• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Summers coming. Who's getting ready to change over their CCW and method of carry?

Hoodie ... That said, the front pocket on one isn't a horrible place for a small gun, as long as you're not moving around too much.
Yes, it is a horrible place for a gun. Even a small one.

There is an entire thread about how stupid it is to carry a gun in the front pocket of a hoodie.

Must have missed that. I can't imagine why.
I cant see how people put anything in those pockets aside from their hands. A gun would sag like crazy, get spun around in a different orientation from what it was when you put it in there, and any sort of movement other than walking at a normal pace Id be afraid the gun is going to fall out

You seem to call out people a lot so thought you were better at this. Guess not.

It's kinda strange that earlier in the thread it was insinuated that you were retarded for switching carry guns based on the weather, but insinuating that it was gay was the virtual hill for you to die on..

So you would rather be retarded than gay?

I would rather be gay.

I cant see how people put anything in those pockets aside from their hands. A gun would sag like crazy, get spun around in a different orientation from what it was when you put it in there, and any sort of movement other than walking at a normal pace Id be afraid the gun is going to fall out
Depends on the hoodie. Most? No way, the gun is just going to fall out. A heavy one with a gutter? Better, but still meh. Maybe for a quicky run to the store or taking trash out etc.. that's about it.

Also, a hoodie is a great cover garment because you're not taking it off unless you're home. You can basically conceal a belt carried school bus under one. So given that, why compromise?

It's kinda strange that earlier in the thread it was insinuated that you were retarded for switching carry guns based on the weather, but insinuating that it was gay was the virtual hill for you to die on..

I would rather be gay.
Better but still not up to par. Keep trying.

I would rather be gay.
If you are referencing my post, I didn't call the OP retarded.

Since I bought the 365 it has been pretty much year round.

I used to pocket carry a PM9 in the hottest weather, but a stock 365 carries so easily. I do occasionally carry something bigger in the cold weather. Not at all worried about changing guns. I pretty much carry in the same 4 o'clock position, unless I am wearing a shoulder rig. Doesn't really matter what is in the holster. I know how to grab it and put the bullets where I generally want them to go.
I hear you . The 365 is pretty darned perfect. I got a Wilson xl frame for mine & it's perfect for me.

No changes.

Full size Glock 17 or 22 IWB, Tisas Stainless 45 Carry Commander size OWB usually that under a sweatshirt.

Might thin out to a G48 or Mossberg MC2C just to justify buying a new gun.

Last edited:
unnamed.jpg

Usually I have the S&W M&P Bodyguard .380 on me with an additional magazine, a pocket knife,
a Olight pocket flashlight and a lighter 🔥 I know many of you are not fond of the Bodyguard.
I have had no issues with mine "ever" (with carry ammo), and I shoot it really good for a pocket gun.

EDC a Glock 17 with a spare AIWB and that stays the same 95% of the time. Really only changes if I have to dress up for something and need to tuck my shirt in, dress pants etc then it’s a Glock 43 with a spare.

I’m in construction, typically have flannel hoodie etc so easy cover. I always wear a wife beater as my undershirt even if I’m only wearing a tshirt so I don’t have any abrasion.

Back
Top Bottom