• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Purchase while delayed? Weird situation.

Got my first ever NICS delay, strange considering the piles of licenses I've accumulated over the years (and lack of felonies), and my VERY unique last name (less than 150 of us in the country) so I'm waiting out the three days until I can pick up my new pistol... In the mean time, I've sold a pistol and long gun F2F and I've got a deal going to purchase a different pistol. Thing is, the guy wants to go to a shop and do a transfer.

Got me thinking, can I do another NICS check while my first one is delayed? Will it automatically be delayed, or potentially make the process even more annoying? I've passed many (many) NICS without delay before but I'm seriously considering getting a UPIN just because.

Pleased (and puzzled) to report that my NICS was quick and easy. My other NICS from earlier in the week is still "delayed".

Explain that, Federal Gubmint! And a resounding "thanks Obama" was had by all.

Only differences 1) different FFL shop and firearm for each transaction, obviously, and 2) the former was a paper form called in while the latter was done by E-Check.

Called in depends on the accuracy of the clerk on the other end of the line. I would assume that if one of the entries they made didn't match what's in the computer, it was kicked to delayed until it was checked out. They don't pay those people to think, or make decisions.

Back
Top Bottom