"Pinning" AR-15 telestocks

I know this is an old topic but I couldn't find anything is the forums anywhere that gave a definite answer. Has anybody ever found out to what degree a AR-15 telestock must be "pinned" to be legal?

For example my telestock has a single roll pin that can only be seen from one side of the plastic I/E you can't drive the pin back out. In my interpretation of "permanently pinned" this meets the requirements because it is: 1 not adjustable anymore (set a correct LOP for myself) and 2: the pin cannot be removed because it is in a blind hole (cannot be driven out). So it is fixed and permanent. What does everybody think?

The approved method of blind pinning a stock has long been an NES mystery with no authoritative answer.

Blind pinning is a method used by many manufacturers, although I think they fill in the hole as well. It's your call as to how much you want to do to feel safe.

I went to the Wilmington show and a vender had a few AR-15's with pinned collapsable stocks. When I asked how they were done, he replied. Drill and tap a hole and put in a hex head machine screw. They looked good, did the same to mine to be Ma. compliant. I hope....

Unless that hole is covered by something I really don't think that'll be enough. A blind hole and pin works because there's no way to pull the pin out short of drilling out the stock. If you can just unscrew the screw... that's likely not to pass the sniff test in many jurisdictions.

Guys in CA are using roll pins, rivets, bolts, and epoxy. You can also leave the stock adjustable if you can find some way to replace the pistol grip:

IMG_8520_C.JPG

Back
Top Bottom