ShotShow 2024

If you don't make it there can't be any demand. Idk what the total capacity of a flush fit full size mag would be for .30 Super, there's been speculation it could hold 25. If it can, that's incredible, I don't see how an 8mm with 9mm performance that holds 25 wouldn't sell decently enough when 5.7 has a niche that keeps generating sales.

Until that full size concept pistol for .30 comes about, there will never be any demand. If the best .30 Super can do is fit an extra 2 in a doublestack compared to 9mm, then it's a dead cartridge.
It's a dead cartridge because it's a dumb idea in a space mostly occupied by 9mm. Even if it held 25, nobody gives a shit. That's still too big of a gap to cross to switch a caliber.

Further, 5.7 is still just a novelty, even if it sells better than other niche cartridges it's still statistically irrelevant in an overall picture of gun sales. 5.7 is "i buy a gun a month and i have a grand in my pocket this month and no gun assigned, ill buy a 5.7!!!! " That's not a reliable, large base.

Go sell some guns for awhile and you'll soon learn nearly everything you previously believed about the US handgun market is completely wrong.

It's a dead cartridge because it's a dumb idea in a space mostly occupied by 9mm. Even if it held 25, nobody gives a shit. That's still too big of a gap to cross to switch a caliber.

Further, 5.7 is still just a novelty, even if it sells better than other niche cartridges it's still statistically irrelevant in an overall picture of gun sales. 5.7 is "i buy a gun a month and i have a grand in my pocket this month and no gun assigned, ill buy a 5.7!!!! " That's not a reliable, large base.

Go sell some guns for awhile and you'll soon learn nearly everything you previously believed about the US handgun market is completely wrong.
Who was it that wrote to Ruger demanding they make a certain gun and was pissed off because Ruger didn't reply and didn't make the gun?

If you don't make it there can't be any demand. Idk what the total capacity of a flush fit full size mag would be for .30 Super, there's been speculation it could hold 25. If it can, that's incredible, I don't see how an 8mm with 9mm performance that holds 25 wouldn't sell decently enough when 5.7 has a niche that keeps generating sales.

Until that full size concept pistol for .30 comes about, there will never be any demand. If the best .30 Super can do is fit an extra 2 in a doublestack compared to 9mm, then it's a dead cartridge.
Meh.

In my opinion, the only calibers we need are either more big boy calibers, basically anything more powerful than 44mag, or companies to continue pushing the boundaries with higher BC bullets, and flatter shooting cartridges.

The little sh*t is saturated.

Last edited:
Shite according to my research.

They had a 9mm that will blow up if you put +P in it.... which isn't that powerful in the grand scheme of things

I think is was the DB9 or something. Seemed cool but no ty.

Basically a gimmick gun. I’d rather take a snake slayer over it any day, atleast I would know it’s limitations and know it will only be good at poker table distances.

Nice. Thank you.

Those guns are bad enough that places that gladly sell tauruses and hi points wouldn't stock them.

There were a fair amount on the forms too. When I saw a guy post a pic of it spanning his entire hand, with a note not to use +P, I knew to stay far away.
I think some people even blew them up with regular ammo too but not 100% sure. I wish i could find the one blown in half. It was pretty stunning, everything in front of the grip parted ways..... 🤣

I think some people even blew them up with regular ammo too but not 100% sure. I wish i could find the one blown in half. It was pretty stunning, everything in front of the grip parted ways..... 🤣
Yeah, even hot ammo like Blazer I wouldn’t trust it. It was a very small 9 and just didn’t even look engineered well in terms of the Polymer or machining specs. I never knew about the complete failures until today but happy I went with my gut on it.

Yeah, even hot ammo like Blazer I wouldn’t trust it. It was a very small 9 and just didn’t even look engineered well in terms of the Polymer or machining specs. I never knew about the complete failures until today but happy I went with my gut on it.
CCI Blazer Brass is actually pretty weak. Blazer 115 particularly. I still wouldn't trust a DB9 with.... anything in it. Even shit like a Keltec P11, PF9, or a SAUCEY (sccy) CPX-1 is a way better gun. At least those don't usually blow up in someones hands randomly. 🤣

CCI Blazer Brass is actually pretty weak. Blazer 115 particularly. I still wouldn't trust a DB9 with.... anything in it. Even shit like a Keltec P11, PF9, or a SAUCEY (sccy) CPX-1 is a way better gun. At least those don't usually blow up in someones hands randomly. 🤣
SCCY 😂😂😂 That’s a CRITICAL STRIKE! 💥💥💥

Meh.

In my opinion, the only calibers we need are either more big boy calibers, basically anything more powerful than 44mag, or companies to continue pushing the boundaries with higher BC bullets, and flatter shooting cartridges.

The little sh*t is saturated.
It's not, there's far less different models available for smaller than .380 calibers than larger and many of them suck. Put a smaller caliber in a good pistol instead of a POS and it has potential. Stuff the .32 in a Beretta 3032 Framecracker or the .30 Super in a Shield Queasy and it's setup for failure.

You are right about having more options for greater power than .44 Mag, the only choices rn for a double action .460 and .500 are S&W and Taurus, .480 is only Ruger, .454 it's just Ruger and Taurus. There could be more, but like with small calibers, there's not much demand for huge hand cannons either and that's largely due to cost for the gun and the ammo and neither of those are ever going to change.

Only way you're going to get flatter shooting in a handgun is by going smaller in caliber and via bottlenecks, which were quite popular when semi autos began, but have proven to be unpopular in handguns for the past 80 years.

I guess we shouldn't be holding out on the Luger making a comeback then, eh?
My point is in modern production firearms should be able to handle 9 mm plus P without much of an issue. In reality most guns can take a lot more than that even. I don't know what it actually takes to blow up a Luger but I bet a Luger is still stronger than the f***ing DB9. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom