Really good video of KFC manager fighting robber

He apparently never go the memo that only persons employed by the government should resist - all other should do exactly as they are told by the criminal.

Seriously though, the bad guy had the drop on him. At what point would he have had the opportunity to draw? He reacted quickly when he realized the gun wasn't going to fire, but I'm not sure he could have done much before that.

Time to find another job[wink]

The rifle kinda looks like a 22 of some kind. Apparently the dumb
criminal didn't know how to load it.

I would have preferred to see the guy draw and do a mag/cylinder
dump on the criminal, with the criminal becoming DRT. [laugh]

-Mike

Yup - 22cal http://www.wcnc.com/localbusiness/localbusiness/stories/wcnc-101607-krg-kfc_robbery.178be8d0a.html

A few good opportunities to take out a kneecap with a kick. That's a nice scenario to practice.

No doubt weapons are forbidden to employees of KFC by corporate policy. But if I had used up my luck by getting a misfire in the head, I'd consider my options for self-defense and career change. When the ATM says no balance left, a fast-food or convenience store, at closing time, with one employee present, is the top of the hit list.

Sadly, this crime will be categorized by liberal anti-gun researchers as "workplace violence" involving an employee and a firearm in a state with lax gun laws.

That video is insane; I don't want to but yet can imagine the adrenaline rush once he heard that trigger /hammer drop on an empty chamber.

Too bad the manager didn't have a good quality, easy open knife. He could have moved the muzzle to the right and ducked under it to place some cold, sharp steel up the BG's rectum. Rectum, yup, it sure would. I bet that jerk BG will return for a second chance at killing the manager. You can't be chicken and serve it.
Best Regards.

I would say as soon as the rifle went 'click' it was time to draw and start shooting. Until then, yes the BG has the drop, but while he's wondering why he didn't get a bang its time to give him one.

I dunno how useful a knife would have been, given the struggle to control the gun, I think keeping the gun busy wins there. YMMV though.

Sadly this is a daily worry for me, as I work in a Cho Empowerment Zone (university in Mass).

AE

Seriously though, the bad guy had the drop on him. At what point would he have had the opportunity to draw? He reacted quickly when he realized the gun wasn't going to fire, but I'm not sure he could have done much before that.

Time to find another job[wink]

+1

It seems to me that these videos would be a good one for those that question why we want the right to ccw. Alarm going off, long fight (or what appears to be a fairly long struggle) and still no cops show up. Not the cops' fault but I personally can't see how anyone in his situation wouldn't want a more viable option. The guy fighting the bad guy had quite a bit of work to do to deal with that scum bag!

i bet that criminal wont be able to renew his LTC now....because we all know criminals have LTC's and use their lawfully purchased firearms in robberys right :/

good video tho, i wonder if it was a dud or what... god was with that guy that night for sure tho

That video is insane; I don't want to but yet can imagine the adrenaline rush once he heard that trigger /hammer drop on an empty chamber.

I agree. This is what really stood out to me: the BG actually pulled the trigger on that rifle while the barrel is sitting at point blank range from the guy's head. And it looked like the safe was still locked! It's just completely beyond my ken. I can't imagine the feeling of hearing that hammer drop, and I simply can't fathom the reason that the BG had for pulling the trigger.

I know, "reason" doesn't come into play at all with people like that. But still, WTF?!

Back
Top Bottom