Pick Me a Pump Shotgun

1. You wasted 1 round - either by ejecting it or by never having a round chambered.

2. You are not doing enough shooting.

3. The criminal is way too close to you.
1. No waste. rounds are loaded in the tube. answer to 2 is the reason
2. I am training enough and can rack and shoot pretty darn close to two rounds per second. I can dump the entire tube in under 3 seconds. SIG Academy teaches you well...
3. Have you tried racking in a house? I don't know how big your house is but in mine if I rack the shotgun at one end of the house, my wife on the other side of the house goes "Honey, are you playing with your guns again!? Can you take out the trash instead?". Yes, my wife assumes that if I have time to play with my toys, I have time for a "Honey DO list". Point is, that sound carries!

2. I am training enough and can rack and shoot pretty darn close to two rounds per second. I can dump the entire tube in under 3 seconds. SIG Academy teaches you well...
3. Have you tried racking in a house? I don't know how big your house is but in mine if I rack the shotgun at one end of the house, my wife on the other side of the house goes "Honey, are you playing with your guns again!? Can you take out the trash instead?". Yes, my wife assumes that if I have time to play with my toys, I have time for a "Honey DO list". Point is, that sound carries!
But if you want it to make the racking sound means you dont have one in the chamber, you are wasting precious ammo capacity and time by having to load a round... remember, everything that can go wrong will go wrong at the worse time, meaning your shotgun could somehow jam, for a noise that won't do anything, when you could at least take one shot.

You have never seen me slam firing the trench gun.

It is a thing of beauty and a little scary.
Before or after the action slices up your hand?
I keed i keed!!!!

"Dunning-Kruger mop up on aisle 1 please "

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/eWWqp1wQkek

Ya'll just jealous cause I have the world's greatest shotgun: Mossberg 500! 500's rack silly fast!

Either that or you were just looking for an excuse to post that video...
No shotgun can compete against an 1897. Slam firing is next level operator stuff.

But the 500 is decent. Join the 1897 club when you want to step up your operator game.

Put a bayonet lug on that, it is a game changer.

No shotgun can compete against an 1897. Slam firing is next level operator stuff.

But the 500 is decent. Join the 1897 club when you want to step up your operator game.

"Come to the dark side, Luke!", "Come to the dark side, Luke!". That slam fire stuff and indeed the next level $#!t...
"Luke the Use, Force!"

3. Have you tried racking in a house? I don't know how big your house is but in mine if I rack the shotgun at one end of the house, my wife on the other side of the house goes "Honey, are you playing with your guns again!?
When you do that, in a home defense situation, you have given away two vital pieces of information. You have told me exactly where you are, and what you are armed with. I know, without a doubt, that after you fire a round, I have a 1 second widow before you can fire again. I also know you need two hands to operate your firearm and that if I can get close I can exploit both it's length and ability to fire follow up shots.
I own an old Mossy 500, and I love the thing, but it is not what I grab when something goes bump in the night.
For the money, it is a great firearm, and not an awful choice for HD, but give me a high capacity semi auto pistol with a light laser combo every time.

Piggers are number one!
Piggers are gonna go all the way this year!

I own an old Mossy 500, and I love the thing, but it is not what I grab when something goes bump in the night.
For the money, it is a great firearm, and not an awful choice for HD, but give me a high capacity semi auto pistol with a light laser combo every time.
If Biden* wasn't such a senile pantload,
I'd be surprised he hadn't instead endorsed
waving a pen laser pointer at a burglar.

When you do that, in a home defense situation, you have given away two vital pieces of information. You have told me exactly where you are, and what you are armed with.
Tim Larkin in his seminal book "When Violence Is the Answer", the author goes really deep into the research and the mind of criminals. Hundreds of inmates were interviewed, dozens and dozens of studies summarized and the answer is simple: exceptions in a few scenarios, the criminal is an opportunist. Criminals are not dumb or lack basic survival instincts. Quite the opposite! They weigh the pros and cons of their actions. This is why they go after the weak and defenseless. When considering breaking into a house, if they think they can get away with it, they will break-in. As soon as they realize that you're armed with a shotgun, the math of "getting away with it" becomes lopsided and they will retreat before making the situation worse. The ONLY time they will continue with the assault is if they're impaired(ex. high as a kite). If they are impaired, your stealth, or unstealthy racking, has very little effect on them either way.

I suggest everyone should read this book. It is an eye-opening read!

Back
Top Bottom