Show me your AR

Here's my new baby and first AR....Took me a few days and $$ to get it setup the way I wanted. I started with a large scope*(4-16x40) and narrow grip forend that didn't look right on the weapon, then to a "inexpensive" Bushnell red dot that I would have had to spend more on rings than the optic to get it right. In the end I decided to stop being cheap, scrapped the idea of using my "leftovers" had a set of flip up irons + a rail forend installed and I'm saving for a "real optic".
As its built now: Stag Arms Model3- Magpul olive butt pad, MIsson ADaptable grip, 30r magazine. Samson Stag rail system, olive rail pads, flip up front sight. ARMS 40 flip up rear sight.

What type of comp is that?

I got the Eotech dialed in to where I like it this morning at Lunenburg Sportsmen's Club. This target was a 30 round mag walking from 100 to 50 to 25 yards, pausing to fire a string. The 4 "fliers" were fired while I was moving towards the target from 100 yards, and I was also shooting at some clay pidgeons, so there's less than 30 on the target. Hard to believe bought this rifle a little less than a year ago, just to get one while I could. I didn't even like it. I'll tell ya -- these things grow on you, I love this thing now, and it's getting dead nuts reliable after some growing pains. So far not a single hiccup on nothing but reloads since State Line fixed an extractor issue when it was new about 1000 rounds ago.

IMG_3370.jpg

New AR

Pre-ban DPMS lower
Del-Ton 16" lightweight upper kit (YHM lightweight rails, M4 ramps, A2 FS)

Just came today, I'm going to add a tele-stock, new trigger and some other upgrades, but I think this is going to be a fun, little plinker.

IMG_0504.jpg

Last edited:
What is the side ring up by the side of your front sight? I'm looking for something similar for mine.

Thx

Here's my first EBR build w/specs COD4 style [smile]

Bushy XM15-E2S complete lower
STAG 2HT M-4 Upper W/Samson MRFS-C Rail, Arms #40L rear flip sight & Comp in place of an EVIL FS
ACE ARFX Shorty Stock
ERGO Grip

Perk1: Eotech 552 w/ poor paint job
Perk2: foregrip and laser
Perk3: Ceiner .22lr conversion w/ extra 10 rd mags for indoor range time

IMG_0591.jpg

It is a front sling adapter. Here is a disassembled picture of one: M4 Sling Swivel

It fits either side. It is installed with two roll pins, so it is fairly permanent without the use of tools. Be mindful of which way you install it. You want to ensure that the swivel folds to the rear, not forward.

Here is my completed 9mm NES AR. My second AR.

004.jpg

005-1.jpg

AA Lower
ACE ENTRY skeleton stock
ERGO grip
TASCO red dot
CAA flashlight mount
JDL Sales 9mm Upper.
Single point sling adapter for A2 stock.

I agree, that .458 socom is impressive. 600 grain bullets some of them. That's gotta be a crazy shot in an AR pistol. Is it hard to find those rounds to buy around here? All my AR parts are on backorder, when they eventually arrive I'll post a pic.

I agree, that .458 socom is impressive. 600 grain bullets some of them. That's gotta be a crazy shot in an AR pistol. Is it hard to find those rounds to buy around here? All my AR parts are on backorder, when they eventually arrive I'll post a pic.

Factory ammo is hard to find online, let alone in a store. If you do find ammo online it's usually expensive and in short supply. You can do some amazing things with this cartridge if you handload. Bullet wieghts ranging from 86 gr (cnc aluminum, 3000fps out of a 10.5" bbl), to 600 gr subsonic loads. Loading components are easy to get ahold of (except brass). It uses pistol primers, and 45-70 bullets (some guys are even loading gas checked lead). I'm not sure what the recoil is like with the 600 grainers, but the 300 grain hornady's that I bought were very manageable.

While it seems many of you have gone with the "Tacticool" type of AR build, I opted for the "Tack Driver" type [smile]

My NES-007 AR build:

- Anvil Arms Stripped Receiver
- Rock River Arms NM 2-Stage Trigger
- Rock River Arms Varmint A4 Upper with:
- 24" Stainless Wilson Barrel (1:8 Twist)
- Hogue Free Float Tube
- Wylde Chamber
- Rock River Arms Ergo Target Grip
- Magpul Sniper Adjustable Stock

Right now, until the Super Sniper SS10x42M scope comes in off back-order, it's got a Leupold Mark IV 4.5-14x50 Illuminated Mil Dot scope with Leupold Mark IV rings holding it there.

I've also got a case of 1000 Black Hills Red Box 75gr .223 [smile]

lizxmas.jpg

Many thanks to the pretty little lady who was nice enough to hold the rifle for the picture [smile]

While it seems many of you have gone with the "Tacticool" type of AR build, I opted for the "Tack Driver" type [smile]

My NES-007 AR build:

- Anvil Arms Stripped Receiver
- Rock River Arms NM 2-Stage Trigger
- Rock River Arms Varmint A4 Upper with:
- 24" Stainless Wilson Barrel (1:8 Twist)
- Hogue Free Float Tube
- Wylde Chamber
- Rock River Arms Ergo Target Grip
- Magpul Sniper Adjustable Stock

Right now, until the Super Sniper SS10x42M scope comes in off back-order, it's got a Leupold Mark IV 4.5-14x50 Illuminated Mil Dot scope with Leupold Mark IV rings holding it there.

I've also got a case of 1000 Black Hills Red Box 75gr .223 [smile]

lizxmas.jpg

Many thanks to the pretty little lady who was nice enough to hold the rifle for the picture [smile]

Trigger dicipline!! [wink]

Nice Rifle.

Back
Top Bottom