• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

State Line Gun Shop, Mason, NH

In one of the videos, he says "if you are a MA resident, you can buy ammo if you have an FID or LTC."

Pardon my confusion, but since when does NH require a license from another state to buy ammo? [rolleyes]

>>but since when does NH require a license from another state to buy ammo<<

Local Walmart asks to see your driver's license to ensure you're a NH resident. Not sure what they do if you're an out-of-stater.

Last edited:
There are walmarts and a few NH border stores that require it... it's "store policy" not law.

Why.... as a Mass resident you should be used to it.

It's not legally required for anyone to do anything but prove age in NH to buy ammo. Asking for a DL or other ID is one thing, but there is no need for an FID or LTC. If I was going to make a WAG it's some kind of oddball business decision that a few shops and walmart have made.

I don't lose sleep over it one way or the other, as long as the dealer doesn't sit there and try to tell me that it's anything other than a store policy. Obviously in the case of WalMart any questioning of the policy will result in mind numbing conversation with the wal mart droid, so don't even bother.

-Mike

It's not legally required for anyone to do anything but prove age in NH to buy ammo. Asking for a DL or other ID is one thing, but there is no need for an FID or LTC. If I was going to make a WAG it's some kind of oddball business decision that a few shops and walmart have made.

I don't lose sleep over it one way or the other, as long as the dealer doesn't sit there and try to tell me that it's anything other than a store policy. Obviously in the case of WalMart any questioning of the policy will result in mind numbing conversation with the wal mart droid, so don't even bother.

-Mike

Agreed. I'm not terribly exercised about it, but we have enough infringement going on without adding to it. It is the owner's right to run his business as he sees fit, and I'll not try to persuade him otherwise. Mason would be convenient to my girlfriend's house, but I guess my dollars will continue to go elsewhere.

Mason would be convenient to my girlfriend's house, but I guess my dollars will continue to go elsewhere.

I'll keep some extra dollars in my wallet and buy tax-free long guns, and reasonably priced accessories at Stateline....

However I still have an issue with their handgun and transfer tax policy however............ Not 100% sold on that little bit of law they throw at you....

Last edited:
FWIW guys I think we've sufficiently drifted this off course.. (and it's partially all my fault. ) . this thread is supposed to be about reviews of the shop. If you guys want to start a legal discussion, put a new thread in the MA laws subforum. There are already existing threads on the issues discussed here that can be bumped.

I made a thread for it here... and moved posts here... discuss here please:

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...ales-Tax-on-Transfers-Ma-Compliance-funhouse-!

-Mike

Last edited:
Good knowledgeable people there. Wasnt pressured into buying anything. Prices are very reasonable. Could I have done better, maybe, but ease of location, purchase, and getting to know the locals is priceless. Very Satisfied!

I had a pleasant experience at State Line this past weekend. Just bought my first gun there. Paul spent a lot of time with me going through all the different guns. He even took the time to show me how to take apart the gun and how to clean it. I will definitely be going back there soon.

Add me to the happy customer list of State Line, bought/won a gun on G/B from them a couple weeks before open house and they where nice enough to hold it and invite me down to pick it up in person.Nice place,lots of guns,friendly staff (not always the case in gun shops).Look forward to going back again.

Another +1 for State Line. Was very impressed with the collection of in-stock rifles and shotguns. Went there to pick-up a 22 LR target. They had exactly what I wanted, and found an inexpensive used scope to boot. Staff was extremely helpful! (I just wish they were easier to get to from my area.)

made a few purchases from them over the years and I've always been very satisfied. 2 of the 3 guns I'd grab in a grab and go were bought there.

Found a nice Lyman Alaskan in thier used scope box that now sits on a 10/22. For $40 i couldnt go wrong. Great place to go to. Got a Walther PP in 22 on the last visit.

Stateline is the best shop I have been in. Location is great for me I live a 1/4 mile away. Have purchased about ten guns there in the past year and all purchases were great. A year ago I was afraid to touch a gun and with Chris' help my girlfriend and I have become avid shooters.

I love their layaway plan $50. down and 60 days to pay. Really keeps credit card bills down. Thanks to Paul, Chris, Don and everyone else at Stateline. Keep up the good work.

Hey all,
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I was wondering if anyone had experience with both State Line and Four Seasons in Woburn MA, and how they compare in terms of selection. One of my friends just grabbed his LTC-A and I wanted to take him wherever he'd have the most options. I've never been to State Line and have had good luck with Four Seasons, but between this thread and what I've heard locally they're pretty highly regarded. I also know Four Seasons tends to be busy, and wouldn't want to take up a lot of other peoples time looking at different pieces.

Anyways, just wanted to know if you guys think its worth the extra hour of driving time to check it out. Thanks.

Last edited:
State line has a good selection of guns, but being a NH dealer the majority of them are not available for sale/transfer to MA subjects. As to pricing, they seem fairly average, you'll probably be able to get the same or better pricing at Four Seasons. If you're close to FS, also check out Collectors in Stoneham, it's fairly close to FS and also has a good selection and pricing

Hey all,
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I was wondering if anyone had experience with both State Line and Four Seasons in Woburn MA, and how they compare in terms of selection. One of my friends just grabbed his LTC-A and I wanted to take him wherever he'd have the most options. I've never been to State Line and have had good luck with Four Seasons, but between this thread and what I've heard locally they're pretty highly regarded. I also know Four Seasons tends to be busy, and wouldn't want to take up a lot of other peoples time looking at different pieces.

Anyways, just wanted to know if you guys think its worth the extra hour of driving time to check it out. Thanks.

I have purchased multiple times at both shops....

If you know what you want, want it at the lowest possible price, want a huge selection of mass ok handguns, but don't mind taking a number like a deli to get it, go to four seasons.

State line has a better selection of long guns, a good selection of mass ok hand guns, a 60 day layaway plan, and you don't have to take a number and stand in line to handle a gun ) I HATE that ). They are a bit more pricey than Four Seasons, but IMHO a much better shopping experience

By the way, they have a open house Sat June 4th and will have "specials" that day. Always worth while checking out!

Edit: remember any long gun can be purchased out of state and brought back to mass ( save the sales tax! Deval hates it!!! )

Last edited:
Open House, June 4 2011, 9-3pm

... Yes, I agree they are not always the cheapest but they are always competive! I went to their annual open house and probably ate enough free food to make up the difference. Never mind the door prizes!

Upcoming open house for 2011 in two weeks. Saturday, June 4, 2011, 9am - 3pm.

Anybody planning to attend?

I'm planning to swing by around 2pm. I attended the last open house. Love it.

Can't say no to free food and entertainment. [smile]

someone want to pretend they are me? I have to take a group of scouts up Mt Monadnock

bring them by! free burgers and dogs[smile]

9:00-3:00 open house

free food, some great events and giveaways ( there giving away a TON of stuff, on the hour ) some cool guest apperances ( be there before 2:00! ) and rumor has is it discounts similar to last year ( on preowned firearms if I remember correctly )

Ill be helping out inside, say hi!

Last edited:
I'm planning to swing by around 2pm. I attended the last open house. Love it.

Can't say no to free food and entertainment. [smile]

As usual, we had a good time. My son actually won a raffle. He was so excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom