Savage 10pc or Remington 700 LTR

I am thinking of purchasing a bolt action 308. I have narrowed my list to two. Savage 10pc or Remington 700 LTR. Not looking for a 1000 yard shot. My do up to 600 yards.

The Savage is less expensive and the AccuTrigger is very nice but it comes with a cheap factory stock. I like the Remington 700 LTR. Is more money but comes with slimmed down HS Precision stock and has a free floating barrel.

I already have a scope, SWFA's SS10x42M. I know there are better scopes out there but I have this one to start with.

Which one would you buy.

Any suggestions?

The Savage PC comes with the accustock. Got one and love it! You will not need to replace the stock. I have both the 700 and the PC. I prefer the PC hands down.

Edit: just read your scope choice as well. The fixed power SWFA should do you just fine. I put an elite 10x on mine and have not felt the need to upgrade. It performs just fine. I think you would find it a nice rig.

Last edited:
I think it depends on what you want to do with it. I would say rem 700 because the aftermarket triggers available for the savage suck. I am not sure how much the savages cost but it is pretty hard to get a good stock for under 300.00. If you are going to shoot it the way you buy it you can't go wrong with either.

Back
Top Bottom