Ruger MKIV Recall

If the gun companies really cared about safety they would never sell unsafe products. Their bottom line is money, safety is only secondary to that. Taking their products to the next level sometimes means sidestepping safety.

If the gun companies really cared about safety they would never sell unsafe products. Their bottom line is money, safety is only secondary to that. Taking their products to the next level sometimes means sidestepping safety.

define unsafe. Do you think Toyota and MB knowingly sell "unsafe products"? Recalls will always be a part of life, especially where safety is concerned.

define unsafe. Do you think Toyota and MB knowingly sell "unsafe products"? Recalls will always be a part of life, especially where safety is concerned.

Maybe your too young to remember this but Ford knew their Pinto's were fire hazards when they sold them. It's only after people started dying that they finally took some action, AKA recall. The truth is this is the real world and it is it a very completive world that is driven by money. But you are right about one thing, recalls will always be part of life. That is as long as the all mighty buck rules.

I sure remember that. Those Ford Pinto's were blowing up when they were rear ended. According to everything I read back then Ford weighted out the cost of a recall vs. paying lawsuits. How many people died a fiery death because of their greed ? Do companies allow unsafe product to be sold. you had better believe it.

Ruger called me yesterday since I hadn't sent mine in. I told them since I installed a Volquartsen kit that I didn't want to take it out to send it back in and that I wasn't having a problem with mine. They said several others had said the same thing and that they would send me a paper stating why it wasn't sent in and that I should keep it with my pistol.

I got my lower back today!! Yes, I did get free mag with it. The safety does feel better, or stronger to me. I will give Ruger credit too for the turnaround time. At about a week, that's pretty good to me.

Back
Top Bottom