Price of 91/30????

Was in a LGS recently who usually has fair prices. He had a typical beat up midwar refurbbed Mosin 91/30 with the billboard for $350.

Is that a bat crap crazy price or is that what they are going for today?

A little high but not bat schmidt crazy. The days of $89 Mosins have gone the way of dial up modems. I have a M44 arsenal rebuild listed for the same price on the forum, and the M44's typically go a little higher than your basic 91/30.

I got my ex-Dragoon from Alan Schisel/Alan's Arsenal off GunBoards for $190. Had to get a cleaning rod and sling. It was missing a Butt Stock screw and he sent me one free.

t

Attachments

• IMG_2855.jpg
    IMG_2855.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 44
Just sold a very clean one for $200. I'll take $350 for my other...

Really? I haven't been able to find such good prices recently but I've been going by LGS, distributors, and auctions and such. Hadn't really gone through the forums at all I may be off here. I snagged a couple nice ones at about that mark from a friend recently but that was friends pricing... and I snagged a $5 beater in the process.

Then again I sold a Hopkins & Allen underhammer for about the same recently (after sitting on it and dropping price) and now I can't fight off the people wanting to pay twice as much. Oh well :/

I have a Chinese 56 that I will let go for $150,and 91/30 that is set up as a PE sniper for $400.

I have a nice 91/30 (hand picked) with a bayonet if anyone is interested...haven’t listed it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input. Sorry this was not an in search of post. I divested myself of Mosins about 3 years ago and only kept 3. I was just surprised to see the $350 price tag on a nothing special 91/30. It looks like it might be a tad high. Glad I am not buying them anymore. A little pricey just like everything else......

$350 is top price I've seen lately.

My mosins:

1943 Izzy 91-30 paid $189 in 2013
1944 Izzy m38 carbine paid $269 in 2014
1952 Polish m44 carbine paid $159 in 2015 (very dark and pitted bore)

Funniest thing.......that pitted bore m44 shoots the tightest group of em all at 50 yards!

The days of sub $200 mosins is over. But $350 is high........I'd say the pre ww2 hex should go above $300 but not a mid war beater.

Just my 2 cents

Saw a few of them in Collectable in Merrimack last week. $289 but I didn't really look at them to see the condition or if they were anything special as I don't want another Mosin. I thought the price was OK for the current market.

You'd think because Trump was put in office by Putin we could get cheap Russian guns again?

I'm no so sure it's really a matter of getting cheap guns from Russia again.
As when they find any remaining surplus over there they know "we" are gobbling up everything mil surp. They see the current prices we pay...so They are not going to give them up cheap again until sales plumit . funny I passed up crates of mosins for 999.00 shipped not long ago.
I think also that a lot of the buyer's for the mosin only bought them for the cheap ammo.
So unless tins of 54r flood the market and get prices south of .35 round I feel the novelty is dead.

I'm joking! Supply & demand = price

I'm no so sure it's really a matter of getting cheap guns from Russia again.
As when they find any remaining surplus over there they know "we" are gobbling up everything mil surp. They see the current prices we pay...so They are not going to give them up cheap again until sales plumit . funny I passed up crates of mosins for 999.00 shipped not long ago.
I think also that a lot of the buyer's for the mosin only bought them for the cheap ammo.
So unless tins of 54r flood the market and get prices south of .35 round I feel the novelty is dead.

Back
Top Bottom