• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Plymouth, MA. Yes, that is correct! October 6 & 7

I just got out of work so I wasn't able to make it. I wanted to check out the case prices on Golden Tiger 7.62x39. We're going to a Christmas Party in a few hours otherwise I'd check it out this afternoon.
I'll make the next one for sure.

I went and left after an hour. It was in my opinion pretty fail. All of the prices were horrendous. Nearly everything I looked at in terms of used firearms were at least fifty to two hundred dollars more than it would cost brand new. Compared to the one I go to in Marlboro there were far too few tables selling actual firearms and WAY too many selling antiques, novelty items, accessories and flash lights. I would not recommend the long drive, gas money and entrance fee. But that could just be my opinion.

I went and left after an hour. It was in my opinion pretty fail. All of the prices were horrendous. Nearly everything I looked at in terms of used firearms were at least fifty to two hundred dollars more than it would cost brand new. Compared to the one I go to in Marlboro there were far too few tables selling actual firearms and WAY too many selling antiques, novelty items, accessories and flash lights. I would not recommend the long drive, gas money and entrance fee. But that could just be my opinion.

sounds like an average gun show [sad]

I was able to park in the muddy field next to the building, otherwise I probably wouldn't have gone in.

I have to agree with you. Gun prices were pretty high, well more than pretty high. There were a few dealers there, but a lot more accessory dealers. At least it seemed that way. About the only "bargain" I saw was a S&W 469 listed as "mint" for about $450.00 or so. If it was ANIB, it was probably a decent price for people who like 2nd generation S&W semis. I ended up buying some Swiss 7.5x55 and a box of Blazer .45 ACP target ammo, but nothing else struck me as worth buying.

Still, it was a decent way to spend a rainy Saturday.

Some dealers jacked up prices to an insane level. $700 for an original configuration Saiga 223?!? There were a few decent priced guns. An Arsenal Inc Saiga 410 for $800. Kinda high but really rare in this state. I saw a steel slab side Russian AK mag for $60. That's not bad and I hope some collector grabbed that.

I went to sell 2 Chinese SKSs at very fair prices and only had a few tire kickers. I was probably the only guy there with an SKS under $300 to boot.

Prices were high but one dealer had a Beretta 21A in 25acp for $179. I don't know if it was a mistake or not but the dealer was busy with a customer and I went down the aisle with the intent of picking it up when I came back up. By the time I made it back, he was writing it up to someone else! Damn - when you snooze you lose!

Some dealers jacked up prices to an insane level. $700 for an original configuration Saiga 223?!? There were a few decent priced guns. An Arsenal Inc Saiga 410 for $800. Kinda high but really rare in this state. I saw a steel slab side Russian AK mag for $60. That's not bad and I hope some collector grabbed that.

I went to sell 2 Chinese SKSs at very fair prices and only had a few tire kickers. I was probably the only guy there with an SKS under $300 to boot.
You going back Sunday?

Agreed on the prices...there were a few deals here and there, but nothing super and plenty of outrageously prices stuff.

Walked out with a $10 brass punch set. Though that dealer with all the Garand and Carbine parts had everything someone building an Amercan milsuromcould ever want.g

My second time back at this show. Prices were way too high but I got a good deal on a bushmaster ar15 for 658 and its not the carbon version either, then then I traded in my crappy 45 and I got Walther pps in 40 caliber for 300. So I made out well today. I also saw a 9mm shield for 450 in the back I forget the store but its in the back 3rd table to your left from the right side of the building if anyone's lookin for one

I was there today and picked up a bunch of ammo. The parking lot must of filled up quick because I got there at 9:30 and ended up parking at the mall across the street and hiking over to the show.

Picked up a few 30 rd. pre bans, and some others I would love to have, but they were questionable. (yes, I'm being intentionally vague.) Grabbed a 2 point sling from the Chinese guy ("you like, you buy"), This was the first show I've brought my sons to, and that made for a fun time, just looking at all the WWII memorabilia. A little pricey to get in, ($33 for the 3 of us), but still cheaper than a movie.

I worked the show. The promoter WAY over estimated the 600 tables. Alot of non firearms. The prices reflect the increase that has been made by the wholesalers. Folks who think its not related to supply and demand are just not clued into what happens when things like crazy elections occur.

Case in point 1000 rounds 5.56 that was $320 there last show was now $440!!!!!
As to the used rifles being more than new rifles, maybe you were looking at pre 64 Winchesters.[rolleyes]

Had one customer who thought $550 was to much for a Remington SS 1911 with a $50 rebate from Remington to boot. So it was really $500. I chock that up to customers who don't follow gun prices in the national magazines like Shooting Times. Had one guy offer me $200 for a Savage 20 gauge slug rifle. This is the new savage shotgun built on a 110 action. Wholesale to me is $489. He figured because a used single shot circa 1950 bolt action 12 gauge at another table was only 100 bucks.[laugh]

I thought the show was small, to much non firearm stuff . Ray had a beautiful SKS that if I don't win an auction I am bidding on now will soon be in collection[smile][smile]. I pointed it out to a few folks but they were clueless. Good for me if I loose the auction.[grin]

I picked up a nice brand new leather holster for my Ed Brown 1911. We took in a seacamp and by the time it was tagged and put in the case it was sold. Me I would not wont a tiny 32 caliber but that's me.

If your close by stop in its worth a look see but as to ammo no Golden Tiger just Wolf and Tula.

I did see a gorgeous blonde that stopped by our table four times and I didn't care if she bought a single thing. God was she hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I changed my avatar from Kathy Rankin to a Mosin Sniper and by popular demand and many many many requests will be putting Kathy back up there.[wink]

Last edited:
Agreed on the prices...there were a few deals here and there, but nothing super and plenty of outrageously prices stuff.

Walked out with a $10 brass punch set. Though that dealer with all the Garand and Carbine parts had everything someone building an Amercan milsuromcould ever want.g

I didn't go today, but I bet that seller was John (can't remember his last name right now) from Maine. He's a really good guy. I have bought a gazillion parts from him over the years at gun shows or directly by email. Grab his card and call/email him if you are ever looking for something specific. He has a ton more stuff at his house/shop.

I was there at noon and seemed to be plenty of ammo left. I have been watching the ammo prices creep up all year. If I had a decent amount to spend I found several good deals on used rifles.....handguns not so much. New rifles/handguns I dont really even look. If theres a gun I want new I tend to just buy it.
I seen some older target 22s that had some nice sights on them...I spent most of my time eating jerky and scrounging through the tackle boxes of parts. Today was a very specific item hunt for me. I didnt do well.

My only peev was the entry fee: Not somuch the total cost but the amount. 11 bucks and I got a frustrated "dont you have any ones" huff out of the cash collector.
o well..........next show might be better. I just dont have the time to really absorb all of it...
Yeah there where some non gun items but it wasnt to bad. Not long ago I went to a show and there where more non gun related in anyway tables than ever.
I did see a few odd ball rifles that I thought where decently priced. Also seen some really nice early 1900s rifles.....its has become more of a "show" for me vs a place to buy stuff.

Last edited:
... About the only "bargain" I saw was a S&W 469 listed as "mint" for about $450.00 or so. If it was ANIB, it was probably a decent price for people who like 2nd generation S&W semis.

If anybody is looking for a 469, I have one for sale with 4 pre-ban mags. $400

Same reaction. Long drive, jacked firearm prices, most ammo gone by noon, expensive entry fee, too much peripherals not enough guns!!

This.

The only good parts were the jerky, the nice cushy astroturf for walking around, and finding out that Fred is going back to Kathy Rankin for his avatar! I see no need to return to Plymouth.

Got there about 11:30 or noon on saturday. with my buddy.....no line, and was able to park close....my buddy needed a few small things, bipod , and swivel kit for his old 22 rifle, which he found at fair prices......I didn't need anything really, since I have bought 5 or 6 guns in the past 8 months already, lol, all I bought was a black ruger cap for ten bucks. I asked a bunch of vendors, they all said they were doin great with sales.....and although i do think the gun prices are generally high, if people are still buying, i can't fault them. and , of course, most will haggle with ya ;) There was plenty of ammo left when we got there, didn't buy any, but, I rarely find ammo at shows cheaper than Walmart's prices anyways. Might have bought some bulk .223 , but, what i saw left was too high for my wallet. Was great to see my friends from my local gun store, Urban Tactical in Buzzards Bay.......great guys, good prices, had a long talk with the owner's dad, ex Navy Seal who looks like he could still fight his way out of a jam ;) If u guys get a chance, check em out, if not at the show, at their store in Buzzards Bay.........they have M&P 9/40 range kits for what I had paid at Four Seasons....i was shocked.....and delighted.....to have a local gun store with good prices! All in all, had a great time at the show, hell, for $11 bucks, its cheap entertainment too ;)

This is what happens when the gov't makes it difficult for people to buy and sell firearms and accessories in stores. It was a flea market with prices over retail. No manufacturers were represented. There was a guy selling $20 flashlights I saw at Costco 3 for $20. A used M&P 15-22 for $475? An AK-47 with stamped receiver for $2,000? Used Glocks, $200-$300 over new retail? Bulk ammo at full retail? Colt pre-ban 30 round mags for $33? I'd love to go to a gun show in a free state to see the difference.

I saw a Sig Sauer there that I regret I didn't get the model. I have been looking for a Shield in 9mm for the wife, but after firing one she didn't like it. The reason she wanted the Shield was because of the thin width. I spotted a Sig that was super thin, but my kids were moving on and I didn't get the model. Does anyone know what that was? I would say it's width couldn't have been over .90"

Got to Plymouth this morning at 0850 AM and there was a good size line waiting. Went through the show in about two hours and picked up nine loaded Garand magazines for a decent price. Friend that was with me grabbed some magazines he was looking for. New gun prices were high but there were some good prices on some used rifles. Will go to the next show there.

Anyone there or going there soon? I'm on my way and will be there in about 30 mins.

I'm wearing my Zombie Response Team hoodie. Say herro!

ETA: good to see you, Fred!

Last edited:
Got to Plymouth this morning at 0850 AM and there was a good size line waiting. Went through the show in about two hours and picked up nine loaded Garand magazines for a decent price.

Best hang on to those; they're rare as hell. I've been looking for 30 years and haven't found any Garand magazines yet!!

All I've ever been able to find are clips for my Garand.

Best hang on to those; they're rare as hell. I've been looking for 30 years and haven't found any Garand magazines yet!!

All I've ever been able to find are clips for my Garand.

I was waiting for someone to bust chops for that post. It only took two.

Back
Top Bottom