wait for my LTC [shocked]

Actually, it was issued on the 17th, but I guess it "took" 13 days for USPS to deliver it to Waltham PD lol.
My buddy got his ltc issued about 3 weeks ago. He is still waiting for it. Now that's slow "mail" I figured it would take 2 days tops for a letter to go from Chelsea ma to the local pd.

Back
Top Bottom