Rifle advice

In my small house I find an AR or AK nor practical. Even if just from a noise / muzzle flash stand point.

Popping off a 12 in a house isn't loud? [rofl] I must've missed the memo on that.

Most of this "long guns for HD" stuff is mall cop Gecko45 fantasy stuff anyways... outside of special circumstances, you're more likely to use whatever the closest thing is, which for a lot of us, is a carry gun. So while I have a shotgun around for "if the balloon goes up" realistically speaking I know I'm more likely to actually use the pistol that is typically either on my person or less than 3 feet from me.

-Mike

The SBR also has the advantage of setting everything around the muzzle on fire from the giant flames coming outta there with the bullet. ;)

An AR, you betcha.

- - - Updated - - -

1396667563_zps3cc74743.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro - typos are from the GD auto correct unless they are funny substitutions those I'll take credit for.

Last edited:
Who said it wasn't loud?

You alluded to noise and muzzle blast as being a consideration. I don't think an M4Gery/AK/12GA are really all that much different inside, they're all going to be well into "full retard" territory.

-Mike

Popping off a 12 in a house isn't loud? [rofl] I must've missed the memo on that.

Most of this "long guns for HD" stuff is mall cop Gecko45 fantasy stuff anyways... outside of special circumstances, you're more likely to use whatever the closest thing is, which for a lot of us, is a carry gun. So while I have a shotgun around for "if the balloon goes up" realistically speaking I know I'm more likely to actually use the pistol that is typically either on my person or less than 3 feet from me.

-Mike

This. Even an SBR won't fit in a regular sized drawer. It's a practical issue.

Oh, and add that a 16" AR15 will likely be shorter and easier the maneuver, as well as recoil far less, then an 18" shotgun in tight quarters, never mind the shorty I posted.

Completely agree.

And a 12ga is definitely loud indoors. But I'd rather have my AR vs a shotty for a multitude of reasons. This thread is confusing.

Because this is NES and it's more important to tear apart the technical terms in someone's post than to attempt to answer their question (alternately, to simply tell them to search something themselves), I'd like to correct the several people in the thread that referred to M16s as assault rifles. However, it wouldn't apply to an M16, since the term, as coined by the Nazis, referred to rifles of an intermediate caliber with select fire capability - 5.56 would never be considered an intermediate caliber. So all the smart asses who found it more worthwhile to pick apart the OP's terminology than to actually provide help, but didn't know what you were talking about yourself, you can suck it.

And what's with the tendency on NES to be afraid to let a new thread run once in a while even if it's been covered before? If we didn't duplicate threads every so often, there would be five enormous threads on NES:

1. AR vs AK
2. Glock vs 1911
3. Why the 9mm is a useless round that wouldn't reliably kill a housecat, much less an intruder
4. Over penetration in a home defense situation (this would be the thread that makes you dumber as you read because of all the misinformation it would contain)
5. Why everything Obama does is related to him being a Muslim and hating America

Because this is NES and it's more important to tear apart the technical terms in someone's post than to attempt to answer their question (alternately, to simply tell them to search something themselves), I'd like to correct the several people in the thread that referred to M16s as assault rifles. However, it wouldn't apply to an M16, since the term, as coined by the Nazis, referred to rifles of an intermediate caliber with select fire capability - 5.56 would never be considered an intermediate caliber. So all the smart asses who found it more worthwhile to pick apart the OP's terminology than to actually provide help, but didn't know what you were talking about yourself, you can suck it.

While I agree with your dislike of people jumping down the OP throat on the "assault weapon" band wagon, most of your post here is

[bs2]

The 5.56 round in considered an intermediate small arms caliber

Which parts of my post are BS? The definition of assault rifle? The fact that people spend more time moaning about a thread being similar to another thread than actually trying to help when someone asks a question? Please, elaborate. I'd love to hear more about the BS in my post.

Which parts of my post are BS? The definition of assault rifle? The fact that people spend more time moaning about a thread being similar to another thread than actually trying to help when someone asks a question? Please, elaborate. I'd love to hear more about the BS in my post.

Dude, kick rocks. I corrected his improper use of the words assault weapon and then provided him with the help he was looking for. Go find a high horse somewhere else to sit on.

I'm just trying to understand NES etiquette. Which things are ok to nitpick and which things are off limits? Some people get called out for talking out their asses and some people don't. Is there a sticky thread I can refer to? People - more than you - piled on for several pages about the OP's terminology and at least a few had no idea what they were talking about themselves. Just figured while we were correcting people we could make sure everyone was included.

I'm just trying to understand NES etiquette. Which things are ok to nitpick and which things are off limits? Some people get called out for talking out their asses and some people don't. Is there a sticky thread I can refer to? People - more than you - piled on for several pages about the OP's terminology and at least a few had no idea what they were talking about themselves. Just figured while we were correcting people we could make sure everyone was included.

What are you talking about are posters that don't read the entire thread before posting. They respond to either the first post, or the first post they see that they want to comment on. It is not exclusive to NES, and I wish people would just click the multi quote icon on posts they want to respond to while they read and finish the thread, but this is the internet, and people are gonna jump to throw their $.02 in.

Like making up a bunch of BS about how 5.56 isn't an intermediate round, blah blah blah???

Spend 20 of the 800, go green, research and become educated first.

What's 'go green' mean? I found some interesting definitions but don't think they're appropriate:

go green
When one saves fossil fuels by masturbating at home rather than paying a woman to drive all the way over for sex.
Q: Are you still paying that woman to drive over to your home and have sex with you?

A: No. I have decided to turn over a new leaf and go green.

Cool thanks, count me in. I have to pay more than that to Mass Soccer just for the privilege of playing amateur soccer in the state of Massachusetts. And they don't offer gun raffles.

<--- it's green already, nice.

Some of the best twenty-something clams I spend every year.

Back
Top Bottom