• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Show me your carry rigs

J

Jose

bdC3I+tBVmklcTYSk7G5Z-+d8qJuZWQo0300.jpg

Q32GftFcp5ws2tc3Qhxcm66YH55qwXO30300.jpg

Gun: Glock 30 w/ XPress Night Sights and loaded w/ 230gr Hydrashocks
Carry Rig: Comptac MTAC
Knife: Spyderco Mannix
Flashlight: JetBeam MkII
Watch: Citizen Calibre 8700 (Happens to be the one pictured)
Phone: Verizon XV8700

That about covers it aside from keys and wallet. Here's the pic:
loadout.jpg

Last edited:
tele,
What type of clips are on the wheel gun comptac?

ETA: If you're looking for a good, relatively cheap light, that JetBeam (If you can find it) is awesome. $35 bucks, aluminum body, ~80 lumens, 4 settings (80%, 10%, 100%, Strobe) all off a AA battery. You can add an adapter tube to make it hold 2 AA batteries and get output to ~150 lumens and it's still slightly shorter than that minimag you have pictured.

Last edited:
Mark, a light is a light. Don't get sucked into the tacti-kewl light wave. [wink]

The light in my pic is a freebie that I got from a supplier (Atlas-Copco) at work. It has a bunch of LEDs and runs on two CR123 batts. Pretty nice for being free. [smile]

As for the rest of the stuff, CTAC for the 637 (soon to be replaced with a FIST #21 IWB), Crossbreed Supertuck for the 65 (soon to be replaced with a K&B Holsters Cochise Defender), Kershaw Ken Onion assisted opener, Safariland Comp I (637) and Comp II (65) speedloaders, Dr Grabow pipe, Zippo lighter, and whatever cellphone they are giving out at work.

[smile]

ETA: Ammo is Remington's R38S12 38 Special +P 158 grain lead semi wadcutter HP in both guns. Much faster in follow ups than 357 Magnums in the 65.

Last edited by a moderator:
You may want to look into a set from comp-tac. I tried the c-clips on my m-tac and didn't care for them. Changed over the longer standard clip and it was like a new holster. Fits like a glove now since I was able to get the cant just right.

Cuda, got better pics or any review on that Citizen Calibre 8700? My Fiancee wants to get me a watch for our wedding since I never wear one but have always wanted a decent watch. I really like the looks of them but have never met someone who owned one to get an honest opinion.

Tiktock - I'll do my best here.

I actually bought the watch for pretty cheap money in Jamaica while on a cruise; $230. I've seen it at Macy's for $450. I was looking for a nice watch that could be worn out to a nice restaurant, to work, and out on the weekends. I already have a "sport watch" and needed something in stainless. This watch fits all those requirements perfectly.

I like the looks and the size, the band has many links which makes for a good fit. It comes from the Eco-Drive family of Citizen watches meaning it has no battery that needs to be replaced; it powers it self via solar power. I absolutely love this feature. I actually misplaced it for 6 months in a drawer by accident. When I finally found it again, the movement had stopped. Come to find out, it was simply in a stand by mode. I put it under a fluorescent light over night and it came back to life!

A few more basics: The watch hands glow very well in the dark. If the watch is under your sleeve for an extended time the watch will freeze until you check the time... once in day light, the hands jump to live and move to the correct time in less than a second... pretty cool little feature, IMO.

As far as features go, this little guy surprised me. The face itself in addition to the watch face has a 24 hour clock (upper left), the day of the week (upper right), a date window, and a function face (low center). Depending where the low center face is set, the second hand will show seconds or the month of the year.

Probably the most important thing I about this watch is the number of comments I get. At work many have commented. While out at a bar, I've received the "Nice watch" comment while my buddy with the Omega Seamaster gets nothing... Funny considering he paid (literally) $3100 more than I did. *shrug* Overall, I would totally recommend this watch.

Couple of quick pics (let me know if you want other angles etc):
watch2.jpg

watch1.jpg

Here's one more of the face lit up a little better... still not happy with the pic though!
watch3.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! I'll try to get some bit lighting pics of the watch when the sun comes out again... if it ever does, for those interested. The watch face is actually a really nice dark blue color with a cool texture to it

Cuda,
Thanks SO much for the pics and write-up. Thats exactly what I wanted to hear! I am gonna try one on and then tell the Fiancee to go for it!

To everyone else, sorry for the thread de-rail!

The Fenix is a similar/comparable model to mine... brighter actually, at 100 lumens... but you pay for it, too.
A guy at work used to sell the Fenix on the side. I tried it out but was disappointed with the tailcap on/off switch. Couldn't reach it when holding the flashlight in my fist because it was set too deeply. I got an E2D in the SureFire buy and it's great.

I carry a AA LED Maglite at work because the battery life is so much longer, and I really don't need all that light to look under a desk to see a phone jack. [wink]

It was expensive, but I love my Surefire L1. It's an LED with two brightness levels. 10 lumens for 16 hours or 65 lumens for 1.5 hours (one CR123 battery). Also, the new E1B (announced at SHOT) looks like a great EDC choice.

If you want to learn way too much about flashlights, check out candlepowerforums.com.

A guy at work used to sell the Fenix on the side. I tried it out but was disappointed with the tailcap on/off switch. Couldn't reach it when holding the flashlight in my fist because it was set too deeply. I got an E2D in the SureFire buy and it's great.

I carry a AA LED Maglite at work because the battery life is so much longer, and I really don't need all that light to look under a desk to see a phone jack. [wink]

Fenix has (correction: had) a new tactical switch that works great. They had it available on their 1xAA L1T light. I have it transformed to work with a CR123A and is fantastic. Looks like the switch is not being offered at current time though. Too bad. The lack of this type of switch is Fenix's only crutch.

I also highly recommend the AAA LOD light. Tiny, in my pocket all the time, and puts out as much light as most bigger lights with a very long run time. Blows away the AA Mag. Get one of these and you'll throw you AA mags in the trash. I did.

Fenix has (correction: had) a new tactical switch that works great. They had it available on their 1xAA L1T light. I have it transformed to work with a CR123A and is fantastic. Looks like the switch is not being offered at current time though. Too bad. The lack of this type of switch is Fenix's only crutch.
I was actually about to buy one when the guy retired - so no more local vendor. [sad2] So I decided to get in on the SureFire buy.

I also highly recommend the AAA LOD light. Tiny, in my pocket all the time, and puts out as much light as most bigger lights with a very long run time. Blows away the AA Mag. Get one of these and you'll throw you AA mags in the trash. I did.
I actually like the MagLite for the simple reason that I use it a LOT. And it's just too darned easy to reach down and grab it out of my PockIts holster. It'd be harder to reach in my pocket.

Good point. That's one reason I didn't buy the Fenix. The primary reason is that they run on 123 batteries. I don't have anything else that runs on 123's so it seemed silly to get something that did. Another downside to that is that it makes the light that much shorter. My JetBeam runs on a single AA battery, which are much easier to come by, cheaper, and last just as long in my experiences. The upside to that: AA batteries are just that much longer than the 123's. The Jetbeam fits in my fist perfectly and still allows use of the tail cap clicky switch with the tip of my thumb.

As a side note, you can actually buy a 123 body for the JetBeam and convert it to use those instead. Also,for the hell of it, I tried a AAA battery in my JetBeam, while it wouldn't be my first choice, it did work.

Back
Top Bottom