• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Show me your AR

Economist that is a fine build indeed. I'm really impressed at how good it looks. I see your point vis-a-vis a the color match but honestly I don't think it's as stark as it probably seems to you having looked at it for so long.

Economist that is a fine build indeed. I'm really impressed at how good it looks. I see your point vis-a-vis a the color match but honestly I don't think it's as stark as it probably seems to you having looked at it for so long.

Thanks a lot. I actually don't care about the color match and I intend to use this thing enough that it will likely take a few dings anyway.

Olympic Arms K3B-M4
DSC01857.jpg

Stag lower, tac bolt release, enhanced trigger guard, ambi safety, big button mag release, 2 stage 4lbs. trigger, Stag upper, polished bolt and bolt carrier, tac charging hhandle, Command Arms 6Pos. stock pinned, Command Arms pistol grip, Midwest 4 rail standard fore-end, Falcon Ind. rail covers, Command Arms flash light holder and Surefire flash light, SOG Armory Miniwepon laser, Midwest Ind. rear sight, YHM front sight, SS 16"Evolution match barrel

Me likes....[smile]

Stag lower, tac bolt release, enhanced trigger guard, ambi safety, big button mag release, 2 stage 4lbs. trigger, Stag upper, polished bolt and bolt carrier, tac charging hhandle, Command Arms 6Pos. stock pinned, Command Arms pistol grip, Midwest 4 rail standard fore-end, Falcon Ind. rail covers, Command Arms flash light holder and Surefire flash light, SOG Armory Miniwepon laser, Midwest Ind. rear sight, YHM front sight, SS 16"Evolution match barrel

Here goes

Ok you made me do it. I have to show some of my carry gear. Yes, I always carry two edge weapons, sometime three. One never knows when one will get dull. Pre ban Bushmaster with 16 inch full heavy, EOtech, YHM flip ups, front and rear. Front site is located over the false gas block way down the end of the barrel, where the old disapator front site was, giving you a much longer, more accurate site plain with iron sites. C-More full float tube. There s a hundred round drum holding it up and a Glock19c in front with a lazer/light. There is a second blade which you can't see in the picture as I always keep at least one out of sight. The one you see is an original Gerber Rex Applegate Fairbairn big as* blade. Just thought I would put in my two cents, more or less.

Attachments

• MVC-017F.JPG
    MVC-017F.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 120
  • MVC-016F.JPG
    MVC-016F.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Is that a YHM upper?

Yes it is. Well, an AA upper with all YHM parts. I liked the forearm as it has the four rails at the end where you mount everything. The sides and lower parts are smooth closer to the mag well, so it's easier to grip if your not using the vertical grip. So far I've put about 500 rnds through her without a hiccup.

Put this one together tonight

Firebird Billet upper and lower... awesome fit and finish and really cool looking
White Oak Armorment 18" barrel
JP handguard and scope mount
Timney trigger
Ace stock

firebird.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my new baby and first AR....Took me a few days and $$ to get it setup the way I wanted. I started with a large scope*(4-16x40) and narrow grip forend that didn't look right on the weapon, then to a "inexpensive" Bushnell red dot that I would have had to spend more on rings than the optic to get it right. In the end I decided to stop being cheap, scrapped the idea of using my "leftovers" had a set of flip up irons + a rail forend installed and I'm saving for a "real optic".
As its built now: Stag Arms Model3- Magpul olive butt pad, MIsson ADaptable grip, 30r magazine. Samson Stag rail system, olive rail pads, flip up front sight. ARMS 40 flip up rear sight.

DSC01285.jpg

DSC01294.jpg

DSC01296.jpg

DSC01286.jpg

DSC01298.jpg

DSC01305.jpg

I like that mag well. Let me know how it shoots.

It shot well today. The gun is well balanced, transistions well. I shot it at 100 yards today. 10-15mph gusts were moving the target on the stands, but it shot nicely.

Pulled a shot when a 50 Bmg went off down the range.

10 shots 24.8 gr Varget 69gr SMK
smk 24-8.jpg

Latest build
Ground up custom build on stripped S&W M&P15 lower.
Chrome lined 16" M4 1:9 twist with M4 feed ramps barrel.
Stag upper w/bolt assembly and charging handle.
SAW style pistol grip.
Spike's flare launcher M203 look alike.
A2 bird cage muzzle brake flash hider look alike.
Full size quad rail forend by Midwest Ind.
Trijicon duel illuminated reflex sight and mount.
ACE entry stock.
It is for sale
For pricing visit JDL Sales in the dealer section.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom