ShotShow 2024

@Broc

S&W at it again. No new ideas since the volcanic 😁
Those 2 guys are a bunch of fags. Talking about removing the tube like it is such an innovation and being so excited about the "tactical" lever action.

"Tactical John Wick Gun"

Another sh*t SW product.
Can't wait to hear all the people complaining about this gun.

And why the hell didn’t they make it in 500SW?!
Isn’t there only one company making 500 lever guns and they’re fairly expensive if I recall.
Well 44 mag will sell a shit ton more of. 500 is a niche gun...but should be offered as well.

I hate plastic tactical leverguns. The wood one looks pretty OK.

And why the hell didn’t they make it in 500SW?!
Isn’t there only one company making 500 lever guns and they’re fairly expensive if I recall.
SW is 100% run by monkeys with spreadsheets. They will f*ck up a gun in order to save $10 on a cutting tool. That how hard they skinflint.

But, SW has size, money and name recognition on their side. They can flood every gun store with their junk. For every person like me, that won't buy their crap, there are hundreds that don't care and will buy it.

The SW of the early 2000s would be manufacturing the lever action in 500, and the Ruger of the early 2000s would not allow them to be the only company offering a somewhat affordable large caliber lever action.

But that won't happen anymore.

Soon they will release the "performance center" lever action. They will put lipstick on it and charge $500 more, and people will buy it thinking "OMG, Performance Center, must be super tactical".

I hope eventually otjer companies start offering something different. Henry at least is doing something with guns like the Longranger. The market for 357 and 44 is so saturated.

Looks like Winchester picked up the 45/90 production.
Would love to see them produce more 45/120 and 50/120. But that is a very unique market of non-pussies and studs. For everyone else, I guess they have the 357, 45, 44 ...

Last edited:
Here's an example of a company doing the right thing. The Ruger LC carbine came in 5.7, and nobody wanted it. Well, the rifle was cool, but the ammo cost was insane.
Introducing Ruger LC Carbine in 45ACP! I hope the next version of LC will be in 9mm, and we can all forget about the ugliest rifle ever produced: the Ruger PC carbine

I got excited about NAA's new product this weekend, but realized that my original pessimistic prediction of a Sidewinder or Black Widow with better sights was going to end up being it and I was right.

Whatever.

[rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl] Fuggin retards! know your market......WTF. Guess they should have made it 500 SW about as many people will buy them.
I was reading the comments on the S&W’s FB post and someone claims the wood blued model may or may not come with a matching model 29. No idea where that came from.

I saw that video. Time will tell.

Yeah, but I give DD an upfront credit of trust when it comes to weapon build quality and reliability. We’ll see, but I don’t have any doubts on its quality. Just whether or not it’s a flop that fizzles out because nobody wants to spend that kind of money on a tool pistol.

Yeah, but I give DD an upfront credit of trust when it comes to weapon build quality and reliability. We’ll see, but I don’t have any doubts on its quality. Just whether or not it’s a flop that fizzles out because nobody wants to spend that kind of money on a tool pistol.
DD has never done much beyond the AR platform. This is their first foray into the handgun market. Perhaps it took them 4 years to learn how to design handguns.

Just to be clear: this is the limited edition, high-end version price. Here's the $1200 regular edition:
13812-sw-LA_Rifle-OnWhite_Right-cutout__41812.1705333381.1280.1280.png

The fact that it's an 1854 pattern rifle opens it up to a virtually unlimited market of stocks and forends.

The internet: Keltec makes neat ideas out of crap material to horrible standards. Someone should make their stuff but like.... better.

S&W: makes a gun that fits the same role but doesn't suck

The internet
HOW DARE SOMEONE MAKE SOMETHING SORT OF LIKE A KEL TEC THAT DOESN'T SUCK!!!!!!1!!!!!!

the hellion is as much of a copy of the rdb as the fpc is a copy of the sub2k.

Not sure if this has been said, but the Hellion isn't a copy of anything "Keltec", certainly not the RDB. The Springfield Hellion is based on the Croation VHS-2 Bullpup currently in service with the Croation Army.

"Based on the internationally proven VHS-2 bullpup, which has been employed by the Croatian armed forces in demanding environments ranging from Iraq to Africa and beyond, the Springfield Armory Hellion offers American shooters a semi-automatic 5.56mm version of this highly capable firearm."

1705956480407.png

I don’t have any experience with DD, so i don’t have any way to judge DD’s ability to design and manufacture a handgun.

DD has never done much beyond the AR platform. This is their first foray into the handgun market. Perhaps it took them 4 years to learn how to design handguns.

They have plenty of engineers and massive manufacturing capabilities. Handguns aren’t a mystery. But yeah, I’m sure some of that time was spent setting up tooling and getting a group of engineers up to speed on all the details of the H9.

Just to be clear: this is the limited edition, high-end version price. Here's the $1200 regular edition:
13812-sw-LA_Rifle-OnWhite_Right-cutout__41812.1705333381.1280.1280.png

The fact that it's an 1854 pattern rifle opens it up to a virtually unlimited market of stocks and forends.
I see no trace of the historic toggle-link design they are supposedly paying homage to by the name. Instead, it's a synthesis of Marlin 1894, Marlin 1895, and Henry Big Boy (itself derived from the Marlins) designs. But it's cool to see it being made out of stainless steel instead of just being coated to look like stainless. I hope magazine tube bracket stays put better than it does on Henry Big Boys.

Back
Top Bottom