Show me your carry rigs

DSC00927.jpg

DSC00929.jpg

Maglight is no click switch

There is a conversion kit for the AA Maglight but it isn't of a very high quality. I have a Streamlight that we bought on a group basis at the club for $30.00. It is the Scorpion model and well worth the money.

I still have my old duty Maglight 3 d cell model. Feels like a Louisville slugger.

There is a conversion kit for the AA Maglight but it isn't of a very high quality. I have a Streamlight that we bought on a group basis at the club for $30.00. It is the Scorpion model and well worth the money.

I still have my old duty Maglight 3 d cell model. Feels like a Louisville slugger.
I have the Maglight conversion kit - I'm waiting for one to become available for the AA LED model.

Daily Carry Gear

I know it's been covered before, but for the benefit of the newer members of the forum(and to aid in my, and some others, aging memories)[laugh].

What do you carry for protection on a regular basis?

Include both firearms and accessories. And reason why. Pictures would be good, too.

Finally got around to snappin' a pic.

Guns: S&W1911Sc in a Tucker coverup plus. Very comfortable holster !
Extra mag in pocket carrier by our own langloisandy. (I want a double !)
NAA Mini .22mag +5 extra rounds in a pocket holster from NAA A "Sometimes carry."
No Name damascus folder, a spur of the moment buy.
Surefire E2D from last years Group Buy.
Sabre OC/CS (Usually in a keychain carrier.)

The watch is a Seiko diver on a Navajo style sterling silver cuff set with 12 turquoise stones. Picked it up back in '78 just off the south rim of the Grand Canyon when I rode my motorcycle cross country after getting out of the Navy.

Carry.jpg

I looked around in that other thread, and I'm reminded at how many different kinds of guns I wish I had enough money to own.

What makes me chuckle is the people who carry a gun, a knife, OC, flashlight, cellphone, bulletproof vest, parachute and scuba gear every day, but they don't carry a single spare magazine for their gun.

No offense to anyone, as I'm sure I'll get flamed for that.

My major carry weapon....since we live in troubled times ...I now carry two [hmmm]

DSC00620.jpg

Hahaha. OT - but less than 2 years ago I was going through Heathrow Airport during the midst of some security scare. I somehow got flagged for a secondary security inspection. The guy was maybe 20 years old, skittish, and he asked me if I had any weapons on me. I said yes - you should have seen the look on his face. I just made a Rocky pose and laughed, with him.

My daily carry gear. S&W 649 Bodyguard in Desantis Nemesis with .357 125 gr. Speer Gold Dots, 1 (sometimes 2) speedloader, Spyderco, Benchmade, Surefire flashlight, Fox pepper spray.

Why?

They are all good tools. I use the flashlight and a knife virtually every day in the course of my work for mundane tasks. Of course their self defense aspects are also there. I like the snubby because it is discreet and just ALWAYS with me. A reload or two just makes sense. Pepper spray because I strongly believe that if you carry a firearm you should have a less then lethal alternative.

Those are my tools, along with the rest of my body. My weapons are my mind, my attitude and my resolve.

Cigars003-1.jpg

Colt.45's in Black Hills Leather

DSCN0452.jpg

Oh you meant "concealed carry rig" Well then a M&P Compact .40 or S&W Model 60 when I need to be more reserved.

Last edited:
Citizens Watch
Nice thing to show us, you know damn well "we all will be getting our bonus checks soon". I like that a lot.

Last edited:
Is that one of those concealed carry badges they're always talking about around here?[wink]

[laugh] I can see where it says retired, so I knew he was a retired police officer.

I wonder if I can get a "retired" concealed carry badge. Or better yet one that says "Restricted." Gold plate, hammer and sickle in the middle. "RESTRICTED" on the top. "SPORTING" on the bottom.

actually bought the watch for pretty cheap money in Jamaica while on a cruise; $230. I've seen it at Macy's for $450.
A good deal. This appears to be the Citizen Calibre 8700 (appropriate name, considering), retail $450, $337.50 from many places including Amazon. In fact, the discount amount is so consistent among retailers that it's probably a manufacturer enforced floor price.

Back
Top Bottom