• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shout out to fsguns

I actually think that would be a nice BUG. Light, easy to conceal. What? it weights like 6 oz. Yea it's limited to 2 shots but if you stick it up their nose and pull, they're toast. Same with the seecamp that's pretty much what it is, stick it up their nose and pull.

I've not seen one up close and personal though.

If you get an opportunity please fill us in on your impressions, I'll do the same.

I'll buy the first one I see. It's .45. You don't even need to stick it up their nose first.

I only wish the local gun store owners around Wareham would take a ride to Four Seasons, and pick up some retail knowledge. Hopefully they could see what costumers want, and maybe their stores wouldn't be empty.

Last edited:
I only wish the local gun stores around Wareham would take a ride to Four Seasons, and pick up some retail knowledge. Maybe they could see what costumers want, and their stores wouldn't be empty.

My brother in law had a bad experience with other stors as well, he once went into a shop looking to buy a pistol that came with a extended mag and the guy would not get him the mag that came with that gun, he only would give him a aftermarket one to look at because he did not want to dig it out from the back room. My brother in law is very picky about what he buys and if he cant see a gun with its origonal parts on it he wont buy it. guy lost a sale that day.

I have purchased 7 or 8 guns and a bunch of other stuff from Four Seasons. They are a great shop, which is why you can barely move in there when they are open, and their prices are usually unbeatable.

I have done business with a lot of shops and FS is my favorite, right after Acme Armament.

FS website is much better than 99% of gun stores out there. I like the fact that they update it and you dont see pics with a 2008 date next to them.

The guys at Hunters Trading Posts in Braintree should go get some customer service lessons from them. (except Hunter, he is a nice dude).

I have been stopping in at FS for years, and have bought a number of guns there. But could someone please explain to me why, after a selection is made and the paperwork needs to be filled out, they don't have a separate area - away from the display cases - to complete the transaction? It seems pretty stupid to have paperwork being completed in the same place where people are trying to see the product!

My 2 cents...

Totally agree! Carl needs to take over the office space adjacent to him to better facilitate the whole purchasing process...I don't go in there any more on weekends, just to crowded.

I have been stopping in at FS for years, and have bought a number of guns there. But could someone please explain to me why, after a selection is made and the paperwork needs to be filled out, they don't have a separate area - away from the display cases - to complete the transaction? It seems pretty stupid to have paperwork being completed in the same place where people are trying to see the product!

My 2 cents...

Outside of the state of MA, this is the standard procedure for purchasing firearms... you fill out the 4473 right there on the glass case. From the largest chains like Cabelas/Bass Pro/Dicks/Impact/Buds, to the smallest mom and pop gun shops, the 4473 is filled out at the counter.

Outside of the state of MA, this is the standard procedure for purchasing firearms... you fill out the 4473 right there on the glass case. From the largest chains like Cabelas/Bass Pro/Dicks/Impact/Buds, to the smallest mom and pop gun shops, the 4473 is filled out at the counter.

For most gun shops, that works fine. One or two folks at a time (maybe three) means plenty of room for everyone. But that's not Four Seasons - especially on the weekends. They are more like a crowded gun show most days of the week.

And yet, when you go to a gun show and buy a gun, what do the bigger vendors do? Bring you to a separate area of their display area to do the the paperwork - out of the way of potential customers who are looking and dealing.

Just an observation - it would be in their interests and the customer's if they could establish a separate area - say that little corner area on the far right when you come in - to do paperwork.

For most gun shops, that works fine. One or two folks at a time (maybe three) means plenty of room for everyone. But that's not Four Seasons - especially on the weekends. They are more like a crowded gun show most days of the week.

And yet, when you go to a gun show and buy a gun, what do the bigger vendors do? Bring you to a separate area of their display area to do the the paperwork - out of the way of potential customers who are looking and dealing.

Just an observation - it would be in their interests and the customer's if they could establish a separate area - say that little corner area on the far right when you come in - to do paperwork.

Maybe they want to keep an eye on all their guns.

letter sent to fs guns after bad customer service experience

I was recently in your store, I do not know who reads this but I hope is someone important enough so this does not happen again. I was recently in your store bought a few weapons and ammo . One thing yes your prices are great however I believe that the customer service needs to be better when dealing with other ethnic backgrounds. I have two examples on how I feel as I was discriminated against No. 1 once I paid for everything the sale person goes to the back to do the background. Everyone that I observed that went prior to me were given a bag with the weapons or left on the counter. In my situation the guy took the guns away so I would not have a hold of them as if I was going to walk away with them. While I was observing the guns I overheard one of the sales man saying to another customer all accessories and ammo are 2% off your final purchase. While checking out I asked him if I received the 2% off on the ammo he said we do not do that, and ask another salesman (the one I overheard saying it earlier). He said no we do not do that earlier. I hope that this message gets through to someone and actually is read. It was my first time in and my last time in there, you lost a customer. I will be writing this review and posting it on forums. Maybe something is changed due to this.

As a white male in my 20s... They always take my purchase and put it behind the counter while they go in the back to call. And I have only ever recieved the 2% cash discount on firearms and not ammo. I do believe you're wrong in both accounts.

P.s. I think I have deja vu.

As a white male in my 20s... They always take my purchase and put it behind the counter while they go in the back to call. And I have only ever recieved the 2% cash discount on firearms and not ammo. I do believe you're wrong in both accounts.

P.s. I think I have deja vu.

I am a clean-cut honky in my 30s and sometimes my purchases go behind the counter and sometimes they don't, depends on the sales guy.

Chris

I was recently in your store, I do not know who reads this but I hope is someone important enough so this does not happen again. I was recently in your store bought a few weapons and ammo . One thing yes your prices are great however I believe that the customer service needs to be better when dealing with other ethnic backgrounds. I have two examples on how I feel as I was discriminated against No. 1 once I paid for everything the sale person goes to the back to do the background. Everyone that I observed that went prior to me were given a bag with the weapons or left on the counter. In my situation the guy took the guns away so I would not have a hold of them as if I was going to walk away with them. While I was observing the guns I overheard one of the sales man saying to another customer all accessories and ammo are 2% off your final purchase. While checking out I asked him if I received the 2% off on the ammo he said we do not do that, and ask another salesman (the one I overheard saying it earlier). He said no we do not do that earlier. I hope that this message gets through to someone and actually is read. It was my first time in and my last time in there, you lost a customer. I will be writing this review and posting it on forums. Maybe something is changed due to this.

Instead of posting this on a forum, why don't you call the store and talk to the owner?

As the others have said I beleive it all depends on who the sales person is and may how busy the store may be at that time. I have bought a couple firearms from them and both times they put the stuff behind the counter while making the call and i'm a cracka in my mid 30's. Also I don't claim to be a pro at how they work but i beleive the discount you may have over heard is if your buying a firearm with cash opposed to credit (stores get charged per swipe for people paying with credit cards). Also instead of bashing the place on forums why not call the owner and talk to him about it ?

I was not there so i dont know exactly what was sed but as stated you only get 2% off cash gun purchases, and depending on who is helping you and if they know you, they may put your gun behind the counter no big deal.

First, it appears you're mistaken. Second, why immediately assume your ethnicity had anything to do with a perceived slight?

Dissin' ya.

[popcorn]

You should sell those evil guns. Does ethnicity factor into everything you do? Just wondering.

-tapatalk and Devin McCourty blow chunks-

Looks like he is posting on google too.

marvin pena - in the last week Score: 0 / 3 I was recently in the store I was recently in your store bought a few weapons and ammo . One thing yes your prices are great however I believe that the customer service needs to be better when dealing with other ethnic backgrounds. I have two examples on how I feel as I was discriminated against No. 1 once I paid for everything the sale person goes to the back to do the background. Everyone that I observed that went prior to me were given a bag with the weapons or left on the counter. In my situation the guy took the guns away so I would not have a hold of them as if I was going to walk away with them. While I was observing the guns I overheard one of the sales man saying to another customer all accessories and ammo are 2% off your final purchase. While checking out I asked him if I received the 2% off on the ammo he said we do not do that, and ask another salesman (the one I ...

Adam Fattman McGrath - in the last week Score: 3 / 3 I visited 4 seasons a few months back and Made haul over there because they had my gun in stock and it was a great price. Place is packed and very busy but what can you say they have great deals. And to the guy below that thinks he was discriminated against, you werent. i am an average white male, i was not left with the firearm in hand that i had not paid for. And the discount you didnt get go to the website. Discounts are one firearms if you pay with cash. DID YOU PAY WITH CASH?? I hate guys like you with a chip on your shoulder you go into situations looking for things you can claim as discrimination.. its 2012 man get a grip

Last edited:

I've bought several firearms from FS and every time they have taken the gun behind the counter while running my background check. The 2% discount is for cash sales of firearms ONLY, not ammo. It's all over their website. You shouldn't be offended by them taking the weapon behind the counter while running your check. After all, it's not your gun until the paperwork is done and you pass your background check and I highly doubt that they took your money prior to running your check. I call bullshit on this post. In my opinion, Carl and his staff are top-notch. Just one white 30-something guy's perspective.

Ya ill add my 2 pennies.....ya everytime I bought a firearm even one that I had sent to them, they held it in the back, well behind the counter. One so you can shop more and dont have to worry the gun gets lost or walks out with all the chaos going on. Don't take offense, I don't and I have bought a few off them. While they run the check, I check out what else I can add to my big bill adding up by the seconds.

I've bought several firearms from FS and every time they have taken the gun behind the counter while running my background check. The 2% discount is for cash sales of firearms ONLY, not ammo. It's all over their website. You shouldn't be offended by them taking the weapon behind the counter while running your check. After all, it's not your gun until the paperwork is done and you pass your background check and I highly doubt that they took your money prior to running your check. I call bullshit on this post. In my opinion, Carl and his staff are top-notch. Just one white 30-something guy's perspective.

This is either a disgruntled employee or a competitor. Who else would be so motivated as to take the time to post it in lots of forums. Carl runs a great shop. This is BS.

Next time, yell out in your best Chris Rock voice: "The guy's avoiding me like he owes me child support!!!"

I'm an Asian Indian and recently bought my gun at FS. I have no f**king idea where my gun was when Alex was running my check - why bother when the gun was going to be in my sole possession in a few mins. In fact Alex was super nice as is Ed and someone called Joe (or Jeff) who at times picks the phone. I have got the discount on firearms but not on ammo. So sorry can't at all relate to this charge based on ethnicity.

This is either a disgruntled employee or a competitor. Who else would be so motivated as to take the time to post it in lots of forums. Carl runs a great shop. This is BS.

Yep. He is a great guy who will help you and he takes his business seriously. I have bought many guns from him and I am usually happy with the service. Not to say that I haven't felt rushed or been a little rude to, but I still love their prices. I try to go to Collector's more for ammo and such just because it's easier to move around in there. FS is insane most of the time.

Were your pants belted at the "waist"? Hat sideways? Grille shining? Lots of chain?

This thread has a certain odor to it. Just changed my boy and smelled the same thing.

-tapatalk and Devin McCourty blow chunks-

God forbid someone has an unpleasant experience at FS and post about it several times to try and cut through all the FS sympathizer posts.
I know numerous people that have not had a good experience there and don't post here.
Basically, Mpen1070 was saying "Your girlfriend is a whore" and you all reacted as a boyfriend would be expected to react: Blind to the real situation of her truly being a whore.
Maybe another way to describe it would be for him to say "Your favorite band sucks".

Back
Top Bottom