• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pullman Arms, Worcester MA

My experience was that the website is incorrect. I purchased that exact model from Pullman less than a year ago and it came with 2 mags. The website said 1 back then too.

Great piece BTW. If you pick it up and aren't a fan of the stock grip (not a lot of folks are) I recommend the Hogue rubber grip with finger grooves. Made it easier to handle and easier on the hands.

Thanks guys. Just seemed weird. Thanks for the tip on the Hougue grips.

Finally got a chance to stop in to Pullman Arms so here is my little review...

The building is located on Pullman street in Worcester, near an anytime fitness that I frequent often. Over the course of several months I kept noticing a jeep drive by while running on the treadmill at the gym with a "Pullman Arms" logo across the door frame. Anyhow I finally decided to drop in. I was greeted by a gentlemen asking if I was there for Pullman for which I replied yes. It looks like the shop shares a space with a machine shop, but it was not noisy when I was there.

After turning a quick corner left there is a stock room with lots of items. Holsters, targets, half a wall with shelves dedicated to ammunition. Lot's of .380, .45 and large caliber rifle rounds (no 9mm :( ). I was again greeted, this time by Colin who kindly showed me the famous "gun vault". Pretty awesome selection of firearms. I handled several firearms: a two tone HK USP, Beretta 92fs, multiple Remington 1911's, an HK P30, and a VERY nice SW 1911E SC with the Scandium finish...really nice! Colin was very informative and provided background on all of the firearms that I handled and answered all of my questions without hestitation. I have little experience with long guns, but they were definately stocked in them. I handled a Colt AR with a fixed stock that I really liked. Colin broke down the entire rifle and showed me all of the key components and completely explained the entire working process in about 2 minutes.

At this point another gentlemen and his young son came into the vault and began browsing so I moved my attention to picking out some targets to purchase. The firearm prices were very fair. No glocks in there, but the cabinet you first see in the vault is full of used firearms. Everything on the wall is new. Overall I really enjoyed the shop, the employees, and most of all the location (2mile from my house!).

I recommend stopping in and checking out the place. Definately going to make a stop back in soon...

Last edited:
Finally got a chance to stop in to Pullman Arms so here is my little review...

The building is located on Pullman street in Worcester, near an anytime fitness that I frequent often. Over the course of several months I kept noticing a jeep drive by while running on the treadmill at the gym with a "Pullman Arms" logo across the door frame. Anyhow I finally decided to drop in. I was greeted by a gentlemen asking if I was there for Pullman for which I replied yes. It looks like the shop shares a space with a machine shop, but it was not noisy when I was there.

After turning a quick corner left there is a stock room with lots of items. Holsters, targets, half a wall with shelves dedicated to ammunition. Lot's of .380, .45 and large caliber rifle rounds (no 9mm :( ). I was again greeted, this time by Colin who kindly showed me the famous "gun vault". Pretty awesome selection of firearms. I handled several firearms: a two tone HK USP, Beretta 92fs, multiple Remington 1911's, an HK P30, and a VERY nice SW 1911E SC with the Scandium finish...really nice! Colin was very informative and provided background on all of the firearms that I handled and answered all of my questions without hestitation. I have little experience with long guns, but they were definately stocked in them. I handled a Colt AR with a fixed stock that I really liked. Colin broke down the entire rifle and showed me all of the key components and completely explained the entire working process in about 2 minutes.

At this point another gentlemen and his young son came into the vault and began browsing so I moved my attention to picking out some targets to purchase. The firearm prices were very fair. No glocks in there, but the cabinet you first see in the vault is full of used firearms. Everything on the wall is new. Overall I really enjoyed the shop, the employees, and most of all the location (2mile from my house!).

I recommend stopping in and checking out the place. Definately going to make a stop back in soon...

Thank you so much for the great review!

I special-ordered a shotgun from Pullman Arms and I picked it up today.
Their service is excellent. The price was good (unlike another dealer on this forum that I have purchased from).
Everyone in the neat and clean shop is friendly and helpful.
I highly recommend Pullman Arms.
It was worth my trip from Brookline and I would buy from them again.

Just picked up another handgun from Pullman. I have to say it again they are one of the best gun shops I have ever been to. Scott and the whole team are the nicest people to do busniess with. Their prices are very good, their inventory is huge right now, plenty of handguns and long guns, glocks, sigs, beretta, AR's and AK's. STOP DOWN AND CHECK THIS PLACE OUT...WHETHER FOR AMMO OR A GUN. I would put them up in the top 3 guns shops in the state.

For Massachusetts, I find their prices to be quite reasonable. Guess they don't know about the "Mass Premium"! :)

I picked up a revolver I had dropped off there to get some gunsmith work done tonight. Their gunsmith Kyle does great work. Fast, efficient, and knowledgable. Even with all the craziness going on, my wait time wasn't too long. I waited just two days longer than he estimated, and before I could even say anything (which I wouldn't have, like I said the wait wasn't long at all) he compensated me for the extra two days with a small discount. I recommend these guys to anyone looking for a nice pleasant experience in a MA gunshop (we all know that can be tricky these days).
Oh, and some real nice stuff on their wall!! Rem 700's with 16in barrels?!?

Had some smith work done there recently as well. Guys are very customer service oriented, and prices seem reasonable. They even had ammo in stock! I try to stop in when I can to see what they have. Hopefully I can start "investing" again once the house renos are through.

This is a great little shop. They posted a 1911 on here a while back and put it on hold for me when I called. I rushed over the following morning, worried the hold was only good for a few hours but was surprised to hear they willing to hold it for me for the entire day (I guess I didn't have to wake up at 7 am on Saturday morning to rush over [laugh]). The customer service was outstanding and even though I knew what I was going to purchase that day, they let me handle several other 1911s to be sure of what I was getting into since it was my first 1911. Prices on ammo and firearms were all VERY reasonable. Needless to say, it was nice to be in a LGS in MA without feeling like it was a deli counter. Even though they're over an hour drive out from me, I'll continue to shop here.

One slight flaw is, if all the employees are busy and out of the vault/gun room, you can't be in there alone to browse the firearms. I understand they don't want anyone in there unsupervised to be be able to tuck away some nice hand guns but hopefully this will change if they are able to expand to a bigger shop.

Last edited:
Picked up a new S&W from them. They seem to get the guns the other stores wish they could get.
Second purchase, very happy with them even though its an hour ride. Its worth it.

Awesome little shop, drove out there to pick up a transfer. Clean, organized, and chock full of great firearms. No racks and racks of old crap "grandpa" shotguns and rifles here.

They had a great selection of S&W 1911s and SIG 1911s and other pistols. Prices seemed competitive, next new firearm I am looking for I will certainly give them a call.

Not well marked from the street, I had trouble finding them at night. The door does not face the street.

Chris

I've had tremendous experiences at Pullman. Super nice people, never a hassle and I often find pieces that much larger shops don't have. They are the only guys left that still have LC9s in the state new. I always check their inventory on line. I also like they are open Mondays and can do their own gunsmithing and machining right there. Top notch and pound for pound my very favorite gun shop in MA.

Have been looking for a specific handgun, after several calls all over MA, found what I was looking for at Pullman Arms. They said they would hold it until I could get there later in the day. So, off I went. Nice shop, lots of guns, both new and used, ammo and accessories. Great people in shop, can't say enough! Very good experience. I never even knew they were there, 1 minute off RT. 190. I'll definitely go back.

Another recommend - I got some real black powder and some 15-22 magazines there. I just can't spend too much time or I'll spend too much money.

Stopped by to buy a new 1911 today. Wish I had caught the name of the kid who took care of me, but A++ to him. I had my 9 month old son w/ me, and he realized I was stressed for time before my kid started acting up (in car seat), had me in out within 15 minutes, with excellent communication and pleasantries to boot. A handshake at the end of a transaction goes a long way in my book. These guys are my favorite in MA. Never disappoint.

All good to know. I'm around the corner from their shop and never bothered to check 'em out. This thread bumps them to the top of my to-do list!

Stopped by to buy a new 1911 today. Wish I had caught the name of the kid who took care of me, but A++ to him. I had my 9 month old son w/ me, and he realized I was stressed for time before my kid started acting up (in car seat), had me in out within 15 minutes, with excellent communication and pleasantries to boot. A handshake at the end of a transaction goes a long way in my book. These guys are my favorite in MA. Never disappoint.
Probably Conner, he is a great kid

Been there once and I agree with the postings here. Clean shop, nice selection of guns in the vault, friendly and helpful staff. and good prices.
They had a box full of pre-ban AK mags when I went, should have picked up a couple.

Have not been in a while, was happy to see the other day they now have an efficient way to pay and get going. Used to be a bottleneck when it's busy. A ton of new stock too.

Back
Top Bottom