• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

State Line Gun Shop, Mason, NH

Glad to see a NES member won something!

I had a great time working the revolver counter.... Learned a few things, met a lot of great people and had a great day. I didn't make it outside until 2:00ish to see Sen. Ayotte's speech. Didn't get to meet her but I liked hearing a truly pro 2a politician

Dan B

I dropped off a very unique revolver that only a handful of gunsmiths in the entire county are willing and able to work on. Paul assured me that they could take care of it for me and said about 2-3 weeks until it was ready. I got a call 5 days after dropping it off from Eric; all done. The price; LESS than the original estimate. I haven't pick it up yet but I have every confidence that it was properly repaired. Just want to say that I had an A+ experience at Stateline in Mason and next time I am in that area I will definitely drop by. Thanks guys.

Since no place in MA seems to have ammo, I decide to take a Sunday drive out to State Line Gun Shop.

Drive was about 1h20m for me and it paid off with some ammo to go to the range with. Staff was friendly and they had a great stock of O/U shotguns which I have recently become interested in for skeet/trap. I think I may go back when I have all my funds together and see what I can pick up.

How come I have to be in there system to buy ammo? Had to give them my ltc and they inputed stuff in the computer? What are they tracking?

Since no place in MA seems to have ammo, I decide to take a Sunday drive out to State Line Gun Shop.

Drive was about 1h20m for me and it paid off with some ammo to go to the range with. Staff was friendly and they had a great stock of O/U shotguns which I have recently become interested in for skeet/trap. I think I may go back when I have all my funds together and see what I can pick up.

Just got back from SL. Tons of ARs, they had a Maadi AK, M&P15s and M&P 22s . Saw **DRB** there but he was busy with a customer.

[wave][wave]

Yes, another silly busy Saturday at the shop! Geez. I didn't even get to eat lunch!

How come I have to be in there system to buy ammo? Had to give them my ltc and they inputed stuff in the computer? What are they tracking?

I think it is CYA thing and they can track to see if you come in 4 times a day to buy ammo that is rationed. But don't quote me it is just my best guess.

I heard one of the gentlemen behind the ammo counter saying that there was a 4 box limit per family per day on 9mm. I would assume that extends to other calibers too.

First time I went in and purchased ammo I was asked for my FID/LTC. Second time, since they had my information, I wasn't asked. Not sure if they take the information to make checkout quicker.

[wave][wave]

Yes, another silly busy Saturday at the shop! Geez. I didn't even get to eat lunch!

Was that you I spoke to about the Browing and CZ? If so, thanks again for your help :)

Last edited:
First time I went in and purchased ammo I was asked for my FID/LTC. Second time, since they had my information, I wasn't asked. Not sure if they take the information to make checkout quicker.
Regardless of the reason, logging personal info when not strictly necessary is not a policy I'm willing to deal with.

For the record I purchased ammo at SL last Tuesday and no one asked to see any ID whatsoever. I live in MA.

I have never had any problems or issues with SL and I have been going there for years. Only time they asked for ID that I can recall was for a firearm purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I think it is CYA thing and they can track to see if you come in 4 times a day to buy ammo that is rationed. But don't quote me it is just my best guess.

There's really an amazing amount of tin foil in this thread! There is no "tracking". Computer system is based on customer "accounts" and each receipt requires a customer to be placed on it to add items and ring it up...... I can't understand all the comments on "tracking" when most of you probably used a credit or debit card to make your purchase...... Isn't that the ultimate "tracking"???

As has been said before, if you don't like showing Id to make a purchase, don't shop there. But your going to have a hard time buying ammo anywhere as most shops do or will soon no matter if you are in mass or not. Typically people that are regulars do not need to show a id for purchases, I was asked one or twice over 4 years ago and never again

Last edited:
There's really an amazing amount of tin foil in this thread! There is no "tracking". Computer system is based on customer "accounts" and each receipt requires a customer to be placed on it to add items and ring it up...... I can't understand all the comments on "tracking" when most of you probably used a credit or debit card to make your purchase...... Isn't that the ultimate "tracking"???

As has been said before, if you don't like showing Id to make a purchase, don't shop there. But your going to have a hard time buying ammo anywhere as most shops do or will soon no matter if you are in mass or not. Typically people that are regulars do not need to show a id for purchases, I was asked one or twice over 4 years ago and never again

When you live in MA you get sketched out, if they ask me for my info next time I'm not giving it to them

When you live in MA you get sketched out, if they ask me for my info next time I'm not giving it to them

I live in NH and I'm sketched out too. Watch out for that "well, you use a credit card" argument. When I use a credit card at a business, the issuing bank gets the merchant info and the transaction total. They don't get a list of WHAT was bought.

I live in NH and I'm sketched out too. Watch out for that "well, you use a credit card" argument. When I use a credit card at a business, the issuing bank gets the merchant info and the transaction total. They don't get a list of WHAT was bought.

I can understand if you don't like it, and you shouldn't shop there if you do..... but its fools to keep repeats "tracking" comments. No one is "tracking" anything unless you somehow have proof I dont

Was just into SL Gun Shop today and they had 8 to 10 M&P40 MA Compliant Range Carry Kits. A bunch of SIG P938's and still several Shields. They also said 2 weeks ago they received 50 cases of 9mm and put a 4 box limit on purchases. Since then they have been selling about 4 cases a day and they are now getting low, so they are back down to a 2 box limit. There were still lots of S&W M&P AR's on the racks in different configurations. However, like every other store in the US there were no 22LR to be found.

Def a great store my only compliant is there trade in values. Buddy was telling me he went to trade some stuff some of it new and they super low balled him and wouldn'twouldn't even consider bumping the value. Even when the amount wanted was below their wholesale price. Ammo prices slightly high

Although I've never been, I did sign up for their emails.

Here's the latest. Looks like the owner is retiring.

We are going to close for first four days next week (Monday Aug 25 through Thursday Aug 28) as we do a complete inventory of the store.

When we re-open on Friday, August 29, we will be Old Glory Guns & Ammo! Yes, Paul is starting his transition to retirement and is turning the store over to Dana Ryall of Rindge. You can 'meet' Dana in a video that we have on the SL Gun Shop website (
[URL="http://www.slgunshop.com"]www.slgunshop.com[/URL])

Although we will be open on August 29, be sure to reserve Saturday September 6th for the Grand Opening event at the new Old Glory Guns & Ammo!

Here is a personal note from Paul to all of you.

"To our many valued customers, vendors and supporters:

After careful consideration I have decided to transition into retirement. The shop will remain open during this transition and will remain open under the new ownership. I will be working during the transition period to make sure the shop will continue to be a success well into the future. The shop name will change to Old Glory Guns & Ammo. Old Glory will continue to have the same great selection of firearms, ammo, accessories, unparalleled customer service and most importantly the many familiar faces of our staff that you know and trust.

I would like give a heart felt "thank you" to all of the loyal customers and friends I have made over the years, and ask that you continue to patronize our shop into the future. Please welcome the new owner, Dana Ryll with open arms."

Be sure to stop by on Saturday, September 6 for fun, food and giveaways as we celebrate this milestone in our history.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned their grand opening last weekend. I went, it was a miniature version of their open house every June. The good news is that there are the same people, same stuff, mostly, same everything. I did notice that they now have a fairly large display of scopes, on top of the handgun wall in the middle of the shop. That's nice. I guess the worst part about the whole thing is the name change. They've been State Line for so long, I would have kept it.

I was there last week. it looks like it always did. no big changes that I can see.

I did notice there were only 4 milsurps in the far corner. they used to have a better selection. I grabbed a few good ones over the years. (when **DRB** didn't beat me to it!)

anyway, it is probably more a sign of the times (as milsurps/CR get harder to find) than anything about the shop.

Back
Top Bottom