Preban / Postban, PostObama?

namedpipes

NES Member
In Mass...

So before the ban we just called them guns.

During the ban we called them wishful thinking and prebans.

Now we call them preban, postban and jailbait.

After the BO ban eventually passes, what do you suppose we'll call the guns for sale now? Tweenbans? Suckerguns? (you suckers - you thought it was over!) Baitguns? (bait & switch)

The pessimist in me says we'll be naming these soon enough.

PS Some editorial license has been taken with the name suggestions...

This is actually a good point... something I've been noodling. If there is a new Obama AWB, and I believe there will be, what happens? If Massachusetts falls in line with the federal ban, does that mean that we in Mass could go out and buy any high cap mags that were built prior to 2009?

I guess what I'm wondering is if the preban date would change in the federal law, and if so, would Massachusetts follow? If so, it would be restrictive for much of the country, but might open up an inventory of guns to Mass residents.

Does any of this make sense? What are your opinions?

Thanks again for raising this thought!

Rich

I did some thinking about all this and it just gave me a headache. In conclusion, IMHO times will definately get difficult for anything that has to do with guns.

My guess would be no changes for us..
I would expect the AG to put together new standards of "product safety regulations" for rifles..

Instant disqualifier.. "able to penetrate 2 school buses at 250 yards"

I am going to do the football coach thing. You people are not thinking like winners. You are thinking like losers. There will be plenty of time to name the tweens if a ban gets put into effect. Lets focus our energies on making sure a ban doesn't get put into effect....

OK all Pre Ban guns will now be referred to as Pre-Pre Ban. Post ban guns will now be Pre New Ban-Post Pre Pre Ban. Any new manufacture will be called OBannas and not be available for sale to the citizens.
And we'll have Spam with Ham and Spam

Prebama's... brilliant name... but what will you call those guns that were created during Obama's reign, but prior to new legislation?

As if the laws were not complicated enough!

Historians will call those the overpriced long awaited EBRs of 08-09. As I am in week 4 of my expected 20 or so wait from Stag. It will be a period we will be able to share with our children and grandchildren. We will be able to make a movie about the hunting and hoarding of 5.56 lowers and LPKs being like finding gasoline in Mad Max- Roadwarrior. Anyone want to put together a screenplay with dramas like 24/7 internet searching and wild throngs scouring gun shows looking for the elusive 2 stage trigger assembly, 30 round pre ban mag or stripped lower.

The ObamoHumungus can comfort the masses with a promise that everything will be ok we we just turn over the EBR's we will be left in peace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TL4XZdyo3g

I think there is a movie there. But what do I know.

Last edited:
If Massachusetts falls in line with the federal ban, does that mean that we in Mass could go out and buy any high cap mags that were built prior to 2009?

HAHAHA! When pigs fly! They will never repeal their sacred AWB in Mass. [rofl]

This is actually a good point... something I've been noodling. If there is a new Obama AWB, and I believe there will be, what happens? If Massachusetts falls in line with the federal ban, does that mean that we in Mass could go out and buy any high cap mags that were built prior to 2009?

I guess what I'm wondering is if the preban date would change in the federal law, and if so, would Massachusetts follow? If so, it would be restrictive for much of the country, but might open up an inventory of guns to Mass residents.

Does any of this make sense? What are your opinions?

Thanks again for raising this thought!

Rich

That would be a pre-bama-post-bush 10 rounder, but after the bamaban it would be a 5 rounder, unless you found a pre-bama-post-bush-preclinton 30 rounder which will all be rare after the post-bama restrictions on magazines and the shift to low recoil/capacity revolvers as mandated by federal law.

That would be a pre-bama-post-bush 10 rounder, but after the bamaban it would be a 5 rounder, unless you found a pre-bama-post-bush-preclinton 30 rounder which will all be rare after the post-bama restrictions on magazines and the shift to low recoil/capacity revolvers as mandated by federal law.

[rofl]

my head hurts.

Thank you for clearing this up! It makes perfect sense now...

Bottom line... buy everything you can now.

[crying]

Rich

We will probably be called Subjects.

And 20yrs from now people will look in awe at the history books and say, "Wow can you imagine that they used to be able to buy and own those"

Just like we do when look in awe to see a full auto tommy available through the Sears mail order catalog for @ $20, no license, paperwork or red tape. free shipping delivered to your door in 4-6 weeks.

OMG! [laugh]

Where can I buy an OMG (Obama Machine Gun)

What caliber would it be? He MUST be compensating for something...

Now if ONLY it came with a silencer!

Caliber: .45 ACP.....stolen from Thompson

Sights: Very Short

Grips: Permanently lubricated with self-replacing grease.

Trigger: Infinitely variable. Obama supporters can (with a secret code) get it down to 2 Lbs. Others will have to deal with a 50 Lb. pull.

Ammo: Depends. If you can get it, .45 ACP. Availability: Depends on who you are. Obama supporters, who contribute greatly, will have a rationed supply available to them. Close-circle intimates will have an unlimited supply. This must be for "security purposes". Am sure you understand.

BBL Length: Infinitely variable....see "Trigger".

Mag Capacity: (1) Ordinary citizens...no mags available. (2) Supporters...limited to one 5-round mag. (3) Insiders....30 round mags, 50-round drums, 100-round drums and 150-round drums availble. Depends on your level of contribution. Again, am sure you understand.

Accessories: (1) Silencer. Only available to the most qualified and intimate of all contributors and insiders. Again, given security considerations, am sure you understand. Can never be too careful.

(2) Sling. Guaranteed to shed all debris. Nothing sticks to it.

(3) Carrying Case: Need to check with Congress first....details forthcoming. May need a subsidy to empower a "startup" industry for these cases.

(4) Cleaning Kit: None available at the present. Look to the future and customer input. The aim is to please.

NOTES: Please understand that all ideas and input must be approved by the ACLU, American Communist Party, Moveon.org, Code Pink, Sierra Club, PETA, various labor unions (too numerous to name, but all is appreciated), and, of course, George Soros.

Thank you very much for your attention and time.

Your team for future outlook.

WTS / WTT

pre-Obama Glock 23, with Night Sights, 2ea., 1rd mags, 2 ea., 10 round preObama mags., 2 ea., preban 13rd mags.

must have a pre-ban authorizaton letter from your CLEO before sale can be made.

first $15k takes it.

i have some pre-Obama ammo I can include on a FA-10-A (ammo form).

PM is best

[rofl]

Back
Top Bottom