So what caliber does everyone CCW on NES?

What calibers do you CCW?

• .22/.22 Magnum

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • .380/.38 Special

Votes: 52 22.5%
  • 9mm

Votes: 95 41.1%

Votes: 88 38.1%
  • .357 Sig/.357 Magum

Votes: 32 13.9%
  • 10mm

Votes: 7 3.0%

Votes: 77 33.3%

Votes: 1 0.4%

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Other

Votes: 11 4.8%

• Total voters
Yeah... sorry about the grouping of calibers in some of the poll choices... but I only had 10 poll choices to play with... So... had to do it. I mean... I couldn't even put 44 Magnum as a choice.

Go easy on me [grin]

Two votes for the .500 -- one is obvious, but who is the other...

My guess is Chris and EddyCoyle. [wink]

9mm for my M&P9c, or .45ACP for my SW1911. This time of year I carry the M&P more. I have on a couple of occasions carried my Walther p22, but that was before I had the M&P, and couldn't find the right holster for my Kahr K9.

Am I the only person to select like 5 different calibers at once? [grin]

Usually most of the time I'm carrying a .40 S+W.... HK P2000... but I still carry a bunch of others
from time to time.

-Mike

My magtech solid copper .45 in my Sig(under my coat) thats always the choice but in the warmer months my Buffalo Bore 357mag supper hot hollow points in my model 60 chief.

Summer carry is the 6906 or 4013TSW which are almost identical in size. I guess it just depends on what caliber I feel like at the time and if I want to carry 13+1 in 9mm or 9+1 in .40. I'm thinking of trying a J-frame M&P in .357 for summer...

Winter is either the 229 in .40 or the 1911PD.

Chris

Interesting, if you combined the .38 caliber with .357 magnum like I think of it, you have 40% of the vote and close to a three way split on the poll.

Am I the only person to select like 5 different calibers at once? [grin]

Usually most of the time I'm carrying a .40 S+W.... HK P2000... but I still carry a bunch of others
from time to time.

-Mike

Yeah, you probably are.

I only chose 4 different calibers. I don't carry them all at the same time, however. [laugh2]

Two votes for the .500 -- one is obvious, but who is the other...

eusa_whistle.gif
eusa_think.gif

380, 9mm, and 45. Also, 44 special when I am feeling old school. I carry them, b/c I can shoot them, and hit what I am shooting at; and I am comfortable with them.

Lots of people have assumed room temperature courtesy of the
.38 Smith & Wesson Special.

Yup, I had that argument with my late Chief. I was telling him that our .38SP revolvers were inadequate for the job . . . then he pulls out some case photos of a Boston PO and his Wife . . . murder/suicide with his service revolver . . . to make his point! True enough, the pictures were worth a 1000 words each . . . end of my argument.

I'm curious: Why is the .38 Special so powerful?

It's not that the .38 Special is so powerful... as much as it's simply not "underpowered" or "insufficient" in doing it's job like many like to claim (while they scratch their balls with one hand, hold their beer in the other... and belch [smile]).

It's just a continuation of the caliber war. .45 vs 9mm vs .40 vs .38 vs .357... etc.

These guys are just saying that the .38 Special round is more than adequate for the job... and there are plenty of bodies in cemeteries with .38 size holes to prove it.

Same goes for 9mm (another caliber people like to pick on and subsequently ignore it's long long history of putting people into the ground with 9mm sized holes).

Back
Top Bottom