• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Summers coming. Who's getting ready to change over their CCW and method of carry?

Ever try a Clinger Cushion? I use one year round for IWB, pretty much alleviates the direct against the skin issues - it's breathable & washable and overall more comfortable.

Remora makes a "sticky" holster with a sweat shield that helps prevent skin issues.
Same shit, different day, same Glock.
I concur ^^ & v v
Nothing changes for me

I'm not saying you are gay, I am saying that I am definitely not gay. I mean it sounds like you look forward to changing carry guns like a girl looks forward to wearing a flower dress in the Spring.

I thank you for this thread because I was really starting to worry about myself.

Then again, if I was gay and I found another guy that wears the same size clothes that I do, I double my wardrobe.. Doubt if we would ever trade carry guns based on the weather though.

Had to think on it before you had to add more? Guess my post got your man panties in a twist and you had to vent. Typical for someone like you I guess.

...dood.

Confused 90 Day Fiance GIF by TLC Europe

I carry 3 different handguns depending on what I’m doing on a particular day. I shoot all three regularly enough to ensure I can hit what I am aiming at.

I’m effective out to 50 yards with my M&P 2.0. With a 5.11 tactical belt in a tier 1 appendix holster, I have to wear an under layer and a baggy shirt. In the summer months it takes the most planning.

I can swing the center mass flap at 25 yards every time with my Ruger LC9s, and in the summer (or the winter if I have to dress up/book a corporate job) it disappears in an undershirt with the holster pocket. Not a quick draw, but I’ll Superman that shirt if I have to get to it quickly.

The Kel-Tec P3AT is the easiest to slide in the pocket if I’m just running to the cumbies, or in a situation where I don’t plan on being around a lot of people. At 7 yards, I can put all 7 rounds on a dessert plate pretty quickly.

I shoot all three of my carry guns at least once a month and am confident that I can hit what I aim at within their limitations. I don’t buy the “you can only be effective with one gun” argument. As long as you train with what you carry, I think you can be just as effective with multiple.

I either pocket carry a PM9 in shorts or long pants….or a G26 OWB…..or a Ruger Alaskan OWB…..the weather has marginal impact on how I carry…..more with what I am doing.

I start carrying my 22 Hornet (or a 223, but the Hornet is a nice little rifle) more to shoot as many woodchucks and porcupines that I can.

I thought the same thing.

I wonder whether this is about to turn into yet another trans thread.

I mean we already have the OP sashaying around in his freshly laundered spring sundress showing off his new seasonal carry gun on the NES fashion runway, so why not?

Trans thread it is!

I mean we already have the OP sashaying around in his freshly laundered spring sundress showing off his new seasonal carry gun on the NES fashion runway, so why not?

Trans thread it is!

Just can’t stop being an ass can you? I’m sure you had to look up the word sashaying as you don’t seem smart enough to have that kind of vocabulary.

Folks who carry bigger guns in the winter - how do you plan on drawing from under your jacket?
I generally just wear my normal undershirt + t shirt till it gets to 10 degrees or less. Then I add a hoodie. It does not impede my draw in the slightest. Upside of being big is I can hide 10+ guns in my fat rolls and not even have use a holster. And all my rolls are level 2 retention at least.

Me for one! In the summer months I move to a .380 and pocket carry. Not a huge fan of wearing an IWB holster that will eventually rub directly against the skin and I'm not a fan of wearing a wife beater under my t-shirt. So for me it's an easy transition to pocket carrying? Much easier to get access to the CCW if needed and MUCH more comfortable.

Who else changes their gun in the summer and how they carry?

Same here. S&W Bodyguard.

Oh trust me no one is thinking “gun” when they see me with my tie-dye Fanny pack. If anything, it’s “that guy has weed”

So, uhhh, about that flag.....

also, not a good idea to share pics on NES that are also shared on social media. always use unique photos.

Back
Top Bottom