Pick Me a Semi-auto Shotgun

Remington Model 11. Get it in any condition you can find it, then modify it like this:
krisko-reminton-sportsman-wwii-10.jpg

'Merica!

Really need to know te intended use. That Beretta pictured is probably a great gun for SD but will handicap you at clays due to the short barrel and sights.

Really need to know te intended use. That Beretta pictured is probably a great gun for SD but will handicap you at clays due to the short barrel and sights
Like most of my firearms, the purpose is to lighten my wallet and collect dust in the safe

Last edited:
[crying]

Last edited:
Does anyone besides Mossberg put the safety in the perfect spot? (The Tang)
Not that I'm aware of.
As a lefty, the tang mounted safety is my preferred location and therefore I gravitated first towards the Mossberg 500 and then the 590A1.
Eventually looking for a semi auto shotgun, I tried the Mossberg 930, but it would not run reliably with bird, buck, or slugs.
With a bit more internet research, I discovered that this was not uncommon.
I sold the the 930 and bought a 1301.
The safety on the 1301 is reversible for left hand operation and I tried that, but in the end switched it back and just trained through it.

Not that I'm aware of.
As a lefty, the tang mounted safety is my preferred location and therefore I gravitated first towards the Mossberg 500 and then the 590A1.
Eventually looking for a semi auto shotgun, I tried the Mossberg 930, but it would not run reliably with bird, buck, or slugs.
With a bit more internet research, I discovered that this was not uncommon.
I sold the the 930 and bought a 1301.
The safety on the 1301 is reversible for left hand operation and I tried that, but in the end switched it back and just trained through it.
Thanks much.
You just echoed what I’ve heard about the 930.
Too bad.

Thanks much.
You just echoed what I’ve heard about the 930.
Too bad.
It really is a shame.
Mine was the Jerry Miculek Pro Series Tactical Class 930, so I had high hopes.
There was plenty of internet "tweak this" and/or "polish that", but I just wanted a shotgun that would run.
The only issue I've had with my 1301 is using old paper rounds that split.

Old 12ga paper shell.jpg

@safetyfirst2125

Very nice...thought the 1301 would be my next gun...just looked them up...

OMG, I'm getting old...$1,000 shot gun... 😟
$1000 is the new $500.

The 1301's have been >$1300 for a while now and Ive just started to get alerts listing them at $1200 and change. Moving in the right direction, but too much for me to drop on something that I want (but have no idea why I want it) and will likely make 1 range trip and then sit in the safe.

is the 1301 like Legos where I can remove the longer magazine and throw on a bird barrel? like the AR and Sig P320 are infinitely customizable by the end user?
The 1301 family of shotguns:

Back
Top Bottom