• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Plymouth, MA. Yes, that is correct! October 6 & 7

I like this venue. Was there with the opening crowd at 9. Plenty of room to browse, people watch, and quiz the vendors. Some of the things you hear make it well worth it for the entertainment factor alone. I make a day of it with a friend, and appreciate still being able to attend a gun show in Massachusetts.

That's what I get for being afraid of misspelling "enbloc clips" !!! I probably just did anyway so if I did.. let me know.. I know someone will !!!

Anyone there or going there soon? I'm on my way and will be there in about 30 mins.

I'm wearing my Zombie Response Team hoodie. Say herro!

ETA: good to see you, Fred!

Omg I must of missed you !! Granted the tables are taller then you so I cant be blamed.

I went with my fudd "dad" he got a shell reloading kit and and .223 laser bore sight. Wanted cannon fuses ??

It was funny watching him ask for "ruger .223 clips" I had to tell the guys he wanted mini 14 mags. Also him asking for a "postal sniper discount" and it worked lol.

He got me a stripped upper for my ar-15 120$ for Xmas . he wouldn't listen to me that it was a not a deal.

I picked up a ar upper vice block From the table run by the Asian couple (is the pc ?). Let me have it for 25$ after the guy tried to sell me a single point sling and I explained I'd rather not have a gun hit me in the nuts lol.

Also got springs and followers for my two preban mags I got from a nes member. .

Well the show is over....by Sunday 1 p.m. it was pretty much dead.

The all time worst customer experience I have ever had today, semi rant here. A younger guy came in and looked at a 22 caliber M1 carbine look alike. He said he loved it. He said he would be back and wanted to look around the show. No problem I said. He came back and said he found one for $25 less. I told him to buy it and it was a good deal. So he leaves and I assume he bought it. Two hours go by and hes back fondling the rifle again. I show him the other rifle we had in stock so he could choose the one he liked the best out of the two. He then says " yup lets do it I want this one. I give him the federal form to complete and he completes it WRONG. I tear it up and said that's OK try again. This time he gets it correct. I then give his paperwork to the owners wife to enter into MICRS. As she is entering his info. he says," I don't want it"." I just read reviews on my I Phone and they are bad". He then walks away. So now I am curious if he is just a jerk or does it have bad reviews. I too use my I Phone and Google it. I see a review from 2010 when they first came out. One issue was an extraction problem but further in the article it states the company had sent the reviewer one of their first rifles off the production line and later sent one that functioned fine. What pissed me off was he had two hours earlier to look up the rifle on his Fing I Phone for information. I should have known when he demanded a chair to sit down in to complete his paperwork.

All of this for a 22 caliber semi auto rifle. Ya just got to love people like that.

The all time worst customer experience I have ever had today, semi rant here. A younger guy came in and looked at a 22 caliber M1 carbine look alike. He said he loved it. He said he would be back and wanted to look around the show. No problem I said. He came back and said he found one for $25 less. I told him to buy it and it was a good deal. So he leaves and I assume he bought it. Two hours go by and hes back fondling the rifle again. I show him the other rifle we had in stock so he could choose the one he liked the best out of the two. He then says " yup lets do it I want this one. I give him the federal form to complete and he completes it WRONG. I tear it up and said that's OK try again. This time he gets it correct. I then give his paperwork to the owners wife to enter into MICRS. As she is entering his info. he says," I don't want it"." I just read reviews on my I Phone and they are bad". He then walks away. So now I am curious if he is just a jerk or does it have bad reviews. I too use my I Phone and Google it. I see a review from 2010 when they first came out. One issue was an extraction problem but further in the article it states the company had sent the reviewer one of their first rifles off the production line and later sent one that functioned fine. What pissed me off was he had two hours earlier to look up the rifle on his Fing I Phone for information. I should have known when he demanded a chair to sit down in to complete his paperwork.

All of this for a 22 caliber semi auto rifle. Ya just got to love people like that.

Wish I would have seen you there. A 22 rifle is exactly what I was there shopping for. I didnt find any at a price/condition that I wanted but maybe I missed your table. I as stated before didnt have a positive experience AS a customer there. Couldnt get much attention or questions answered by the few gun vendors that did actually show up.

There was a cop hanging out at one table where a dealer had a bunch of uppers with bayonet lugs on them. Every time someone walked up to the table that cop would say "as soon as anyone puts that on a lower it's an instant felony" he was watching those uppers like a hawk!

There was a cop hanging out at one table where a dealer had a bunch of uppers with bayonet lugs on them. Every time someone walked up to the table that cop would say "as soon as anyone puts that on a lower it's an instant felony" he was watching those uppers like a hawk!

I don't suppose any pointed out to him that if you put it on a PRE-BAN lower, it's just fine....

I did!

Lol ... Also my dad said some thing about buying ammo online. A dealer was like you can't do that in mass.
I said yeah you can just some places won't tho. He asked me how you find out who does. My response was "you don't talk about it"

I did!

Lol ... Also my dad said some thing about buying ammo online. A dealer was like you can't do that in mass.
I said yeah you can just some places won't tho. He asked me how you find out who does. My response was "you don't talk about it"

The first rule of "buying ammo by mail club" is you don't talk about "buying ammo by mail club".

Was stuck in CT for a family Xmas party this weekend so I missed the show.... (Checked out Cabella's though.... Red dot on sale for 25 down from 80....) Heard two guys at Radioshack talking about the show, and guns.... Pointed 'em to NES, they hadn't heard of us.....

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Forum Runner

You should have B*tch slapped him

I don't think I would've gone all the way to Plymouth but my best friend that I've known since I was two lives in his grandparents house in Norwell and he wanted to go a gun show with me. My wife, friend & I got there around about 9:30, one of my daughters & her boyfriend straggled in about 10:30. It wasn't too crowded, armor guy wasn't there, Pete Maddoxx the Army Navy guy wasn't there and I don't think the Pack & Postal guy's were there. Usually Gerry from FS is with them and I didn't see him, actually I saw very few people I knew.

After about 6 tables, my wife vanished in search of the Jerky Guy, then my daughter is texting me " Is the Jerky Guy there?' I just kept on point, I like to go through the entire show, making notes along the way, then I go back to what interested me. I'm usually alone ( except Wilmington when I'm a party of eight ) so I can do my own thing.

I bought an 1884 Springfield from the promoter, a case of Tula 7.62x39 from the New York Ammo Guy for .24 a round and I kicked his last case of 7.62x54R and told him he was a little high, got it for $180.00. Nobody wants to pack up the last case of ammo and haul it all the way home [grin]. I indulged my wife with some edged weapons, some survival books and other survival sundries. We were out by 1:00, my friend is a Steelers fan and was jonesing over the kick-off.

It wasn't the worst gun show I've been to, but I don't know if I'll make the haul next time. I prefer Marlboro, close enough that I can get there in an hour but far enough that nobody wants to come along. When March rolls around I boogie out of work @ noon and I'm at Wilmington by 12:30 & do my thing and go back with the wife, girls, cousins, boyfriends etc on Sunday. They want Jerky, Tee Shirts, Knives, Jewelry etc. Daddy get me this, Uncle David can you buy me that. As long as I get there on Saturday, I don't care.

Another cool thing is I got to meet Jim Wallace at the GOAL table and chat for a little bit. I didn't know he lived in Newburyport, I thought he was somewhere out in Metro West, he seems like a very nice, down to earth guy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom