Source of AG Banning Out-of-State Ammo Sales!

damage done

IMHO the damage has already been done. Gun owners like referrals
to gun shops, gunsmiths, where to buy etc. he fried his own
ass, and consequently will suffer from this.

We are not a majority in the PRM and word travels faster than
the speed of light.

JimB

Apparently we now have confirmation on who the RAT was that killed off all out-of-state ammo sales (and other accessories) to MA!!

See http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=345642&postcount=364 for that confirmation.

Same RAT that reported BassPro to the AG!

"Confirmation?" An unconfirmed post from someone who joined 1 day before posting that accusation? You have a very low standard of proof. [rolleyes]

Let's review:

1. We have a virulently anti-gun AG;

2. A TV reporter does a breathless expose on a mail-order dealer selling illegal/severely regulated items to anyone with a credit card number, including kids, at which point;

3. Said AG then cracks down on ALL mail/internet sales, including the edict that the UCC magically no longer applies to firearms-related interstate sales.

How - indeed, why - would a local dealer be needed?

That the dealer in question dimed out BPS is not in dispute; he did and has admitted doing so. He now must bear the consequences of that action.

This accusation of him somehow alerting the AG to interstate sales, however, does not pass the "sniff test." I'd need plausible evidence from a reliable source before I bought into this story.

Last edited:
That the dealer in question dimed out BPS is not in dispute; he did and has admitted doing so. He now must bear the consequences of that action.

This accusation of him somehow alerting the AG to interstate sales, however, does not pass the "sniff test." I'd need plausible evidence from a reliable source before I bought into this story.

If # 1 is indeed true, which it is, does #2 really matter wrt retribution from the gun owning community? Not to me.

If # 1 is indeed true, which it is, does #2 really matter wrt retribution from the gun owning community? Not to me.

Your call and certainly an understandable position.

However, I prefer decisions based upon fact, not witch hunts. I therefore exclude # 2 from the analysis. So, like you, I make my call based solely upon #1.

Scrivener, had you been a member, and thus at the Pumpkin Shoot, you'd know who the new member is and would have met him there.

Scrivener, had you been a member, and thus at the Pumpkin Shoot, you'd know who the new member is and would have met him there.

If and if.

None of which is relevant to the time line of events and, therefore, the "sniff test" referred to earlier. The story fails Occam's Razor.

Here's some easy logic.

#1 OR #2 = No business from me and a disdain for that place.

It's really easy. No need for deeper analysis. [wink]

If this Ammo story is true, he must not be able to comprehend the setback that this did to gun owners in MA.

I like to buy Carcano ammo and 7.62x39 (and 25), which has never been cheap in bulk at any local store.

Also, is this man (or shop) a member of Goal? Does Goal have standards for their members? I can't see them allowing Brady to become a member.

My impression is that he doesn't think it will hurt his business. He does read what's posted here, but will not register or post himself.

He might be right, as most gun owners have no clue about the laws, the 1998 changes, what they can or can not buy, etc. They just go about their merry way, much like ostriches.

We (knowledgeable and activist gun owners) are a very tiny, tiny minority amongst a tiny, tiny minority of people who own guns legally.

We (knowledgeable and activist gun owners) are a very tiny, tiny minority amongst a tiny, tiny minority of people who own guns legally.

Which is why we have such difficulty getting our concerns addressed, rights protected or even voices heard.

Uhh call me Captain Obvious but uhh....when you have to do an FFL next time GO TO ANOTHER GUY!!!!!!
Just a thought....it'll make a point if the word spreads and people actually act on it.
Ciao...and as always

"A liberal is a conservitive that hasn't been mugged yet"

A person at the the shoot Sat. told me it T-- the same on that dropped the dime on BRS!!!

I guess this guy is running scared for his life and always has.

He he can not beat them fairly he calls for help where he does not have to pay a cent to compete in a fair business world.

I hope he goes out of business and all he has to eat is his F__K__ worms!!!!

He screwed me once and when ever I have to go into his store to do an FFL I get sick looking at him. [puke][puke2][puke][puke2]

Fred

Uhh call me Captain Obvious but uhh....when you have to do an FFL next time GO TO ANOTHER GUY!!!!!!
Just a thought....it'll make a point if the word spreads and people actually act on it.
Ciao...and as always

"A liberal is a conservitive that hasn't been mugged yet"

Wow! Five whole posts, and he's ripping on Flotter in this of all threads. Nice work Bazzo....

Sometimes (for a variety of reasons) a buyer/seller cannot
always choose the FFL they're going to use for the transaction,
because the gun might only be able to "pass" through FFL X/Y/Z
because of the seller's terms, or buyers terms, etc. Sometimes
one is compelled to use one FFL because of MA compliancy BS and
the like.

-Mike

Sometimes (for a variety of reasons) a buyer/seller cannot
always choose the FFL they're going to use for the transaction,
because the gun might only be able to "pass" through FFL X/Y/Z
because of the seller's terms, or buyers terms, etc. Sometimes
one is compelled to use one FFL because of MA compliancy BS and
the like.

-Mike

Mike that is what happens!!! I have no choice in the matter.

But maybe things will change now (I hope).

Fred

I stop in at Cabelas every other week or so. While speaking with one of the folks at the gun counter, he said that he got a call from an irate dealer in MA complaining that they cant sell ammo or long guns to MA residents.

I wonder if this is T_ _ complaining.

He is fairly ignorant. If he is smart, he will shut his trap before he is run out of business.

I stop in at Cabelas every other week or so. While speaking with one of the folks at the gun counter, he said that he got a call from an irate dealer in MA complaining that they cant sell ammo or long guns to MA residents.

I wonder if this is T_ _ complaining.

He is fairly ignorant. If he is smart, he will shut his trap before he is run out of business.

As you have no idea who made this alleged call, your admonition is presumptuous.

And that's a charitable assessment.

I just came accross this thread. Will someone PM me the name of this dealer or his shop...I would NEVER want to knowingly patronize such a shop!

FYI, I spoke to Ted when buying a gun via FFL transfer, and he told me that he posts and reads here on NES.

FYI, I spoke to Ted when buying a gun via FFL transfer, and he told me that he posts and reads here on NES.

Back before this all blew up, he told me that he reads a lot of the posts here on NES, but did NOT register and post.

No idea if that is still true or not, as I have not spoken to him since.

Back
Top Bottom