retro AR: help put together shopping list

$479: Think it is Massachusetts legal?

It looks like an upper, LPK, barrel, front sight base, and furniture, with some miscellany thrown in. The barrel is threaded, so you would have to permanently attach a muzzle brake if you're putting it on a post ban lower, and potentially have the bayonet lug ground off (I can't tell from the low res pic if there is one on the FSB) to make it MA AWB compliant.

How about something like this? M16A4 clone from BCM? No frills, classic look and reliability that BCM is known for.

That doesn't have the triangular front stock, and I think it has the removable handle. I really don't care if it has a threaded barrel, muzzle brake, or bayonet lug, but would have preferred it if it were available here. I don't want to put in a placeholder just because.

That doesn't have the triangular front stock, and I think it has the removable handle. I really don't care if it has a threaded barrel, muzzle brake, or bayonet lug, but would have preferred it if it were available here. I don't want to put in a placeholder just because.

True, it is not an exact replica of the SP1. I still consider it a "classic" look versus the "tactical" rifles that are so abundant these days.

I only mentioned permanently attaching a brake and removing the bayo lug to speak to your questions about MA AWB compliance, assuming you would put said parts kit on a post-ban lower.

Good luck in your search!

Im surprised Century doesnt offer a mass compliant model....they make a california break open ? Cant they just bubba up the bayo lug and weld on the break.
I thought about the kit and was thinking of just getting the barreled crowned and remove the threads all together,

Model 1 offers 20" kits with A2 uppers and triangular handguards. The handguards are out of stock at the moment, but they normally offer them.

Doing it myself, or actually with help at Remsport, I could put this together:

chrome bolt $69
lower parts kit (including trigger kit) $63
lower: $98
barrel (stainless 16", so should be less for "regular" barrel) $135?
upper (less the bolt above): ???
triangular handguard: $30

This comes to $395 + whatever the cost of the upper (less bolt) currently is. Not sure about sights. Anything missing?

Last edited:

chrome bolt $69

This comes to $395 + whatever the cost of the upper (less bolt) currently is. Not sure about sights. Anything missing?

Bolt carrier, probably another $50-100.
Stripped upper $70-120
Fwd assist and dust cover, not sure of cost.

chrome bolt $69

Your going to need an upper receiver, bolt carrier, gas block and tube, stock, buffer tube and buffer spring, barrel nut, delta ring, handguard cap and charging handle. Probably adds up to another $250-$300 depending on what you choose for parts.

Last edited:
It seems the stock is the real key part to getting this looking the way I want. In the meantime, I could go with pretty much any cheap stock with the rest of the rifle as is. Hey Pilgrim, do you still have that stock you didn't use? How much? Thanks.

I routinely replace the standard safety with an ambi or left hand one (I'm a lefty), and one of my standard triggers from an LPK was replaced by a White Oak one. ...

Dibs?

...I actually bought new plastic from rockriver arms and it looks too perfect, so I didn't use it.

Dibs?

why not buy a mass compliant model and replace the hand guards with the triangular retro handguards....I have seen them for as little as 25.00. Dont want a break, how about a varmit model with a nice target crown on the barrel.

Kind of what I was going for. Again, I don't need the flash hider/muzzle break nor the bayonet lug. Just a plain jane barrel will do.

I imagine that and the plain jane stock would be less expensive than the collapsible stuff and the fancy nancy barrels, right?

Wait, by "replica", do they mean the entire replica rifle, or just replica parts?

Anyone else have a source for these? I thought there were warehouses full of these old things.

Saw a new image tonight:

ehg45x.jpg

While searching for this posting, I found these:

Retro Pictures...

Retro Black Rifle Stuff, Enjoy

Back
Top Bottom